Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I have seen something really wierd about drivers licence, If you are a novice you have to obtain a learners license and be in learners (class 7) for a year,that means I can drive with the help of only a person with license.
My US license expired and I lost it between this mess.I have my Indian license but right after getting the license I left to india ,which means technically I don't have driving experience in india.
Any idea on what to do in this situation?
1 yr after learners (I am really surprised)
Throw the Indian License away, bro. Its of no use. If you had US license, you could have surrendered it and got an Canadian License.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Cant you renew the US license by mailing it in and then surrendering it for Canadian license? My friend had a US license and automatically got Canadian full license. But that was in Ontario. Try taking the license to the authorities to see of they will switch. If that doesn't work out and you don't have any experience on your Indian driving license than there isn't much you can do about it. I know in Ontario if you take driving lessons you only have to wait 8 months and then can get G2 license. Which lets you drive by yourself but not on the highway. Also you get a discount from auto insurance companies for taking such course.

I don't know how it works in Alberta but it shouldn't be much different than Ontario.
You need address proof, immigration docs for renewing US license. So its not at all possible for @PRANIT01 to renew his US license.

Reactions: PRANIT01

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Throw the Indian License away, bro. Its of no use. If you had US license, you could have surrendered it and got an Canadian License.
If he has lost his US license, his 2+ year old Indian license(and DL extract) would help him get a full license with a single road test right away.

Reactions: RSub

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
In Ontario that could be 350/month or more even
WTF? That's an insane rate. And that seems to be right as per the quotes I just looked at for a novice. For someone with 5 years xp, it's still 250CAD/month.
In the place where I live now, which has a higher cost of living than Toronto, I was able to do get 100USD/month as a novice driver and 80USD/month after 3years. Toronto seems to be 2.5times more.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
WTF? That's an insane rate. And that seems to be right as per the quotes I just looked at for a novice. For someone with 5 years xp, it's still 250CAD/month.
In the place where I live now, which has a higher cost of living than Toronto, I was able to do get 100USD/month as a novice driver and 80USD/month after 3years. Toronto seems to be 2.5times more.
You are in US? Let me give you some advice, don't compare anything to your past experience in the US in terms of prices, you'll just get depressed. My friend in the US who converted his US license with 5 yrs experience still had to pay around $250 for 2 years and then finally now its in the mid 100s

Last edited:

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
You are in US? Let me give you some advice, don't compare anything to your past experience in the US in terms of prices, you'll just get depressed. My friend in the US who converted his US license with 5 yrs experience still had to pay around $250 for 2 years and then finally now its in the mid 100s
Apart from healthcare, I've noticed that prices vary by upto 25% either way from the US. This is the one thing where I've seen such a stark difference. I wonder what's the reason though .... Do Ontario drivers suck or something?

James D. Ryan

Mar 13, 2019
Hi all,

Regarding RFV, may I please ask if I can use my company address as the courier address? My home address (mailing address) remains unchanged, but I stay in the office for like 12 hours per day and am not able to be available at home during to receive the package. Is that something that I need to update IRCC?

Thank you in advance!

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi all,

Regarding RFV, may I please ask if I can use my company address as the courier address? My home address (mailing address) remains unchanged, but I stay in the office for like 12 hours per day and am not able to be available at home during to receive the package. Is that something that I need to update IRCC?

Thank you in advance!
What package are you expecting? Your PR card? That is usually sent via regular post so it will be in your postbox, you don't need to sign for it.

nemo123

Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apart from healthcare, I've noticed that prices vary by upto 25% either way from the US. This is the one thing where I've seen such a stark difference. I wonder what's the reason though .... Do Ontario drivers suck or something?
Insider Information ;). I have worked for Insurance agency in Ontario. The insurance rate is not same across Ontario. Brampton (too many insurance fraud claims) is the highest. Oakville is a little better. So the city you live in matters. Other things that the rate is dependent upon is the type of car you use, your age, gender, previous accident history (Past 6 years) traffic violations (3 year history) Number of drivers in your house, Where you park your car ( garage or on the road), #claims in your area.

Your US history does not totally go to waste. You can order a insurance abstract and driving record from US and get cheaper rate if you had good driving history. This does not apply to India. Also outside Ontario insurance is really cheap. Heck everything is cheaper in Canada outside Ontario, except the territories up north

Jazzpanag

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10 May'22
IELTS Request
L-8,R-8,S-7.5,W-7.5
Passport Req..
25th May'22
Hello friends, in order to prepare documents is it necessary to provide job reference letter and pay slips for spouse (not main applicant) ?
Not required, add spouse work history details in personal histroy

Reactions: hamhk202

dravidmsk

May 28, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
26-01-2020
Is there a way one can go back and check the details provided on travel history post PPR?

I do not remember filling IMM 5562, and CIC has not requested any since AOR in Jan 2020.

Received PPR last week.