+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSharawat21

Apr 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-May-2014
Doc's Request.
14-May-2014
Nomination.....
27-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-Nov-2014
Med's Done....
15-Dec-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-March-2015
Get some good read about Background checks :

Regarding Background Checks: Clearances

Overall, generally, most applicants are not likely to encounter any more than minimal delays due to background clearances. Some will, most will not.

There are three formal clearances (background checks) required for grant citizenship applicants.

These are: GCMS; RCMP; and CSIS

They are essentially, respectively:

GCMS: immigration (confirmation of status and admissibility)

RCMP: criminal background, which can be more robust than just the name-record criminal history check, which probably means it can involve queries beyond arrest and disposition records, such as into whether any law enforcement body is conducting an investigation or the individual is a suspect or has known connections to those known to be involved in criminality (the name-record criminal history check is done periodically throughout the process, and is similar to one often conducted during any secondary examination at a POE, and it is mostly a query run against an arrest and dispositions database based on individual's name and date-of-birth)

CSIS: security background (while obviously the scope of this is not public information, it is readily recognized that it at least involves queries into intelligence sourced databases, and other government security databases, which might reveal activity or ties related to organized crime, terrorist organizations, suspect military history)

These clearances are all requested by CPC-Sydney upon the application being placed "in process." The RCMP and CSIS requests are done by referral to, obviously, the RCMP and CSIS. (Thus, the RCMP and CSIS clearances are not done by CIC, but by referral to the respective government body.)

Previously, for sure, and probably still the case, the fact that clearances are outstanding does not preclude the application moving to the next step in the process until the test/interview step. It appears clear, though, that any outstanding clearance will delay scheduling the test/interview; note that other participants have recently reported receiving letters specifically indicating their scheduling for the test/interview "may be delayed if security, criminal and immigration background checks are not complete."

In this regard, however, there may be a difference between whether the original clearance, in response to the referral from CPC-Sydney, is complete, in contrast to an expired clearance which is in need of an update.

For sure, clearances will be need to be current, and thus those expired need to be updated, before the oath will be scheduled.

Updating Clearances

Where the required clearances have been obtained, and are part of the file, the process for updating expired clearances should not involve much of a delay to further processing unless there has been something which triggers a more extensive check since the original one. The referrals for updated clearances are done in batches, up to one hundred applicants in a single referral, and the process appears to be largely perfunctory.

The problem for some applicants, as alluded to by EasyRider, is that it is very difficult to ascertain whether the original CSIS (security) clearance has been obtained. When CIC refers to possible delays if "clearances . . . are not complete" they do not distinguish between an original clearance still being outstanding (not obtained) versus the need to update one that has expired.

Most applicants have little reason to anticipate the background checks will cause much of a delay, at least not those whose cases are approaching a year old or older. Even if the clearances are expired, again the updating process appears to be (for most, not all) somewhat perfunctory, particularly if nothing has changed (no problematic POE encounters, no criminal investigation or charges, no travel to areas of the world tending to raise security issues). Applicants are aware what has been happening in their life and thus most should easily discern if there is much of a chance that an admissibility, criminal, or security concern might be lurking when the respective agency does the background update. (Applicants who have recently traveled to Yemen, for example, might anticipate there could be some delay in updating their CSIS clearance; the applicant who has a former roommate or business associate who has ended up on a no-fly list, anticipate a delay; and so on.)

Some applicants will suffer delays related to the RCMP or CSIS background checks. And, again, it is difficult to know if the original CSIS clearance has been completed or not, and it appears that for some this can be outstanding for quite some time, as in years. This is an area that CIC is most secretive about and CSIS is even more secretive, but my sense is that the delays, if there is one (again, this only affects some applicants, probably not a large number), are often related to CSIS making a referral to an overseas office for further inquiry, and the delays derived from that . . . whether a referral to a non-Canadian government body is involved, and thus there is no control on compelling a timely response, is not clear but seems to be a likely suspect.

The main take-away, though, is that for the large majority of applicants, particularly those for whom there was no delay involved in obtaining the security clearance in their original PR application process, by the time they are a year into the process all the clearances should be initially complete, so only an update of expired clearances would need to be made before proceeding to the test or oath, and those are routinely done in batch-processing, so usually (which is not always) this is not something which delays things much at all. (Although, I suppose by the time a year and a half has slipped into the past, another two months or so may seem like a significant delay.)

dadabigboy

Feb 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
1212 CC CHARGE DATE 11-11-2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FSWP1 30/07/2014
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
PER 21-11-2014
IELTS Request
09-03-2013
Med's Request
28/05/2015
Med's Done....
03/06/2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi @grooby i didnt apply for fsw 2013, what i applied for was quebec skilled worker in 2013 and QSW does not have the UCI system, rather they have what they call reference individuelle and i dont think before the federal stage in quebec program anyone gets a UCI. so like the lady told me, my UCI was created on 14th October. i still dont know what this means, am keeping my fingers crossed, praying and hoping my american express credit card gets charged in a few days or weeks.

grooby said:

Thanks for the information bro.... it seels you applied for FSW 2013 as well.... possible that your UCI was generated with that application ???

dharsmit

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
Doc's Request.
submitted
Nomination.....
21-08-14 PER
AOR Received.
09-10-2015,processing started
IELTS Request
Along with Application.
File Transfer...
24-04-2015,telephone verification
Med's Request
5-5-2015
Med's Done....
11-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2015
LANDED..........
Oct 2015
Manoj Verma said:
Dear Forum members,
I am 13th May Applicant (from NDVO, NOC 2133) got MR, PCC, RPRF request just five days ago for me, my wife & and our two year kid. I am going to send my all docs to NDVO soon. Actually When I applied last time for FSW-2013, due to cap reached, my file was returned. So I went for Australia PR in FEB-2014 and by grace of GOD, I got visa grant for AUS in this OCT-2014. Now confusion/dilemma is as follow:
1) Now what should be done in this case? Should I go to AUS first to validate/stamp my AUS PR/visa after sending my MR, PCC, RPRF to NDVO? In this case I can wait for passport request from Canada and I can stay about 2 months to stamp my AUS PR visa and then come back to India and send my passport to NDVO when passport request generated from NDVO.
2) How much time generally NDVO take to send us passport request after MR done? And how much time generally NDVO provide to send passport to NDVO? Is just like 45 days like we send MR,PCC?
3) Generally when NDVO return our Canada stamped passport to us? Within a month or 2-3 months?
4) OR, in a second case, should i wait for passport request from NDVO and then after stamping Canada PR , i fly to AUS to validate/stamp my AUS visa!! Is it possible? I mean can anyone continue with two PRs simultaneously for a just 3-4 months? I don't want to continue both PRs simultaneously and just want to check my better job prospects in both countries after visiting them personally.
5) Will my stamped Canada PR affect me to enter in AUS?
6) Or my stamped AUS PR will affect my FSW application when i will send my passport to NDVO?
7) If i enter once in AUS for 2 months and then wish to come India to continue my Canada application, is it possible and legal? Shall i need to take resident return visa from AUS if i want t fly back to AUS in future?
8) Is there any immigration rule that one has to surrender any one PR if gets two, especially in case Canada & Australia? I want to surrender any one of them but not now as i want to check my job opportunities in both countries and the after 4-6 months after visiting both countries, i will surely surrender one visa since it would not be practical at all moving back & forth!!

I am actually doing my PR procedures for both countries on my own without any consultant ,so i am having all above queries and i would be deeply thankful if anybody can shed some light whatever information you people have.

Manoj.
Congratulations Dear Manoj Verma on your MR. Well i won't be able to answer your any querry posted as i don't have any prrior info for same. But i do have a querry regarding your MR, just want to know if your second line was updated before MR and if yes, when?. Your answer will be of great help to a group whose second line is updated and waiting for MR. I would also request you to enlist on SS.

sawtantar

Sep 20, 2014
Hoshiarpur, Punjab, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 August 2014
Nomination.....
27-11-2014
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
22 Jan 2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
sriramkb said:
suukan81. You are right, +1 for this information.
Dear in india All bank work under RBI

NARESHB14

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-14
Doc's Request.
CC Charged: 23 dec
Nomination.....
PER: 02-19-2015
AOR Received.
03 -16-2015 from Warsaw VO
IELTS Request
sent with file
File Transfer...
Second line update on 15 April
Med's Request
05-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-05-2015 & 02-06-2015, TLU 05-06-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM 10 Aug 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Eagerly waiting
sawtantar said:
CIC just en-query about major funds like FD RD in lakh they don't bother about small amount like 30,000 and 50,000.Dear up to my knowledge one of my friend moved to canada last year.during submission of documents he arrange funds and deposit in his bank account and get bank statement after receiving bank statement,complete file sent to CIC. After this he was withdraw all money.After receiving PER again deposit amount in his account and withdraw after landing in canada. But my suggestion to you is you can show FD because bank will give you more interest on FD and you will get back your immigration fees.
thanks for your information. :)

jdn

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2014
Passport Req..
23-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2014
LANDED..........
01-07-2015
Dear All ,

Please help ,

With reference to Passport submission , they are asking for a return airway bill from Aramax , specifying the return address.

Should we take this before going to Embassy for submission or inside Embassy they will provide this facility for making self addressed envelop from Aramax

Seniors who have submitted Passports pls share your suggestions . I need to Passport in Abu-Dhabi embassy .

Regards,
Jdn

sawtantar

Sep 20, 2014
Hoshiarpur, Punjab, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 August 2014
Nomination.....
27-11-2014
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
22 Jan 2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
nav2014 said:
Hi
PCC is valid for 3 months only... u cannot consider that it has 1 year validity.
PCC is valid for 6 months not 3 months

sriramkb

Apr 6, 2014
Toronto,Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC, Missisagua
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 12-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with File
Med's Request
03-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
12-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-07-2015
sawtantar said:
Dear in india All bank work under RBI
They don't work under RBI. They are regulated by RBI. Just like all publicly traded companies are regulated by SEBI. RBI governs these banks and audits their financials. RBI does not have or will access the data/bank records of individuals. They can demand from the bank if they want to but in general they don't.

There is nothing to worry about it. If CIC wants to verify, they will ask for a new Balance Certificate or a Bank Statement. So, no worries here.

FaithNHope

Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
Doc's Request.
24-09-2014
Nomination.....
07-10-2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
L-8.5, S-8.5, R-8, W-8
Med's Request
09-12-14
Med's Done....
18-12-14 ECAS update : 31-12-14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-15
VISA ISSUED...
01-02-2015
LANDED..........
[url=http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php][img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-angelic001.gif[/img][/url]
immig_IT_guy said:
Honest opinion, don't go with Agents... they take a lot of money and just get the information from the CIC website as we do... No Magic here
As always only copies are required for all the documents...except for IETLS and Credential assessment
There is not much you can do at this point.... Unless if you get your application number and if you already did... try asking the local VO if you can get the originals back
And BTW what original documents have you submitted?
Unfortunately my realization came in a little too late that my agent was an utter waste. The original documents I was referring to was in response to a post from another forumite. Like him, I have also submitted original reference letters.

FaithNHope

Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
Doc's Request.
24-09-2014
Nomination.....
07-10-2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
L-8.5, S-8.5, R-8, W-8
Med's Request
09-12-14
Med's Done....
18-12-14 ECAS update : 31-12-14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-15
VISA ISSUED...
01-02-2015
LANDED..........
[url=http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php][img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-angelic001.gif[/img][/url]
Optimist3 said:
If you send originals, i dont think they will ask for them again.
Thanks Optimist. That's a respite.

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013
Ensuring Long-Term Prosperity and Economic Growth

Government tables annual immigration plan

October 31, 2014 — Ottawa — Canada's Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander announced that the Government of Canada's annual immigration plan tabled today features this year the highest planned level of admissions in recent history. The Government of Canada is planning to welcome between 260,000 and 285,000 new permanent residents in 2015, an increase of approximately 19,000 planned admissions over last year.

These higher levels respond to the government's strategy of supporting economic growth by addressing labour and skills shortages, as well as helping to ensure labour force growth. The economic category will account for the largest segment of the 2015 levels plan, at almost 65 percent of overall admissions. The remaining 35 percent will consist of family class immigrants, refugees and others admitted under humanitarian programs.

Infographic described below

Text version: Government tables annual immigration plan

Estimated immigration increases for 2015: 64.9 per cent for economic immigrants (181,300), 24.4 per cent for family class (68,000), and 10.7 per cent for humanitarian and compassionate cases (29,800).

The increase of admissions for 2015 also demonstrates the government's commitment to reducing wait times and continuing to make progress on the last of the large economic immigration program backlogs.

Increasing admission levels will also help with the launch of Canada's new application management system, Express Entry, on January 1, 2015. The 2015 levels plan allows admissions space to process existing applications as well as new applications that will be received for key economic programs under Express Entry. The new system will enable Canada's immigration system to be more flexible and responsive to the needs of employers, as well as to changing economic conditions and priorities.

Quick facts
•Every year the Government of Canada, in consultation with the provinces and territories, sets the total number of permanent residents that are expected to be admitted to Canada the following year.
•The levels plan reflects the objectives of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and balances priorities by allocating admissions space to the economic, family and protected persons/humanitarian classes, as well as to the programs comprising these classes.
•The 2015 plan features the highest planned level of admissions in recent Canadian history.
•Record admissions are forecasted for the Canadian Experience Class in 2015.

“The Government of Canada is proud to table our immigration plan for 2015, which strengthens our government's focus on long-term economic growth for all Canadians. Through the 2015 immigration plan we will welcome a record number of individuals who will contribute to our economy and labour market, while also ensuring that we reunite more families and continue to provide assistance to the world's most vulnerable populations. As we prepare to launch Express Entry in January 2015, this plan will help us attract skilled immigrants who are most likely to succeed.”

Chris Alexander, Canada’s Citizenship and Immigration Minister

shakti123

Apr 25, 2014
avadutala said:
Hi

What is the best way to pay RPRF fee. NDVO has provided an online payment method which looks easy.

Did anyone got passport request from NDVO after paying the Fee by DD?
Either way it's good. You can pay in your convenient way.

CanOl

VIP Member
Aug 9, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014 (As per me) ; 20/10/2014 (As per CIC)
Doc's Request.
[b]DD Encashed[/b] : 23/12/2014
Nomination.....
[b]PER[/b] : 20/01/2015
AOR Received.
09/02/2015 (Warsaw)
File Transfer...
[b]2nd Line update[/b] : 13/04/2015
Med's Request
15/04/2015
Med's Done....
[b]Upfront Meds[/b] : 31/03/2015
Passport Req..
23/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
[img width=145 height=100]http://www.fullboon.com/information/024.gif[/img]
LANDED..........
15/09/2015
NewIndia123 said:
Very true,

But look at the pattern. DD encashment pending since a long time (last: July 8th) and CC charging going on at a rapid pace (July 15, probably, beyond that, I think someone posted July 28 also). Test of patience for DD applicants ::)
true. DD encashment is slower as compared to cc charge. But i don't mind a delay of a weeks time as against cc payment being declined due to chip based new cards being issued or any other reason.

shintaenam

Nov 2, 2014
Hi, this is my first post here, although I had been following it through for a long time.

Does anyone know if hypertension is a cause of application rejection? My blood pressure is kind of on the border line: ~ 135-145 / 85-100 range.

Motaz Negmeldin

Star Member
Jan 13, 2014
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Nomination.....
30-12-2014 PER
File Transfer...
19-1-2015
Med's Request
25-2-2015
Med's Done....
10-3-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2-5-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2015
any news about cap change????? ??? ??? ??? ???

CanOl

VIP Member
Aug 9, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014 (As per me) ; 20/10/2014 (As per CIC)
Doc's Request.
[b]DD Encashed[/b] : 23/12/2014
Nomination.....
[b]PER[/b] : 20/01/2015
AOR Received.
09/02/2015 (Warsaw)
File Transfer...
[b]2nd Line update[/b] : 13/04/2015
Med's Request
15/04/2015
Med's Done....
[b]Upfront Meds[/b] : 31/03/2015
Passport Req..
23/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
[img width=145 height=100]http://www.fullboon.com/information/024.gif[/img]
LANDED..........
15/09/2015
sawtantar said:
PCC is valid for 6 months not 3 months
In fact, PCC validity is 1 year, unless specifically mentioned otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.