+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW points for IELTS score

zaigham_ali

Nov 2, 2014
aquaman0423 said:
I think johnny31 is correct.

If you read carefully CIC website, it states there "points per ability". Scores are calculated per ability and not per band.

So, what is the purpose of giving points per ability if the scoring is based from band level? CIC should have written, 16, 20 and 24 otherwise.
Dear friend i guess u need to read it properly. Clb level comprised of all 4 ability.. please dont go with wrong calculation ur application will be returned back..

zaigham_ali

Nov 2, 2014
Johnny31 said:
Listening : 6 = 4 points
speaking :7.5 = 6 points
Reading : 7 = 6 points
Writings : 7 = 6 points

Total = 22 points

Sources:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

http://www.fsw2014.info/ielts-calculator/

Good Luck!
Dear before i also think that is calculated individually but when my friend application ws rejected due to wrong point calculation then i was surprised. He claimed 19 points avtually it ws 16 and his app ws rejected and sent back.. plz take lesson from my experience and dont follow websites other then cic

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zaigham_ali said:
Dear before i also think that is calculated individually but when my friend application ws rejected due to wrong point calculation then i was surprised. He claimed 19 points avtually it ws 16 and his app ws rejected and sent back.. plz take lesson from my experience and dont follow websites other then cic
#1 - You are still wrong

#2 - I'm in Canada now - I've applied on my own and is here. No lawyers needed.

#3 - Many people that I've given advice to about FSW/CEC IELTS calculations are in Canada now as well - my credibility regarding this issue has not been questioned.

pssreddy25

Jul 2, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2014
Doc's Request.
ECAS - Application Received 29-05-14
Nomination.....
PER - 23 -10-14
AOR Received.
N/A(CPC-O Does not send AOR)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS - Started processing 31-10-2014
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
ECAS - Medical Received 23-10-14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2015
LANDED..........
Soon....!
zaigham_ali said:
Dear friend i guess u need to read it properly. Clb level comprised of all 4 ability.. please dont go with wrong calculation ur application will be returned back..
Dear Ali,

I see your point post for IELTS. I also see that, some members are not agreeing upon.

What all I can say is, you are 100% right.

However, I sent a sample scenario to CIC and asking them for points. Hopefully we will get response to show as proof of IELTS points calculation.

Until then, Let them "Think their own way and Deceive them selves". For every self deception (Wrong point calculation) :) ), there will be a consequence at the end.Consequence is - Application will be returned

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pssreddy25 said:
Dear Ali,

I see your point post for IELTS. I also see that, some members are not agreeing upon.

What all I can say is, you are 100% right.

However, I sent a sample scenario to CIC and asking them for points. Hopefully we will get response to show as proof of IELTS points calculation.

Until then, Let them "Think their own way and Deceive them selves". For every self deception (Wrong point calculation) :) ), there will be a consequence at the end.Consequence is - Application will be returned
Points are based on CLB (bands) and Bands are based on individual scores. For example, Listening score of 7 is CLB 8 but Speaking Score of 7 is CLB 9. Overall score is based on individual bands. There is no overall band. If there was overall band, then only score of 16, 20 or 24 would have been possible and there is no need to have matrix for individual score. But this is not the case, the existence of individual matrix proves that there is no overall band.

pssreddy25

Jul 2, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2014
Doc's Request.
ECAS - Application Received 29-05-14
Nomination.....
PER - 23 -10-14
AOR Received.
N/A(CPC-O Does not send AOR)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS - Started processing 31-10-2014
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
ECAS - Medical Received 23-10-14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2015
LANDED..........
Soon....!
rajibsam said:
Points are based on CLB (bands) and Bands are based on individual scores. For example, Listening score of 7 is CLB 8 but Speaking Score of 7 is CLB 9. Overall score is based on individual bands. There is no overall band. If there was overall band, then only score of 16, 20 or 24 would have been possible and there is no need to have matrix for individual score. But this is not the case, the existence of individual matrix proves that there is no overall band.
Hi Rajib,
I dont agree.

However, believe in what you believe.

CLB levels are defined based on all 4 modules.
How come you get points based on individual modules then?

arika

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/10/2014
Nomination.....
14/01/2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2015
Dear pssreddy25, it's not about "Think their own way and Deceive them selves".

That's how CIC calculates points for IELTS as per their official website:

CLB Level / Ability: Speaking / Ability: Listening / Ability: Reading / Ability: Writing / Points per ability
7 / 6.0 / 6.0 – 7.0 / 6.0 / 6.0 / 4
8 / 6.5 / 7.5 / 6.5 / 6.5 / 5
9 and abv / 7.0 – 9.0 / 8.0 – 9.0 / 7.0 – 9.0 / 7.0 – 9.0 6 / 6

It's not one random forumite's descretion. But official information, as clear as a white day. ;)

phsetaknev

Nov 12, 2014
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2015
IELTS Request
L-8.5 / R-8 / S-7 / W-6.5
Hi All,

I am a new user. I am giving my IELTS GT on Dec 6th and in order to score 21 points, how much score do I need to attain in each band? I heard that different sections have different categorization of marks allotment. Can someone pls enlighten! Thanks in advance :)

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
phsetaknev said:
Hi All,

I am a new user. I am giving my IELTS GT on Dec 6th and in order to score 21 points, how much score do I need to attain in each band? I heard that different sections have different categorization of marks allotment. Can someone pls enlighten! Thanks in advance :)
there are various combinations to get 21 - rather than worrying about the scores, just study hard and do your best. it's better to achieve a higher score than to be just enough.

salexander

Jan 30, 2012
Hello Guys,

I see a lot of arguments and confusion over the points calculation for IELTS scores and let's stop it. I just want to remind everyone that I was the one who started this subject 'FSW points for IELTS score' long back because of a lot of ambiguity over the way it is calculated. Let's clear the air on this issue now. Here was my case then.

Education - 21 points
Work Exp - 15 points
Age - 12 points
Langauge - 16 ??? or 19 ???? - Badly needed 19 points here to get the pass mark of 67 and I was not sure about the points calculations because the CIC website is not crystal clear about whether it is calculated based on individual abilities or overall CLB levels. God Damn it man.

Here was my IELTS score as below.
Listening - 7
Reading - 6
Writing - 7
Speaking - 6.5

If I calculate points as per the CLB levels, I would only get 16 points which could get me only 64 points and I am not eligible
If I calculate points as per the individual abilities, I would exactly get pass mark of 67 points and I become eligible. So here was tricky situation and I was split in mind then and still sent my application to CHC including the below IELTS scores. I did talk to a lot of consultants in India and Canada and some of them told me that I would get only 16 points for my language(CLB levels) and finally not eligible for PR. But some of consultants told me that I do get 19 points(individual abilities) for my scores and I am eligible for the PR as I get the exact pass mark of 67.

The good news is that I got my PER last October 23 saying that my application has received positive eligibility and it will be put into further processing.So I believe this confirms that case officer gave me 19 points for my IELTS scores which got me a exact pass mark of 67 points and would have definitely calculated the points based on the individual abilities .If they had calculated based on the overall CLB levels, my application would have been returned and it did not happen.I guess I got the PER from CHC because I am eligible for the PR and I have the pass mark of 67. Any thoughts? :) :)

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salexander said:
Hello Guys,

I see a lot of arguments and confusion over the points calculation for IELTS scores and let's stop it. I just want to remind everyone that I was the one who started this subject 'FSW points for IELTS score' long back because of a lot of ambiguity over the way it is calculated. Let's clear the air on this issue now. Here was my case then.

Education - 21 points
Work Exp - 15 points
Age - 12 points
Langauge - 16 ??? or 19 ???? - Badly needed 19 points here to get the pass mark of 67 and I was not sure about the points calculations because the CIC website is not crystal clear about whether it is calculated based on individual abilities or overall CLB levels. God Damn it man.

Listening - 7
Reading - 6
Writing - 7
Speaking - 6.5

If I calculate points as per the CLB levels, I would only get 16 points which could get me only 64 points and I am not eligible
If I calculate points as per the individual abilities, I would exactly get pass mark of 67 points and I become eligible. So here was tricky situation and I was split in mind then and still sent my application to CHC including the below IELTS scores. I did talk to a lot of consultants in India and Canada and some of them told me that I would get only 16 points for my language(CLB levels) and finally not eligible for PR. But some of consultants told me that I do get 19 points(individual abilities) for my scores and I am eligible for the PR as I get the exact pass mark of 67.

The good news is that I got my PER last October 23 saying that my application has received positive eligibility and it will be put into further processing.So I believe this confirms that case officer gave me 19 points for my IELTS scores which got me a exact pass mark of 67 points and would have definitely calculated the points based on the individual abilities .If they had calculated based on the overall CLB levels, my application would have been returned and it did not happen.I guess I got the PER from CHC because I am eligible for the PR and I have the pass mark of 67. Any thoughts? :) :)
Congrats on your PER!

Hopefully more good news will follow soon!

dkd2014

Nov 11, 2014
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats for PER and thanks for clarifying to all on this forum members

salexander said:
Hello Guys,

Education - 21 points
Work Exp - 15 points
Age - 12 points

Listening - 7
Reading - 6
Writing - 7
Speaking - 6.5

aquaman0423

Oct 2, 2014
salexander said:
Hello Guys,

Education - 21 points
Work Exp - 15 points
Age - 12 points

Listening - 7
Reading - 6
Writing - 7
Speaking - 6.5

Please update until you received your visa. OK? :)
Congratulations!