+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 HONG KONG VISA OFFICE

teddiegracie

Nov 7, 2014
future_canadian said:
HKVO has started to send files to other VOs? I've only heard of CIC doing this for NDVO applicants.
It's actually the other way around. CIC has begun sending files of those applicants who selected BJVO to HKVO. Given HKVO's processing speed and supposed backlog, isn't this mind-boggling?

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
teddiegracie said:
It's actually the other way around. CIC has begun sending files of those applicants who selected BJVO to HKVO. Given HKVO's processing speed and supposed backlog, isn't this mind-boggling?
How do we know that? That is indeed mind-boggling.

teddiegracie

Nov 7, 2014
future_canadian said:
How do we know that? That is indeed mind-boggling.
A lot of people are mentioning that in the Chinese forum. Selected BVJO on the application, then received AOR from HKVO...

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
teddiegracie said:
A lot of people are mentioning that in the Chinese forum. Selected BVJO on the application, then received AOR from HKVO...
Any movement among Chinese applicants recently, or is HKVO as silent with them as it has been with us?

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
teddiegracie said:
Many have tried and never got a response. I think it's a private group, meaning the organizer has to accept your request to join. Unfortunately, the person seems to pretty much ignore most of the requests.
I found how it works
When you try to join the group a window will open to let you send short message to group admins, so you just need to send them your timeline to get accepted

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bachar said:
I found how it works
When you try to join the group a window will open to let you send short message to group admins, so you just need to send them your timeline to get accepted
Do thy have their own spreadsheet that's easy to understand for someone who doesn't speak Chinese? Would they understand if I sent my timeline in English?

crewbunk

Star Member
May 6, 2014
I have been waiting for few months since I received AOR at early November...... no second line yet at all...what's going on! I am June 26 applicant

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crewbunk said:
I have been waiting for few months since I received AOR at early November...... no second line yet at all...what's going on! I am June 26 applicant
Welcome to the party. I got MR about 6 weeks after AOR. But been waiting 3.5 months so far since medicals received (3rd line update). From the spreadsheet we can see that the very first few applicants to be processed were lightning fast and all of a sudden processing has seemingly ground to a halt. Aside from HKVO being understaffed nobody knows why. Keep us posted, good luck and try not to let the waiting get to you.

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
future_canadian said:
Do thy have their own spreadsheet that's easy to understand for someone who doesn't speak Chinese? Would they understand if I sent my timeline in English?
Yes, they have their own spreadsheet and it is easy, they actually use English terms
but before you join you must have QQ account which is easy actually, you can search for QQ international and sign up so you can use it in English
They will accept timeline in English and answer your question in English too, they all passed IELTS so no problem at all

teddiegracie

Nov 7, 2014
crewbunk said:
The latest I saw was a 6/20 applicant getting a second-line update. That was about 3 weeks ago. You must be the next one in line, given you're only 6 days apart. Why would they take this long to get to someone whose application is only 6 days apart is the million-dollar question right now.

teddiegracie

Nov 7, 2014
future_canadian said:
Welcome to the party. I got MR about 6 weeks after AOR. But been waiting 3.5 months so far since medicals received (3rd line update). From the spreadsheet we can see that the very first few applicants to be processed were lightning fast and all of a sudden processing has seemingly ground to a halt. Aside from HKVO being understaffed nobody knows why. Keep us posted, good luck and try not to let the waiting get to you.
There are also a few applications who mailed out their passport in mid-January, and have not heard back. So yeah, until we can figure out what the heck is going on at HKVO, welcome to the waiting boat...

crewbunk

Star Member
May 6, 2014
teddiegracie said:
There are also a few applications who mailed out their passport in mid-January, and have not heard back. So yeah, until we can figure out what the heck is going on at HKVO, welcome to the waiting boat...
That's crazy..sending passport in mid-Jan and still not getting in back.... what if someone need to biz travel or work? >_<

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crewbunk said:
That's crazy..sending passport in mid-Jan and still not getting in back.... what if someone need to biz travel or work? >_<
You can inform the VO and ask for it back. Sometimes they stamp it quickly and other times they just give it back then you have to resubmit it.