+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 HONG KONG VISA OFFICE

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bachar said:
Does anybody know how to join HKVO QQ group 278363422 ?
I have tried many times but I couldn't join it
Is it possible it's private and required an invitation or password? I know nothing about QQ.

Is the group in English or Chinese? If in English let me know and maybe I'll join too.

johnny_asd

Feb 22, 2015
Bachar said:
No need to submit PCC for Canada as it is mentioned in the guide:

You and your family members who are 18 years of age and older and are not permanent residents or Canadian citizens must provide:

valid police certificate, or
police clearance, or
record of no information.
These documents are to be provided for each country other than Canada, in which you have lived for six (6) consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.

Thanks a lot Bachar.....

teddiegracie

Nov 7, 2014
Many have tried and never got a response. I think it's a private group, meaning the organizer has to accept your request to join. Unfortunately, the person seems to pretty much ignore most of the requests.

teddiegracie

Nov 7, 2014
future_canadian said:
Is it possible it's private and required an invitation or password? I know nothing about QQ.

Is the group in English or Chinese? If in English let me know and maybe I'll join too.
It's in Chinese.

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
teddiegracie said:
Many have tried and never got a response. I think it's a private group, meaning the organizer has to accept your request to join. Unfortunately, the person seems to pretty much ignore most of the requests.
maybe it is not free, not like this great forum
Let's all pray for HKVO to move faster, there is no MR since October

teddiegracie

Nov 7, 2014
Bachar said:
maybe it is not free, not like this great forum
Let's all pray for HKVO to move faster, there is no MR since October
It's actually free. It's just that the organizer of the group has to accept your request to join. And for some strange reason, he/she picks and chooses.

Really? There's been no MR since Oct? It's mind-boggling how slow HK is moving. I'm an early July application, and to date, there is still no second-line update. Very frustrating!

SSMC

Nov 26, 2014
Hi friends
Just notice that there is a chat for HKVO
Other than the AOR received in late Jan, there is nothing else from HKVO

Hey, wanna see if you guys experience the same
Even I have received PER and AOR, I could not check my status in ECAS

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SSMC said:
Hi friends
Just notice that there is a chat for HKVO
Other than the AOR received in late Jan, there is nothing else from HKVO

Hey, wanna see if you guys experience the same
Even I have received PER and AOR, I could not check my status in ECAS
Be 100% sure you have entered all info correctly and chosen the correct line from the pull-down menu?

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
teddiegracie said:
It's actually free. It's just that the organizer of the group has to accept your request to join. And for some strange reason, he/she picks and chooses.

Really? There's been no MR since Oct? It's mind-boggling how slow HK is moving. I'm an early July application, and to date, there is still no second-line update. Very frustrating!
Yes, I'm 7 May applicant and completed medicals mid-November and have heard nothing since then. I did have to renew passports for a couple members of my family and sent a CSE with copies of new passports, so that may slow me down a bit, but still it's getting to be a long wait.

I noticed a pattern from the spreadsheet. In October and November, there were some lucky applicants who did their medicals and very quickly got their RPRF request within a few days and then got visas a few days after paying. It all happened very fast. That accounts for the few visas issued so far to those on the spreadsheet. However, since then there has been nothing even for other people who did medicals in November like my family did. There are several waiting since completing medicals in November or even late October. I've requested information from them if they have any. On the one hand it makes me feel a little better that it is probably not a problem with my application that is causing the delay. But on the other hand, what is going on at HKVO??

teddiegracie

Nov 7, 2014
future_canadian said:
Yes, I'm 7 May applicant and completed medicals mid-November and have heard nothing since then. I did have to renew passports for a couple members of my family and sent a CSE with copies of new passports, so that may slow me down a bit, but still it's getting to be a long wait.

I noticed a pattern from the spreadsheet. In October and November, there were some lucky applicants who did their medicals and very quickly got their RPRF request within a few days and then got visas a few days after paying. It all happened very fast. That accounts for the few visas issued so far to those on the spreadsheet. However, since then there has been nothing even for other people who did medicals in November like my family did. There are several waiting since completing medicals in November or even late October. I've requested information from them if they have any. On the one hand it makes me feel a little better that it is probably not a problem with my application that is causing the delay. But on the other hand, what is going on at HKVO??

Exactly! What's going on at HKVO?! They are probably one of the slowest, if not THE slowest, VO right now, and it's just incomprehensible why. It almost feels like all the visa officers went on maternity leave TOGETHER. :'(

It could be that all the holidays were causing the slow-down, and hopefully things will start picking up again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for us all.

Btw, can you please tell me which spreadsheet you're referring to? Thanks.

sansanlaosu

Star Member
May 4, 2014
According to the Chinese forums, there were six MEs released before the CNY break. But overall HKVO is pretty slow in processing. I am in the same position, where my application was shown second line on end of Oct and was required to send Canadian PCC on Jan, ever since that I got nothing at all.
Out of curiosity, may I know what are your NOCs ?

By the way, to johnny_asd
Canadian PCC might be needed if VO requests.

johnny_asd

Feb 22, 2015
sansanlaosu said:
According to the Chinese forums, there were six MEs released before the CNY break. But overall HKVO is pretty slow in processing. I am in the same position, where my application was shown second line on end of Oct and was required to send Canadian PCC on Jan, ever since that I got nothing at all.
Out of curiosity, may I know what are your NOCs ?

By the way, to johnny_asd
Canadian PCC might be needed if VO requests.
My NOC is 2171. Do u know how we can apply for Canadian PCC from hk?

sansanlaosu

Star Member
May 4, 2014
johnny_asd said:
My NOC is 2171. Do u know how we can apply for Canadian PCC from hk?
@johnny_asd
Here is the links you need to read.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp
http://www.rcmp.gc.ca/cr-cj/acc-eng.htm

I am not sure if HK provides digital fingerprints since RCMP only accepts digitized fingerprints.
Here is what I do in Taiwan.
1. get forms from the accredited companies, we need their assistance on digitization. (remember to get quotation from them first. It's not cheap.)
2. have your fingerprints printed (from authorized organization, like police office or immigration office) on the paper form
3. send your fingerprints together with payment to the company you chosen.
4. Wait for results.

Simple and easy.
Waiting game is the most killing part. :(
Good luck to everyone's application.

johnny_asd

Feb 22, 2015
[quote author=sansanlaosu lik=topic=244978.msg4067371#msg4067371 date=1424850384]
@ johnny_asd
Here is the liks you need to read.

I am not sure if HK provides digital fingerprints since RCMP only accepts digitized fingerprints.
Here is what I do in Taiwan.
1. get forms from the accredited companies, we need their assistance on digitization. (remember to get quotation from them first. It's not cheap.)
2. have your fingerprints printed (from authorized organization, like police office or immigration office) on the paper form
3. send your fingerprints together with payment to the company you chosen.
4. Wait for results.

Simple and easy.
Waiting game is the most killing part. :(
Good luck to everyone's application.

[/quote]

Thanks sansanlaosu and good luck everyone for the application. It really seems a very long process time....

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
future_canadian said:

Did your ECAS show the third line ?
HKVO must care more about applicant time especially after medical, coz day after day applicant lose time from visa validity and this will narrow the options of getting flight tickets and landing plans.
I think the pace get slower from the end of October, many in Chinese forum have been waiting for more than 4 months without getting their MR
Let's pray for VO to get back to it's speed