+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

LayinLow

Mar 16, 2021
It will be very disappointing if they further extend the travel restrictions after Sept 7 :confused:
That is what i am aftaid of.. coz they never said its confirmed borders r opening on the 7th.. they said its their intention to do so unlike the american border reopening which they had already stated was confirmed

Reactions: Rkb94

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
I visited Australia for one year to do my Post-Doc they never even stamped my passport when I arrived or left their borders. Everything was electronic. I was surprised when I heard that Canada needs my passport to give me the visa.
After been through multiple visas in Australia it’s weird to have everything paper based… it does feel backward.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
That is what i am aftaid of.. coz they never said its confirmed borders r opening on the 7th.. they said its their intention to do so unlike the american border reopening which they had already stated was confirmed
The re-opening of the border to US residents was only confirmed 2-3 days before the August 9 tentative date, so fingers crossed until the first week of September.

For the next couple of years, Covid cases are bound to fluctuate but the saving grace are the vaccines. I really don’t expect them to extend the border openings despite the rising cases (this was anticipated) because the epidemiological situation remains good and the vast majority of those affected are unvaccinated. Hopefully before September 7 we would have more than 75% of eligible Canadians fully vaccinated.

Also with possible elections this fall, the government will be poised to open up the borders as a mark of confidence in how they think they handled the pandemic. Let’s see how it goes

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
It was the same with US borders ;) when the date was closer they have announced to the public that it is the final date and they are going with it, it will be the same now. It is highly unlikely that they will extend the ban ;) they need tourists etc. And they need a lot of workers

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
I believe hospitalizations are increasing but predominantly amongst those who are unvaccinated.
The spike is not that big. I think we will start coming back to sort of normality at least in the countries where there is a high vaccination ratio. I also expect that at some stage covid vaccine will be a standart vaccination for kids as few others are :) anti-vaxxers screw your freedom

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Yeah. Canada has one of the lowest percentage of unvaccinated population in the world. Still, they could do better
Recently one of the Polish youtubers that live in Canada, referred to this vaccine as some sort of elixcir I think that dude played to much computer games such us „The Witcher”

Reactions: Jaycejay

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
The spike is not that big. I think we will start coming back to sort of normality at least in the countries where there is a high vaccination ratio. I also expect that at some stage covid vaccine will be a standart vaccination for kids as few others are :) anti-vaxxers screw your freedom
Yeah and I guess things like vaccine passports maybe a thing going forward. Moreover, I believe once there are full approvals given for covid vaccines (which is about to happen soon enough for some of them), there could be more people getting vaccinated.

Reactions: dxdroid