+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sriramkb

Apr 6, 2014
Toronto,Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC, Missisagua
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 12-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with File
Med's Request
03-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
12-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-07-2015
rahimvirani said:
I am not able to get the answers from IELTS forum so, post here.....opnion require from expert...
What are the criteria for converting general ielts listening and reading marks into the band???
Does it change with exam to exam as per difficulty level or is fixed through out??
Yesterday I have given idp exam at surat. Listening is quite difficult I feel and I think I can score 26 to 28 in exam general module. What band can I expect for this score?
use this link to calculate your IELTS Score for Listening and Reading:
http://www.examenglish.com/IELTS/IELTS_Band_Score_Calculator.html

jayeshaminnew

Apr 25, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
18-08-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
rahimvirani said:
I am not able to get the answers from IELTS forum so, post here.....opnion require from expert...
What are the criteria for converting general ielts listening and reading marks into the band???
Does it change with exam to exam as per difficulty level or is fixed through out??
Yesterday I have given idp exam at surat. Listening is quite difficult I feel and I think I can score 26 to 28 in exam general module. What band can I expect for this score?
Here is the band score per marks:
http://www.examenglish.com/IELTS/IELTS_Band_Scores.html

wanderer24x7

Star Member
Apr 30, 2014
rumel said:
I am really confused about your post.

How can you say that it is only for Software Testers??

and Yes obviously Software Tester can apply because their title is enlisted

Example Titles
application architect
computer software engineer
embedded software engineer
software architect
software design engineer
software design verification engineer

software designer
software testing engineer

systems integration engineer – software
technical architect – software
telecommunications software engineer

except these all other titles for the Software Engineers

If anyone has all the documents Appointment letter, Payslip, Exp in title with Software Engineer then how can they apply as
2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers?

In last year FSW13 in is mentioned that
2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers(Except Software Engineers)

Applicant who are designated Software Engineers couldnt apply. If people apply in 2174 with designation Software Engineer, there is 90% possibility to be rejected.

For description, it is true that the responsibilities is similar to 2174 occupations but anyone trying to apply to 2174 with designation Software Engineer, they have to change their designation as Software Programmer or Software Developer

Please revert me if I am incorrect
Rumel,

I never said that Software Engineers can not file their application under NOC 2173 but most of the duties listed in NOC 2173 closely matches with test engineers, There are different duties available for NOC 2174 and 2175 which better suits the developers/programmers/software engineers working mostly on coding part.

For analysts 2171 is better suited, 2172 is best suited for DBAs.

Some people whose responsibilities falls under grey area(most probably co-ordination job/cross-functional job) can choose between 2171 and 2173.

I am stressing this because this can help people to do further research before choosing any category which they feel suits them better before sending their application as they have to go through the proofs that they have obtained from current and previous employers.

Again, person can choose any category based on the job duties that they are performing or had performed in past. Titles does not matter, one should choose correct category to convince CIC officials that they truly have expertise/experience in the NOC that he/she has chosen.

obaied

Dec 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rahimvirani said:
if 26 then 6
28 then 6.5

albertoenriquezjr

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
8.0 sent with Application
neel-here said:
BUTT, BUTT, BUTT....

You need to provide detailed Reference Letter (with Contract, pay stubs etc.) for all those Occupations (whether Primary or other NOC) for which you want to claim points. Unless the Assessing Officer is satisfied with your Ref Letters viz. Skill 0,A or B, FT , paid etc etc.. S'he will not give your points, irrespective of NOC.

So if Applicant 'A' provides Ref Letter for only Primary NOC Occupation, he will get points only for that Occ/ # of yrs. (subj to satisfaction of VO). Similarly, if Applicant 'B' provides Ref Letter for all his Occupations in last 10 yrs (incl the Prim./ Eligible Occ), he can expect to get points for all of those jobs/ total # of yrs. (subj to satisfaction of VO). Disclaimer: its my personal view, pls corroborate with experts
To Senior Members:

I have some similar concerns as well. Kindly advise how to deal with the following :
1. Is it okay to write the Main Duties in current occupation in Schedule 3 form under section 12b even if I have no reference letter, my current company don't issue reference letters. I'm not planning to claim points with my current job, I'm just new (8 months) and not my Primary Occupation
2. I have been issued UCI in 2013 but denied due to CAP reached - I'll use this UCI in my application this year. Do I need to write my UCI in my Dependent's UCI in the Generic form or just leave the dependents UCI blank?
3. Also, in Schedule A form section 6d "been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa...?" I will put yes in my form as a principal applicant. Do I need to answer Yes as well for my spouse/dependent Sched A form?

Will sure appreciate all the help on this...Thanks.

jayeshaminnew

Apr 25, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
18-08-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-03-2015

obaied

Dec 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
albertoenriquezjr said:
To Senior Members:

I have some similar concerns as well. Kindly advise how to deal with the following :
1. Is it okay to write the Main Duties in current occupation in Schedule 3 form under section 12b even if I have no reference letter, my current company don't issue reference letters. I'm not planning to claim points with my current job, I'm just new (8 months) and not my Primary Occupation
2. I have been issued UCI in 2013 but denied due to CAP reached - I'll use this UCI in my application this year. Do I need to write my UCI in my Dependent's UCI in the Generic form or just leave the dependents UCI blank?
3. Also, in Schedule A form section 6d "been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa...?" I will put yes in my form as a principal applicant. Do I need to answer Yes as well for my spouse/dependent Sched A form?

3. u were returned due to cap reached not refused.
seniors pl coments

samsaf29

Star Member
Dec 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LOndon
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014
Nomination.....
24-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER 24-11-2014.. SLU 27-8-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
obaied said:
no it is not mandatory at this stage, might vo office ask later.
Thanx

Mr and mrs S

May 10, 2014
Am including some documents Regarding proof of relatives to have extra points in our application . Have an aunt ( sister of my mom ) who has been a Canadian citizen for 25 years already and residing in Toronto . Also have a brother who got his Canadian permanent residency card 3 years ago and is also currently residing in Toronto . Who do we use for our application as a relative ( aunt or brother ). or should we use both ? Will using aunt be better since she has been there 25 years versus brother who has only been there for 3 years and not yet a Canadian citizen ?

nivo

May 12, 2014
one question about NOC1112 cap filling deadline

According to FSW2013 spreadsheet, 13 out of 300 apps were recorded in the sheet. Does this mean that until 8th May 2014, the actual apps are the number in the FSW2014 sheet 38÷(13÷300)=880. is it right? i am really worried about it cos it is so fast to fill the cap. Thanks for any input

albertoenriquezjr

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
To Senior Members:

2. I have been issued UCI in 2013 but application was returne due to CAP reached - I'll use this UCI in my application this year. Do I need to write my UCI in my Dependent's UCI in the Generic form or just leave the dependents UCI blank?

snow_ski

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For the work experience I am providing reference letters. But is it mandatory to provide the additional documents such as- copies of work contracts and copies of pay stubs?!

I don't have the "pay slips" either from my current and past job! If I provide only reference letter is it going to be enough??

balars4

Feb 25, 2014
Bro's, Some one posted his friend application reached last week of April for FSW13. Whether his CC/DD charged?

Look in http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-2013-applicants-timeline-lets-network-here-t146774.64755.html
Users 'helokey and fdc1215' FSW'13 Applicants.

They charged CC/DD in 18days itself. AOR in 30days from received date.
Hope they would have charged till 20th April by now. From 20th to 30 April, they will complete CC/DD charge by 20th May.

With all this data I think CC/DD may be charged for FSW'14 applicant from 25th May or from 1st June itself
. May-1 Applicant be ready during last/first week of May/Jun.

TangoCharlie1234

Apr 24, 2014
India
Visa Office......
CPC M
App. Filed.......
5/24/19
Re: one question about NOC1112 cap filling deadline

nivo said:
According to FSW2013 spreadsheet, 13 out of 300 apps were recorded in the sheet. Does this mean that until 8th May 2014, the actual apps are the number in the FSW2014 sheet 38÷(13÷300)=880. is it right? i am really worried about it cos it is so fast to fill the cap. Thanks for any input

You can never judge bars on this theory, i don't know how we reach such a conclusion. Think about it. No cap can fill so fast. If it took 23 days to fill 300, can it be the case that 1000 got filled in 10 days? When the air was that fsw 14 will not open at all

albertoenriquezjr

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
snow_ski said:
For the work experience I am providing reference letters. But is it mandatory to provide the additional documents such as- copies of work contracts and copies of pay stubs?!

I don't have the "pay slips" either from my current and past job! If I provide only reference letter is it going to be enough??

Not mandatory but VO may request for them later. I would suggest you go ahead and proceed with your application.

Status
Not open for further replies.