+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

neel-here

Champion Member
May 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nshivani said:
You don't mislead others
If u don't know English please write ielts again
Sorry, the sense I get from IELTS is that it is a test for 'Language Skills' (R, W, S or L). It doesn't Test or Help your reasoning skills / interpretation skills... better suggest some other test or have some 'badaam'

(Reg your Ref to pg. 481.. the guy @ vinodpopli has assumed his M Com to be equiv. Master's in Canada.. let's not ass_u_me ourselves here, Refer to ECA Report summary & then jump to equiv. Conclusion) (FYI- His earlier post says he has send documents to WES on May 1 for assessment.. so wait n watch)

Also, be wise if your Self Assessment shows more than 67 points.. then don't fight for 1 point. The way I understand it, if ECA report says 'Master's degree' - it should fetch 23 points. (Like most of the other forumites, I considered 23 pts for my Self Assesment)

gs123

May 2, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
Doc's Request.
04-07-2014
Med's Request
04-07-2014
Med's Done....
14-08-2014
Passport Req..
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
31-08-2014
rumel said:
I am really confused about your post.

How can you say that it is only for Software Testers??

and Yes obviously Software Tester can apply because their title is enlisted

Example Titles
application architect
computer software engineer
embedded software engineer
software architect
software design engineer
software design verification engineer

software designer
software testing engineer

systems integration engineer – software
technical architect – software
telecommunications software engineer

except these all other titles for the Software Engineers

If anyone has all the documents Appointment letter, Payslip, Exp in title with Software Engineer then how can they apply as
2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers?

In last year FSW13 in is mentioned that
2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers(Except Software Engineers)

Applicant who are designated Software Engineers couldnt apply. If people apply in 2174 with designation Software Engineer, there is 90% possibility to be rejected.

For description, it is true that the responsibilities is similar to 2174 occupations but anyone trying to apply to 2174 with designation Software Engineer, they have to change their designation as Software Programmer or Software Developer

Please revert me if I am incorrect
I think your are right. If designation in experience/letter says software engineer and someone applies in 2174, it may be contradictory although the duties are similar as per me. This also depends on the duties. Thin line between these 2. Not sure how CIC validates this.

For sure, 2173 is not strictly for testing engineers. Developers can also apply in this category. Why not. Job description mentions that clearly. Job title and duties in the letter will conclude. Good luck!

gs123

May 2, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
Doc's Request.
04-07-2014
Med's Request
04-07-2014
Med's Done....
14-08-2014
Passport Req..
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
31-08-2014
Century said:
How about this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/ECA_table_EN.pdf

University-level credential at theMaster's level OR an entry-to-practice professional degree.
CIC only accepts as an entry-to-practice professional degree, those degrees issued in relation to an occupation listed at NOC Skill level A and for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required.
23 points
That's right. It clarifies. Thanks for finding this out and making it clear for people. +1

dbase1981

May 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014 1:57 PM DD encashed June 25, 2014
AOR Received.
PER August 7, 2014
Med's Request
August 27, 2014
Med's Done....
September 22, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 7, 2014
LANDED..........
September 8, 2015
lovenish said:
hey seniors what if someone forgets to write his/her name on last page of Generic form?? I have just signed and dated it...but forgot to write my name. Me also clicked yes in the box.... plz reply
I am not really sure... But it will surely be returned if the signature is the one that was missed... Any experts guys?

gs123

May 2, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
Doc's Request.
04-07-2014
Med's Request
04-07-2014
Med's Done....
14-08-2014
Passport Req..
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
31-08-2014
lovenish said:
hey seniors what if someone forgets to write his/her name on last page of Generic form?? I have just signed and dated it...but forgot to write my name. Me also clicked yes in the box.... plz reply

dbase1981 said:
I am not really sure... But it will surely be returned if the signature is the one that was missed... Any experts guys?
Not an expert but I think it should not be a problem. From last year, I read a few people saying their applications were returned because they forgot to sign but there was no one who said no name written and any issues. Not signing a form is a big deal as no one else can/should sign on your behalf but writing a missing name by cic officer/someone else should be ok. Good luck!

dbase1981

May 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014 1:57 PM DD encashed June 25, 2014
AOR Received.
PER August 7, 2014
Med's Request
August 27, 2014
Med's Done....
September 22, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 7, 2014
LANDED..........
September 8, 2015
gs123 said:
Not an expert but I think it should not be a problem. From last year, I read a few people saying their applications were returned because they forgot to sign but there was no one who said no name written and any issues. Not signing a form is a big deal as no one else can/should sign on your behalf but writing a missing name by cic officer/someone else should be ok. Good luck!
I also agree, because it is already a give away information if they read the rest of the forms... And I also look at previous rejections and there was none... I think he will be ok.

ckonedz

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/05/2014
Nomination.....
08/09/2014
AOR Received.
19/09/2014
Med's Request
25/09/2014
Med's Done....
24/10/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13/01/2014
LANDED..........
August15!!
dbase1981 said:
I also agree, because it is already a give away information if they read the rest of the forms... And I also look at previous rejections and there was none... I think he will be ok.
I confirm, there should'nt be any problem when a family's name is missing at page 12 of the generic form.
Last year, I had my package returned due to a missing form (additional info. of spouse). I had also missed to fill my family's name, but the generic form was considered to be ok!

By the way, I had submitted a new application Under NOC2113 on the 10th of May and I hope this time, It will be ok!

Hope the best outcome for all!

dollyy

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone please answer below queries:

In Schedule 3: Economic Classes – Federal Skilled Worker (IMM 0008 – Schedule 3) Form ,
QUESTION 12a) I write Elect. Engineer NOC: 2133
Now in question 12(b) what to write in occupation??

asdmhee

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
dollyy said:
Can anyone please answer below queries:

In Schedule 3: Economic Classes – Federal Skilled Worker (IMM 0008 – Schedule 3) Form ,
QUESTION 12a) I write Elect. Engineer NOC: 2133
Now in question 12(b) what to write in occupation??
same here. What if your current occupation are not included in the sample job title listed, should I write my job title provided in my COE or the the listed in the NOC ?

BUNZ

Dec 10, 2013
Achiever 99 said:
There is no issues even if you have made a lot of travel between India and UK. You should mention that in the form though.
Thank you Achiever 99 and Century..

Achiever 99

Sep 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/5/14
lovenish said:
dbase1981 said:
There will not be an issue as long as it is signed and dated. CIC consider this issues and write the minors needed by their self.
It wont be a problem.... Dont worry..... All the best :D

Achiever 99

Sep 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/5/14
atulte said:
Hi,
I have a question. I have a minor child but yet i have not initiated the process of passport for my child. Do i need it before i can apply for FSW application or i can do it later ?
You can send your application without child's passport for now to secure your place before cap reach. You can send child details in later stage.

Achiever 99

Sep 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/5/14
praveensk said:
Hi All,

I have worked as programmer analyst for first 4 years and then as senior software engineer for 3.5 years and now as technical lead for one year.

And in my all roles I was a developer in Microsoft technologies.

Now, confusion is, my first designation programmer analyst falls in 2174 and next two in 2173, so under which NOC I should apply?

Thanks again for all the support and valuable information I am getting from this forum.

Thanks & Regards,
Praveen
In both the designations you have 4 and 3.5 years of exp.
So for 4+ years you get 13 points
and or 3+ years you get 11 points

I would suggest to choose current NOC if you can make 67 points.

Otherwise, thats depends on the points you are looking for. You can choose any.

praveensk

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Achiever 99 said:
In both the designations you have 4 and 3.5 years of exp.
So for 4+ years you get 13 points
and or 3+ years you get 11 points

I would suggest to choose current NOC if you can make 67 points.

Otherwise, thats depends on the points you are looking for. You can choose any.
@Achiever 99: Thank your for your reply.

Actually, if I consider any one ofthese then I will have exact 67 points, so that's why I am thinking to tweak my roles in the reference letter and apply in any one of the category, looks like 2174 best suites me. But my second job designation is senior software engineer, will this make any problem or I can go ahead and apply as 2174? and one more point is that my current employer is not providing detailed reference letter.

Please guide with your thoughts.

Thanks again.

angelxue

May 23, 2013
Shanghai
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
#need help#

I noticed in the FSW 2014 global spreadsheet, there are 2 of me, i.e. line 55 & 60. this is duplicate. can anyone help me delete line 60? sorry i don't know how it came out... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.