+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 994371

Does anyone know how far in advance an appointment can be booked with Service Canada? If anyone has booked the appointment recently, what dates were they giving out?

I am planning to land in September. I heard people booking an appointment in mid-march to get an appointment in late may or early June. What's the timeline right now?

BenMark

Star Member
May 5, 2021
Hello everyone, I mistakenly created an account on the PR confirmation portal, but I later learned that it's the VO's that create accounts for invited applicants, and then send them link to the account.

My question is, now that I've created the account and unfortunately I'm not able to delete it, will it cause a clash/conflict when the VO tries to create an account for me.

How do I resolve this issue.

Thanks!

charp

Star Member
Apr 16, 2014
Hi there

I had uploaded my additional documents (PCC, schedule A) requested by IRCC on 30th April but, unlike others, neither did I get an acknowledgment email till date, nor a change in status to “ we are reviewing your documents “ or “ not applicable” as is the case with most of people who had uploaded or submitted their documents. In other words, portal status has always been like “ your document’s have been uploaded”.

Also, documents had not only been uploaded but transmitted as well.

Just wanted to know if anyone experienced the same?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Does anyone know how far in advance an appointment can be booked with Service Canada? If anyone has booked the appointment recently, what dates were they giving out?

I am planning to land in September. I heard people booking an appointment in mid-march to get an appointment in late may or early June. What's the timeline right now?
This will depend on province and city. Appointments are based on availability in each city. Here in Regina, appts are currently being booked 2 months out.

D

Deleted member 994371

This will depend on province and city. Appointments are based on availability in each city. Here in Regina, appts are currently being booked 2 months out.

Regina is a pretty small place compared to Vancouver and Toronto. I imagine it would be worse over there.

shank15

Mar 3, 2020
I called IRCC yesterday and spoke to an agent. She confirmed me my ADR(PCC, Schedule A, Medical) was reviewed and all stages passed on 16th May 2022.

All stages were previously passed to and file was approved back in Jan 2021(15 months ago) but I did not receive PPR.

Now when should I expect PPR? Will they park my file again or finally issue me a PPR? I know it has been just 3 days since all stages passed again but I hate every second of waiting knowing my file was approved twice but still no PPR. Any thoughts?
I'm in the same boat as you...
Submitted my ADR of PCC & Schedule A on 12th May and ReMed Passed on 14th May. Now just waiting.

Reactions: ita_drgen

slavicgirl

Oct 27, 2021
I guess this is the start of their NOC based(or worse). If you didn’t like CEC only draws, imagine NOC only draw, language only draws, country only draws.
Exactly the way how I expected them to proceed. Not necesserily NOC based draws but cap can be inflicted on any NOCs. If the cap is full then you won’t be invited for that year. They probably seek more diversity.
Never thought about country draws.. isn’t that discriminating..? Isn’t it against the law?

Reactions: Lc4life

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Exactly the way how I expected them to proceed. Not necesserily NOC based draws but cap can be inflicted on any NOCs. If the cap is full then you won’t be invited for that year. They probably seek more diversity.
Never thought about country draws.. isn’t that discriminating..? Isn’t it against the law?
The US does it like that, but yes, it’s discriminatory and I doubt it would survive litigation in Canada. They have two ways of doing it “all except” like US country caps which is discriminatory, and “only” like the US diversity GC, which might survive, depending on which countries they choose(no white European country).

slavicgirl

Oct 27, 2021
The US does it like that, but yes, it’s discriminatory and I doubt it would survive litigation in Canada. They have two ways of doing it “all except” like US country caps which is discriminatory, and “only” like the US diversity GC, which might survive, depending on which countries they choose(no white European country).
That is not true, majority of European born people are eligible for the DV except maybe UK. I didn’t win this year but my collage classmate did las year, they got their visa last week.
How I can imagine what is coming just an example:
5000 slot for 21732 for 2023
5000 slot for 21733 for 2023 etc..

if the cap is full then no more invite for that NOCs.
Basically a hybrid system between FSW and NOC based draws.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
They're doing it for "economic goals", so they'll stick with NOC based draws or have multi-NOC draws with different cutoffs for different categories like Australia. Naturally, this will change the national/linguistic profile of the invited candidates but there is no way that they'll do anything explicit on that front.

It's probably a better approach than having PhD holders in unemployable fields driving taxis.