+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ankit1987 said:
Okay. And do u think they can waive X- ray requirement?

And also Is there a possibility to receive PR before delivery?
No the x-ray requirement will not be waived.

Nobody can say whether you'll receive your visa before delivery. Be sure that you inform your local VO, because once you receive your visa your application is closed and you may not be able to get a visa for the baby. Always keep the VO updated so you will know what you need to do. Congratulations on the baby.

grooby

Aug 19, 2014
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 July 2014
Doc's Request.
Awaiting
Nomination.....
04 November 2014(CC Charge)
AOR Received.
11-12-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-11-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
19-02-15
Interview........
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon !!
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Eagerly Awaiting
xceptional88 said:
I am July 17 Applicant.

Despite CIC email that they could not find a application with them in my name and date of birth.

I have just seen a drop in my account balance which is slightly more than the CIC fees so I hope it is charged by CIC.... never been more happy on reducing my account balance :)

Yayy!!

Congrats and +1 to your for the same ... !!!

Cheers to dropping account balance :) I know this one makes everyone happy ...

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goku said:
No you cannot Waive X-ray requirement.

If you undergo X-ray(which I wouldn't recommend as rays can harm unborn young/fetus), then you might be able to succeed. But again even if you are able to get Visa, it is not recommended to travel through plane after 6th or 7th month of pregnancy as a matter of fact even you want too most airlines don't allow travel after 6th or 7th month of pregnancy.

Another thing is if child is born after you getting Visa and if you haven't landed then you will have to surrender Visa/COPR. Now this can result in delays or starting over again from scratch.

Make a wise choice.
+1 (karmafied)

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PR App 2014-06-23 & Citizenship App Filed in Aug 2022
CanOl said:
Hi !!

Under FSW, you cannot work in Quebec, though you can visit as tourists.

The province of Quebec is responsible for selecting its own skilled workers. If you plan on living in Quebec, see Quebec-selected skilled workers for more information.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/quebec/index.asp
I think this is incorrect. FSWP, as the name suggests, is a FEDERAL program which means, PR holder under FSWP can live, work and travel anywhere within Canada. But FSWP has a fairly strict quota of number of applications they approve per year. However, this isn't sufficient for most of the provinces. They still have shortage of people in certain occupations. So each province has it's own Provincial Nominee Program, under which each province can fulfill positions in demand by nominating foreign workers. However, in case of Provincial Nominee Program, immigrants can only work in province they are nominated for otherwise the benefit is of the program for Canada and the respective province is voided.

grooby

Aug 19, 2014
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 July 2014
Doc's Request.
Awaiting
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11-12-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-11-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
19-02-15
Interview........
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon !!
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Eagerly Awaiting
Sternchen30890 said:
Hello what is the latest reported charge date? Thank you!

17th July Sternchen ....
Your and my turn could come anytime .... !! but I'm expecting most probably tomorrow...

raven111

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Lebanon
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/07/2014
Jaxon911 said:
I think this is incorrect. FSWP, as the name suggests, is a FEDERAL program which means, PR holder under FSWP can live, work and travel anywhere within Canada. But FSWP has a fairly strict quota of number of applications they approve per year. However, this isn't sufficient for most of the provinces. They still have shortage of people in certain occupations. So each province has it's own Provincial Nominee Program, under which each province can fulfill positions in demand by nominating foreign workers. However, in case of Provincial Nominee Program, immigrants can only work in province they are nominated for otherwise the benefit is of the program for Canada and the respective province is voided.
100%

Orangel123

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Venezuela
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014 - Returned 06-02-2015
CanOl said:
Hi !!

Under FSW, you cannot work in Quebec, though you can visit as tourists.

The province of Quebec is responsible for selecting its own skilled workers. If you plan on living in Quebec, see Quebec-selected skilled workers for more information.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/quebec/index.asp
I believe that's not entirely true. I have asked this multiple times to my Quebec-based immigration lawyer and he has always said that under FSW or QSW you get permanent residence in all of Canada. Main difference is, if you apply as QSW you indicate that you want to establish yourself in Quebec. If you end up establishing somewhere else besides Quebec, you can do it, but that would mean that you were not honest in your application and that could be an issue if you later intend to obtain citizenship. I suppose same thing goes the other way.

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PR App 2014-06-23 & Citizenship App Filed in Aug 2022
CanOl said:

Medicals can be done from anywhere in the world through panel physicians.
Ok and how are the results of Medicals are forwarded to Canada? Would a Designated Medical Practitioner in Mumbai send results of Medical Tests to London Visa Office?

Thanks
J.

Raisa Nazrana

Aug 29, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 July 2014
Nomination.....
06 Nov 2014(PER)
AOR Received.
18 Dec 2014
File Transfer...
21 Nov 2014
Med's Request
17 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
05 January 2016
Passport Req..
29 January 2016
VISA ISSUED...
05 February 2016
LANDED..........
June/July
zaydoov said:
Guys i have very good news for you all, after sometime of having the hesitation about the CAP updates and how it is being estimated and either for completeness check or CC charge or PER. i decided earlier last month to send an email to CIC asking about that specifically. here below the reply i got today

Dear Sir/Madam:

The website provides an estimate only of the applications included in the cap.

Until the application is checked for completeness, it cannot be confirmed as being received. Once it has been determined that the submission is complete, it is counted in the cap and the information is updated electronically. Due to high volumes of submissions, there is a lag between confirmation of receipt of a complete application and the electronic update of the cap count.

CB
Client Service Unit
CPC - Sydney | CTD - Sydney
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
196 George Street Sydney Nova Scotia B1P 1J3 | 196 rue George Sydney Nouvelle-Écosse B1P 1J3
Telephone | Téléphone 1-888-242-2100
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

YES Correct,

I have mentioned about this the day i saw CIC cap had jumped by 749 applications. That time i informed about my analysis and told that caps are getting updated based on completeness check and that means the completed applications will go through(CC/DD Charge, PER). Thanks for emailing about this subject and also thanks for sharing. +1 for you.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
welcomefriend said:
Thanks for the response...

We do not have our son's passport. I can not apply under tatkal scheme as i may not have the required documents for tatkal passport...

Can i do the following?

First - I can include my wife's passport details in IM0008 but mention my son and my wife as non-accompanying. Will that impact my application. if yes, then why would they have that as an option in the application.

Second - In addition to First, I can include my son in my application without his passport. He may have his passport in few months from now. Will that hamper my application's chances or impact the validity?

Guidance on this please will be helpful.

Senior members - Please reply. Sincerely appreciate the help.
Nobody can immigrate to Canada without a passport. Whatever you need to do to get a passport for everyone in your family, do it now.

You could list your wife and son as non-accompanying, but you have to explain why. "They don't have passports" is a ridiculous reason, especially as you fully intend for them to accompany you. Changing their status to accompanying later will cause delays in processing your application. It won't cause a rejection but why do you want to make your life more complicated? You want everything as smooth as possible with CIC.

You could put all family members on your application, leave off your son's passport number and include a note informing CIC that you are in the process of applying for a passport for your son. But meanwhile you should actually be applying for a passport for him, and you should have it ready to inform your local VO of the passport information when you reach the local VO stage. That will be months from now, so there is no excuse for not having a passport by that time.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goku said:
I would say wait for MR, then inform Doctor at the time of undergoing Medical Test.
Why do you suggest this. Then the medical will be partially completed and the x-ray delayed until later.

Wouldn't it be better to delay the medical, as they will need to wait for the birth to add their child to their application anyway?

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanOl said:
BIG NO !!
Well not really.... you can't land in Quebec and you're supposed to apply for QSW not FSW if you intend to live in Quebec. But once you are landed and you have a PR card you have absolute freedom of movement within Canada, you can go to Quebec or Nunavut or the swamps of Northern Labrador if you want.

CanOl

VIP Member
Aug 9, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014 (As per me) ; 20/10/2014 (As per CIC)
Doc's Request.
[b]DD Encashed[/b] : 23/12/2014
Nomination.....
[b]PER[/b] : 20/01/2015
AOR Received.
09/02/2015 (Warsaw)
File Transfer...
[b]2nd Line update[/b] : 13/04/2015
Med's Request
15/04/2015
Med's Done....
[b]Upfront Meds[/b] : 31/03/2015
Passport Req..
23/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
[img width=145 height=100]http://www.fullboon.com/information/024.gif[/img]
LANDED..........
15/09/2015
Jaxon911 said:
Jaxon,

Agreed that no one can stop you from working in Quebec, but it is greatly discouraged. Why else is landing in Quebec not allowed ?

Also OHIP or any other province health insurance programmes make a requirement that you stay in Ontario for 153 days out of your first 183 days in the province to get your OHIP or any other province health insurance programmes benefit. If you move away before this (6 months), you do not qualify to get OHIP any more and in Quebec, you will have a new 3/6 month waiting period to get health care. No one would want that. Why get into complications ? There is a separate programme fr quebec and FSW does not include Quebec, thats well known.

Though technically one can work in Quebec, it will lead to lots of problems for the immigrant.

grooby

Aug 19, 2014
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 July 2014
Doc's Request.
Awaiting
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11-12-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-11-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
19-02-15
Interview........
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon !!
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Eagerly Awaiting
CanOl said:
Congrats and +1 to you !!

lol ... its funny u replied in the same font size ... !!!

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kbCanada said:
Hi Friends,

Feeling delightful to inform you all that I received MR and RPRF request today. Spreadsheet updated.. :)

DD encashed date: 17 Sept, 2014
PR Date: 24 Sept, 2014
MR, RPRF date: 3rd Nov, 2014

Although, I sent application to NDVO to add my kid in application which they received on last Friday only, but I have not got MR for my kid. So will be making CSE with NDVO before going for medicals.

Big thanks to you all for your wonderful help and support... :) :D :)
congrats

Status
Not open for further replies.