+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanv

Apr 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
Hi all,

Help needed to assess points for education:

I am a CMA (cost and management accountant) and my noc is 0111 financial managers. I applied to WES for assessment of my CMA degree which is done after bachelors; I did not send them my bachelor’s dox. They sent me the following evaluation:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMERY
2 years of professional study

I contacted them and told them that I think it is unfair as in my country it is equal to masters, they told me to send my bachelors dox and I ve sent them now but my ECAS still shows dox awaited.

Now I have this evaluation report with me my question is

Do I wait for my re-evaluation to arrive or send my application with the old report. If I do then what would my points ?

Education Maximum 25 points
University degree at the Doctoral (PhD) level or equalNote de bas de page1
25 points
University degree at the Master’s level or equalNote de bas de page1 OR University level entry-to-practice professional degree (or equalNote de bas de page1). Occupation related to the degree must be:
• NOC 2011 Skill Level A, and
• licensed by a provincial regulatory body.
Note: Degree program must be in one of these fields of study: Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Podiatry, Optometry, Law, Chiropractic Medicine, or Pharmacy. 23 points
Two or more Canadian post-secondary degrees or diplomas or equalNote de bas de page1 (at least one must be for a program of at least three years) 22 points
Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma for a program of three years or longer, or equalNote de bas de page1
21 points
Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma for a two-year program, or equalNote de bas de page1
19 points
Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma for a one-year program, or equalNote de bas de page1
15 points
Canadian high school diploma, or equalNote de bas de page1
5 points

I am so confused plz help me.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
makeev said:
Dear Members,

Today I mailed my Application for FSW2014 for NOC 2133 category, FedEx has given a delivery date for my documents to be May 6th. I hope I can make it in the 500 Quota for this NOC.
You sure have a big heart!
Let's hope that the status quo remains same by 1st May.
Cheers!

canadasuperb

Star Member
Jun 6, 2013
makeev said:
Dear Members,

Today I mailed my Application for FSW2014 for NOC 2133 category, FedEx has given a delivery date for my documents to be May 6th. I hope I can make it in the 500 Quota for this NOC.
Hey Makeev,

You not waited for forms to be updated?

Balaji2329

Apr 29, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2014
AOR Received.
24-09-2014
Med's Done....
18-12-2014
Passport Req..
WAITING
Dear ALL,

Please help, i got some replies from our friends but still confused.. Ashif if possible make it more clear for me.. sorry for the same question again..

I have a doubt in filling Question 12 a and 12 b of schedule 3. I am applying under "Mechanical Engineer" category and I have my designations as Assistant Manager Mechanical and Service Engineer, each having more than one year of experience.

I also checked that my designation as "Service Engineer" is same as "Mechanical Maintenance Engineer" title given under Mechanical Engineer category. I wanted to know, how should i fill 12(a)

12(a) Occupation - MECHANICAL ENGINEER NOC- 2132

12(b) Occupation - Assistant Manager Mechanical - 2132
Occupation - Service Engineer - 2132

Or, can i fill as below ,

12(a) Occupation - SERVICE ENGINEER NOC- 2132

12(b) Occupation - Assistant Manager Mechanical - 2132
Occupation - Service Engineer - 2132

Which format i can fill. Kindly advise.

Additional Info - In reference letter for Service engineer occupation i can get it as "Service engineer is same as Mechanical Maintenance engineer".

aha2174

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadasuperb said:
Hey Makeev,

You not waited for forms to be updated?

I am sure they are not going to change a single bit than last year but still its better to wait to send on 1st/2nd May...

shakti123

Apr 25, 2014
rawdah said:
FEW TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL APPLICATION

1. Use all the updated forms on CIC website. (wait till 1st May CIC working time for the Application package containing updated Application forms, Instruction guide, Document check list, Fee payment form etc on their website)

2. Read the Instruction guide thoroughly. Fill your forms as per the instruction in Instruction guide.

3. Read the Document check list thorougly. If you are unable to provide any of the requested documentation, include with your application, a written explanation with full details as to why that document is unavailable and any documentation that would support your claim.

4. In the Document check list, It is clearly specified what documents you have to submit Original and what Photocopies.
Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by: the original English or French translation; and an original affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and a notarized photocopy of the document that was not in English or French as per the Instruction guide. However, as per the document check list, If your documents are not in English or French, you can send a notarized photocopy of the English or French translation with a photocopy of the document that was not in English or French.

5. Choose your appropriate Visa office in Generic form. Remember CIO, Sydney- Nova scotia is not a Visa office.

6. Don't leave any section/box blank in form. If something is not applicable to you then write "N/A" instead of leaving it blank.

7. Question No. 12 a. on Schedule 3 form: The primary NOC code is that particular NOC code you are eligible in out of the 50 eligible NOC codes. The primary occupation that you will fill in form should preferably be from the "Example Title" as listed in website for a particular eligible NOC code and your job duties must match with the eligible NOC Code. However, if your occupation is not listed in "Example Title" for a particular eligible NOC code but your job duties still matches with your eligible NOC code, you can still try your luck by mentioning that occupation which is not listed in "Example Title" as your primary occupation.

Your job experience letter must show the same occupation (job designation) you are filling in primary occupation of Question 12.a. For example, if you are applying in NOC Code 2132 ( Mechanical Engineer) but your job designation is "Thermal design Engineer" then you should fill primary occupation as "Thermal design Engineer" in Question 12.a. and provide work experience letter showing "Thermal design Engineer" as your job designation with job duties matching with NOC Code 2132.

The primary occupation you are filling in Question 12 a. must also be listed in Question 12 b. as one of your occupations.
12.a. Thermal design Engineer : NOC Code 2132
12.b. Thermal design Engineer : NOC Code 2132

8. Additional Family Information form: In section A of the form, Applicant is mentioned, not Principal Applicant.
Fill two seperate forms for Principal Applicant and spouse. In the first form, Principal Applicant is the Applicant and provide all subsequent details asked in form. In the second form, Spouse is the Applicant and provide all subsequent details asked in form. You have to fill one form only for one Applicant in English, write All names in native language as well in the same form.

9. Get ready with IELTS (for you and your spouse), WES, PCC (PCC can be submitted at later stage also), Proof of funds ( 6 months bank statement, balance certificate) and all other docs mentioned in Document check list.

10. Job experience letter must also cover job duties matching with your NOC (but duties should not be exact copy & paste from website), your designation, salary, period of employment, working hours etc and should be on the company letter head duly signed by the competent authority with company seal. Also include Appointment letter / Employment contract, Visiting card of the signing authority, Salary pay slips if available.

11.. You can use bank draft (6 months validity) or credit card but if going for a credit card option, fill the details of credit card correctly on the Fee payment form and don't forget to sign it. You must inform your bank of the upcoming transaction so that your cc payment doesn't get blocked for whatever reason.

12. Before handing over your application to courier, check again if you have included all the updated application forms, photographs and supporting documents as per the document check list.

Wish you the best in your application :)
This is a good write up, but I do not agree with 12(a). Occupation and job designation are differenent.. Ocuupation will be computer programmer or computer architect or civil engineer and not designation given in your company...

makeev

Oct 12, 2013
Thanks all,

I actually did some research and spoke to few people who work as professional Immigration Agencies. According to them, it states in CIC FSW release that Applications Received On or After 1st May will be accommodated, hence they said to send out application as criteria and application forms are posted. If you check the IMM008 Generic Application form was updated on March 3rd, 2014.

Regards

shakti123

Apr 25, 2014
makeev said:
Dear Members,

Good luck, better u should have waited. There are 1000 and not 500. A small error or change in form can push back the application.
Any way's ur's might be the first application to be picked up.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
makeev said:
Thanks all,

I actually did some research and spoke to few people who work as professional Immigration Agencies. According to them, it states in CIC FSW release that Applications Received On or After 1st May will be accommodated, hence they said to send out application as criteria and application forms are posted. If you check the IMM008 Generic Application form was updated on March 3rd, 2014.

Regards
There is 90% assurance that nothing will change......applicants are just been careful not to be caught of guard.
It's a great risk by you......but no risk......no REWARD.
May you be rewarded!

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Goku said:
Do we need ECA report for Education in Canada ?? I know its a silly question.
Your question isn't silly.
There is likelihood that it will be needed.
Just confirm from your intended school of choice to be sure of what they need on ECA evaluation.

sanv

Apr 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
sanv said:
Hi all,

Help needed to assess points for education:

I am a CMA (cost and management accountant) and my noc is 0111 financial managers. I applied to WES for assessment of my CMA degree which is done after bachelors; I did not send them my bachelor's dox. They sent me the following evaluation:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMERY
2 years of professional study

I contacted them and told them that I think it is unfair as in my country it is equal to masters, they told me to send my bachelors dox and I ve sent them now but my ECAS still shows dox awaited.

Now I have this evaluation report with me my question is

Do I wait for my re-evaluation to arrive or send my application with the old report. If I do then what would my points ?

Education Maximum 25 points
University degree at the Doctoral (PhD) level or equalNote de bas de page1
25 points
University degree at the Master's level or equalNote de bas de page1 OR University level entry-to-practice professional degree (or equalNote de bas de page1). Occupation related to the degree must be:
• NOC 2011 Skill Level A, and
• licensed by a provincial regulatory body.
Note: Degree program must be in one of these fields of study: Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Podiatry, Optometry, Law, Chiropractic Medicine, or Pharmacy. 23 points
Two or more Canadian post-secondary degrees or diplomas or equalNote de bas de page1 (at least one must be for a program of at least three years) 22 points
Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma for a program of three years or longer, or equalNote de bas de page1
21 points
Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma for a two-year program, or equalNote de bas de page1
19 points
Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma for a one-year program, or equalNote de bas de page1
15 points
Canadian high school diploma, or equalNote de bas de page1
5 points

I am so confused plz help me.

plz advise!

Indijoe

Apr 27, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Med's Done....
10-20-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2015
LANDED..........
as god's grace. planning by Oct.
Dear friends,

wanted to confirm with you the address on envelope to CIO.

For e.g. If I want to apply under 2173 and have identified my roles in application as 2174.

1. Then is the below layout fine.
2. What Should I mention in 3rd line
"NOC Category: 2173" or just
"NOC Category"

Pls excuse if this sounds silly. :-[

--------------------------------------

(my name)
(my Address)
(my Postal Code)

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
NOC Category: 2173 <---------------------- I think this is the code one wants to apply
Primary NOC 2011 Code: 2174 <---------------------- this is the code one identified in his appl (on job roles etc)
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS (Nova Scotia)
B1P 5Z2
Canada

Indijoe

Apr 27, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Med's Done....
10-20-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2015
LANDED..........
as god's grace. planning by Oct.
makeev said:
Thanks all,

Regards
Dear friend, I wish you get lucky ! If you check the document checklist last year, its updated May 2013 !!
So others are advising just as cautionary to not rush, as there is enough room this time for all of us to get in..for sure :)

nelkyl

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Indijoe said:
Dear friends,

wanted to confirm with you the address on envelope to CIO.

For e.g. If I want to apply under 2173 and have identified my roles in application as 2174.

1. Then is the below layout fine.
"NOC Category: 2173" or just
"NOC Category"

Pls excuse if this sounds silly. :-[

--------------------------------------

(my name)
(my Address)
(my Postal Code)

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
NOC Category: 2173 <---------------------- I think this is the code one wants to apply
Primary NOC 2011 Code: 2174 <---------------------- this is the code one identified in his appl (on job roles etc)
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS (Nova Scotia)
B1P 5Z2
Canada
About All other applicants:
"NOC Category: 2173 (or other noc number)" or just
"NOC Category"

Status
Not open for further replies.