+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

randev

May 5, 2014
strangersr said:
i think they call in for an interview only people who seem "suspicious", or they want to double check their references, their english knowledge etc. i know at least 6-7 families from my country who left through this program in past several years, and no one was called in for an interview. however, i , myself, have been traveling in the past fairly frequently, and have been always called in for an interview for tourist and business visa. so, there are no rules! i guess it depends of the mood of an imm officer
Thanks for shedding light on this for me.

cksmg

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2014
Nomination.....
PER September 15, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
October 14, 2014
Med's Done....
November 4, 2014
Is it ok to submit a passport that would be exipred on november 2014? My spouse's passport renewed but unfortunately there was a delay in processing. I already have a UCI number. Is it ok if i send a new passport separately? Thanks

Smarty88

Apr 12, 2014
Hi Guys,

i am also applying under FSW 2014, there is one confusion, do we need to submit the Original IELTS Certificate and PCC or the Notary tested Copy of it. Seniors please help me or provide me any link so that i can check details.

lut4rahman

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Achiever 99 said:
Worlds Largest Democracy Has MODIfication now..... ;D ;D

Achhe Din Aane Wale Hai.... ;D ;D

is it a political forum? :eek:

randev

May 5, 2014
Smarty88 said:
Hi Guys,

i am also applying under FSW 2014, there is one confusion, do we need to submit the Original IELTS Certificate and PCC or the Notary tested Copy of it. Seniors please help me or provide me any link so that i can check details.
IELTS has to be original.

debbiejosh

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/05/2014
Nomination.....
09/09/2014
Med's Request
02/03/2015
Med's Done....
05/03/2015
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
CPR2012 said:
Hi does anyone applied through Fedex from India.

Something strange....

-> 5/16/2014 - Friday 4:35 am In transit MISSISSAUGA, ON
-> 5/15/2014 - Thursday 10:52 pm In transit MIRABEL, PQ

It went to Mirabel PQ which is 1500 miles from NS on Thursday and now today it went back to Mississauga, ON, which is 2000 miles from NS. Did anyone face this scenario?
it's not strange. ..I guess that's the route...I applied from Nigeria and guess our documents are in the same truck...it got to DIEPPE NB today at 7.52am

strangersr

Jul 11, 2013
Uzice
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/14/2014
Doc's Request.
Received by CIO: Nov. 24th 2014.
Nomination.....
CC charged Jan. 18th 2015.
AOR Received.
PER: Feb 13th
IELTS Request
Included/ Ecas got live on Jan 30th
File Transfer...
AOR: March 6th 2015.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
solomonwise said:
Most embassies do but not the Canadian Embassies.

Interview (especially in FSWP) is just for clarification and verification where need be that is why the emphasis is on sending the right application forms and documents.

FYI,Canadian embassies worldwide hardly conduct interview except in exceptional cases.
i need to disagree with your statement. i have several canadian tourist visas in my passport, and have been at the interview for each and one of those. but, i don't see myself as an exceptional case.. well, maybe i am! 8)

Faithful100

May 2, 2014
sweetypie2501 said:
Hi Faithful100,

SMALL CORRECTION

please look out for the underlined "Country of Nationality" below under your husband's details

I am sorry to say that this is very weird. Without legal status, How can he run his own business in the country other than his nationality? Anyways, I don't want probe this further and I make an assumption that your husband on some 'X' visa in SouthAfrica. That present 'X' visa is issued on some "XXXX" date and expiring on some XXX-XX-XX" date and Since he is doing this own bussiness, I presume, he is not on the payrolls of any company as such, Which makes your husband is not working in Southafrica (Ofcourse your husband work-ex does not matter as you are the principal applicant.

Also, i am assuming your husband is in south-africa for more than a year.

So, This is what you need to do for husband's details when filling up the form.

On the IMM008 Forms, where you need to declare your husband's(dependent) "country of residence" details Start Date and End Date:
Fill Start Date as the date of the Work Permit/Bussiness Permit that had gotten when he entered South-Africa for the first time.
Fill End date as the date of the expiry of current legal status(that he is currently on Visa 'X' assumption above.
In the type of visa in the drop down, you need to mention "Other" Do i need to put in some explanation next to when i select other? When you select Other, you need to explain the reason.

OK, now the National Identification Field. In your case, Your husband has to provide the Identification from his country of NATIONALITY, like National ID, SSN, SIN, Driving license etc..In this field DO NOT put your husband's current Visa "X" details.

Expiry date of National Identification Field: Keep the expiry date of National ID/ SSN/ SIN/ Driving license that you selected. In this field DO NOT mentioned about south africa visa(either expired Bussiness Visa or the current Visa 'X')

---------------------------

So, This is what you need to do for yourself when filling up the form.

On the IMM008 Forms, under principle applicant "country of residence" details Start Date and End Date:
Fill Start Date as the date of the Work Permit/Business Permit that had gotten when YOU entered South-Africa for the first time.
Fill End date as the date of the expiry of current legal status(that is your current work permit start/end dates).
In the type of visa in the drop down, you need to mention "Work Permit"

OK, now the National Identification Field - You safely give your current south Africa work permit start date and end date.

Good to hear that you have IELTS and WES is on the way.

Now, You can choose southafrica VO as LVO(local visa office-not sure which city in southafrica has VO may be JoBurg) for processing since you were in southafrica legally for more than 1 year/your existing work permit is valid for 1 year. Even then, If you have worked in other country other than southafrica, like your country of residence or any other country, then you have to fill those work experience details as well which will fetch you more points. Your husband's work experience is entirely irrelevant, since you are primary applicant. Only his IELTS score counts.
With one-year experince, unless you relatives in canada, I dont think you will hit the cut of 67 points.
Btw, How many points you are getting when do self calculation?
If it less than 67, Then no use.
Let me know, if you require more information.

royston

Apr 27, 2014
Hi Guys,

Could some more people share thoughts or idea on the blow. Any news they have will be helpful

If my wife is applying in NOC for HR - Manager, and includes me in her application, and since I am qualifying in another NOC, can I make a separate application under Electronic Technologist category and include her in it. Will both applications get rejected at a later stage since we are both included in each others applications. I have heard from some people that the application may get rejected at Local VO if they find duplicate applications for visa.

Seniors can you advise...Sorry for being pushy but I need to know if I need to get an ECA done. Else it will be of no use and I also stand a risk of application being rejected

strangersr

Jul 11, 2013
Uzice
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/14/2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
royston said:
Hi Guys,

Could some more people share thoughts or idea on the blow. Any news they have will be helpful

If my wife is applying in NOC for HR - Manager, and includes me in her application, and since I am qualifying in another NOC, can I make a separate application under Electronic Technologist category and include her in it. Will both applications get rejected at a later stage since we are both included in each others applications. I have heard from some people that the application may get rejected at Local VO if they find duplicate applications for visa.

Seniors can you advise...Sorry for being pushy but I need to know if I need to get an ECA done. Else it will be of no use and I also stand a risk of application being rejected
i really have no knowledge on this. but, i read somewhere on this forum, a reply to your post earlier, someone said that they know cases like yours, and both application have been accepted. wait for another opinions.

solomonwise

Jun 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
strangersr said:
i need to disagree with your statement. i have several canadian tourist visas in my passport, and have been at the interview for each and one of those. but, i don't see myself as an exceptional case.. well, maybe i am! 8)
Maybe that's what's obtainable in your country (for reasons best known to the Canadian Embassy in your country) but in most countries,you rarely appear for interview. People here can attest to that

Achiever 99

Sep 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/5/14
royston said:
Hi Guys,

There is no issues. You can go ahead with 2 applications.
Please open the link and look at point no 5.

http://www.cicnews.com/2014/05/10-federal-skilled-worker-program-053412.html

strangersr

Jul 11, 2013
Uzice
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/14/2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
solomonwise said:
Maybe that's what's obtainable in your country (for reasons best known to the Canadian Embassy in your country) but in most countries,you rarely appear for interview. People here can attest to that
i'm not arguing, just posting another experience :) btw, those canadian visas in my passport were obtained in the usa :)

CPR2012

May 22, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
debbiejosh said:
it's not strange. ..I guess that's the route...I applied from Nigeria and guess our documents are in the same truck...it got to DIEPPE NB today at 7.52am
yeah...mine current status "8:20 am At destination sort facility GOFFS, NS"

neel-here

Champion Member
May 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ cool

As you are Not the PA,, you need not submit all of your documents (which is required for PA himself). You have Not mentioned the Purpose for which you have to submit your 10th std mark sheet. If I were you, I would ask if there's any workaround or alternate doc for that id, then use it & just dump the 10th mark sheet... so no room for issues ma..AM !

coolcoral said:
Hello!

I am spouse of the Principal applicant. In my 10th standard marksheets/certificates, my name is written as "XXXXXXXXAM", whereas actual name should be "XXXXXXXX". Extra two letters at the end of the name are added by mistake, though the name does not sound unusal if it is spoken in my native language. All other educational certificates/birth certificates, carry proper name as "XXXXXXXX". Will it anyway, negatively affect the assessment of our application?

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.