+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleTon

Aug 22, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
Nomination.....
10-11-2014 **CC Charged**
AOR Received.
01-12-2014 **PER**
File Transfer...
04-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2015
Thanks for sharing this, +1 :)

Edit: karma pending :(

Gsw said:
just came across this thread , might be helpful

Hi,
I had a completely different experience. Never went through any conventional prescribed methods. Let me introduce myself as an accountant from Kerala having experience only in medium sized enterprises. I have only average communication skills in English. Even my initial application I did not take any help from any agency and did all the submission on my own. I was actually not serious of coming and hence took all the process very lightly. I applied in 2010 June and did not hear any thing from the consulate till 2013 Sept. Actually I had no hope of getting the visa. But to my surprise I received my medicals in Sept 2013 and i left India for Toronto on December 19th.

I had received thousands of advices in India of how to face challenges in Canada. I was asked to change my Resume to a two page resume from the 4 pages I had, was asked to network as much as possible, attend job fairs, take up survival jobs so that my finances do not leak, get license as a security guard etc, have an affordable accommodation etc etc etc.. The list is endless. Too many advises for my liking.

Now i did not come with a huge reservoir of financial reserves with me, but bought the prescribed funds as was required. I had a simple logic, this fund that i bought is for me to live and spend in Canada till I find a job. Now i am having a 5 member family including me and three kids. I came alone in December and planned to bring my wife and kids in April. I took one of the best condo apartments in Mississauga, near square one. Since I did not have a credit history I had to pay 3 months rent as deposit which was to be adjusted for the last 3 months in 2014 and 1 month for December and that itself was 8000$. I had no issues although 8000$ from the 23625 i bought were spent. Then spent more for the furnishing of the apartment. The apartment is great with lots of facilities and worth the money paid. Due to the comforts available i was not at all home sick.

Now i started applying for the jobs with my 4 page resume which people said is not Canadian standards. I had no network or friends here. But one thing I had was GODs grace and blessings. Within the first month i got my first interview and got selected in my profession as a bookkeeper. The job location was far from my home and i had to travel 2 hours to Markham in the winter to reach there. It was a small jewellery company and the boss was an Indian with the typical Indian behavior. He made me work till 9 pm and even called me on Saturdays or Sundays. It was a perm job with monthly salary. January end, got my first paycheck in Canada and tendered my first resignation here. I decided that I will not again work in an Indian running the show. February 2014 I had a great time resting at home and doing nothing. In the night time I sent a few applications. Again by Grace of God, within 23 days of my leaving the first job, I got my second interview. This time also in my profession and one of the best Canadian Companies. I got the job and joined from March 2nd and till date I am working here in Weston Foods Inc. The job is great. The environment is superb. Every one is friendly and I just luv working here now. Every body is appreciative and encouraging. I am working in the branch office in Central Accounting Department at Etobicoke and it is just a 20 minutes drive from my home in traffic.

Let me be very precise in saying that I am just an average accountant(with no professional designations) from a small town in Kerala and yes there are many people I have met here who are professionally qualified and still stuck up in survival jobs. I consider myself to be blessed and very lucky t o be in such a position here today. I practically did not have any struggle. My family came in April. Kids joined school. Every thing is going smooth for the time being.

What I meant to say from my small story is that this Local Canadian experience is all bull*censored word*. Yes you have to be good in interviews. And you should of course know how to convey your messages in plain simple English. For my interview for the post of accounting, I was given many scenarios in which they wanted to know how i would react to that situation. Most of the questions asked were behavioural and few from my discipline. I just performed well. But let me again vouch for the fact that I did not give any heed to those innumerable advises i was given from friends, families and other Indians whom i met here. I just did the basics right. You might have to apply for 100 jobs a week to get a single call. But make that single call count by performing to your maximum ability. Be tension free. Don't jump into survival jobs if you have the required funds to survive in this country for at least a year. Put all your efforts in getting into your profession first. The economy is booming and there are a lot of jobs available. Once you are in the system the next job hunting is very easy. Now a days I receive call from other companies most of the weeks. However I prefer to give my 100% to the company which gave me such a fine break.

Sternchen30890

May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18.07.2014 Charged November 4th PER received November 24th
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ggulati said:
I think charging happens after CIC puts numbers on the website and there is a lag between the two, guess CIC is counting July/August applications at present.

;
what do you mean by counting? Completeness check?

mali2014

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
01-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
Med's Request
01-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-02-2015
LANDED..........
Insha Allah Soon
sundeep_s_ said:
Hey All,

I'm a June 09th applicant, CC charged on Sept 26.

Just received my PER. NOC 2174.

Can someone please update the spreadsheet for me please? I tried, its read only for me, not sure if it's my browser..!

Thank you all.

Congrats :) :) :)

ANANJAY

VIP Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb,15
Nomination.....
(PER)AUG,2014
AOR Received.
Second line updated : Oct,14
Med's Request
5 june,2015
Med's Done....
june,2015(third line update 18 june,15)
Passport Req..
Aug,15
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,15
maverick-14 said:
Guys a quick question on behalf of my friend. He doesn't have the Birth Certificate of his dependent spouse. As an alternate, he has her spouse's Family Registration Certificate (FRC) from father's side, which mentions her

Name in english and local language
D.O.B
Place of Birth
Parents name

Do you think if he use an affidavit and give reference of that attested FRC, they would accept it?
Do.submit sec school certificate if it has
Name
Parents name
Dob
And/or affidavit as a proof of birth from parents side

aha2174

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NO PASSPORT REQUEST FOR NDVO GUYS YET..... AS PER THE SHEET THERE ARE APPROXIMATELY 10 PEOPLE WHO HAVE SUBMITTED MR, PCC and RPRF... HOW MUCH TIME DOES NDVO TAKE TO REQUEST FOR PASSPORT... ANY IDEA...

cancalling

Aug 21, 2013
Toronto,Canada
mali2014 said:
Congrats cancalling. :) :)

just a quick question if you can reply please, did LVO sent you " IMMIGRANT SUMMARY FORM & SCHEDULE FORM" along with MR through email?

Thank you in advance
Hi Mali2014.. All I received was MR,RPRF and Orginal PCC.. BTW what is this " IMMIGRANT SUMMARY FORM & SCHEDULE FORM" ?. Should I expect this also ?

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
Guys, I got a quick question.
What happens after we get the FSW PR? How soon are we expected to land in Canada before it expires? I would like to go to Canada after a couple of years if that is a possibility?

Thanks.

ANANJAY

VIP Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb,15
Nomination.....
(PER)AUG,2014
AOR Received.
Med's Request
5 june,2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Aug,15
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,15
niyatip25 said:
Hi everyone...
I have been following this forum since four months...
Thanks to all members for suggestions...
My application received date : 10 June 2014
NOC : 2174
CC charged on 29 sep...
SS updated by the name skynt...
Eagerly waiting for PER
Congrats nd +1

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goodwork# said:
I am 12th June Applicant
CC Charged on 30th September
Waiting for PER

I have a query

One of my experience letter have not mentioned detailed Job description. I send whatever written on it to NOC-CNP for clarification. Today i received a reply from them. in order to evaluate my NOC number they need more detailed JD.

Is this alarming???
It certainly is alarming. In order to receive credit for work in any NOC, CIC must be able to tell what NOC you were working in. They need it spelled out for them and they do not make assumptions and they will not accept simply a job title or industry lingo because they don't understand that. A reference letter that is not sufficiently descriptive of a particular NOC won't receive points. If it is the primary NOC, the minimum requirement won't be satisfied and the application will be rejected. This is a common reason for rejections. If it is experience other than the NOC, it won't be credited for points toward the pass mark. I hope your application will still be ok.

niagracalling

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2014
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b]New Delhi[/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=purple][b]1111[/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[color=purple][b]08-09-2014[/b][/color]
Doc's Request.
[color=purple][b]DD 24-11-2014[/b][/color]
Nomination.....
[color=purple][b]PER 16-12-2014[/b][/color]
IELTS Request
[color=purple][b]Sent[/b][/color]
File Transfer...
[color=purple][b]Started processing on 27-02-2015[/b][/color]
Med's Request
[color=purple][b]25-03-2015[/b][/color]
Med's Done....
[color=purple][b]28-03-2015 Third line update 08-04-2015[/b][/color]
Interview........
[color=purple][b]Skipped (Decision Made 14-05-2015)[/b][/color]
Passport Req..
[color=purple][b]13-05-2015[/b][/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[color=purple][b]21-05-2015[/b][/color][img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f126/pranav1981/canadianflag_zpsftrnold1.gif[/img]
LANDED..........
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f126/pranav1981/canstock14162064_zpsbfe36209.jpg[/img]
I came across this one......

If your occupation was accepted for immigration to Canada, does that mean you have to work necessarily in the occupation that you stated in your application?

When you thought about immigrating to Canada using the Federal Skilled Workers program, you probably found on the Internet a list of occupations that were subject to immigration. After finding your occupation in this list, you were sure that your occupation would be in demand in Canada. Then you made an assessment of your diploma and got a message that it met Canadian standards. Based on the above, you thought that there would be no problems with a job in Canada.
But you are wrong.
At the Toronto Conference of Internationally Educated Professionals, the speaker, Mr. Nick Noorani, the author of the book for new immigrants, Arrival Survival Canada, announced seven secrets of success in Canada. One of the secrets is a plan "B", which each immigrant has to have. By this he meant a second occupation which can be used if your first occupation is not in demand.
Most immigrants do not plan to change careers in Canada and this is clear: you have the education and experience in your field; you have some ideas and achievements, references from previous employers, perhaps inventions, and even degrees. In addition, a change of occupation is a painful procedure: the "stress scale" of American psychiatrist Thomas Szasz, indicates that changing your occupation is at the same level as divorce! However, statistics show that over 60% of immigrants change their occupations in the first year after arriving in Canada. Some did it temporarily and some changed it forever.
What could force you to change your occupation in Canada? See below the most common reasons:
• You can not find work in your field.
• You have problems obtaining a Canadian license.
• You need a high level of English for your occupation.
• You worked as manager prior to departure and in Canada now it is not possible.
• Your occupation is not in demand in Canada.
• You have a difficult financial situation and urgently need a job.
• Going to Canada, you dreamed about a new career.
Of course, usually you would not want to change the occupation you love but you have to know that domestic Canadians also change their occupation when the situation forces them to. So, turn over your workbook and review your diplomas. Perhaps at first you studied in college and worked as a technician; then you studied at the university and worked as an engineer, or went into your own business. After reading your workbook, you will certainly find one or two other occupations which could be considered as plan “B”.
Look over the site, www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/research/lsic/section7.asp, which shows how immigrants changed their occupations in Canada in 2010. While 23% of immigrants before departure worked in the field of science and engineering, only 15% of them retained their profession after coming to Canada.
Upon arrival, most immigrants take jobs from group number nine of the Canadian occupations classification, which includes such positions as shift foreman, machine operator, and factory assembler.
Before immigration only 4% of newcomers worked in such field; after 6 months of immigration, this number grows 5 times (20%).
Many immigrants took positions from group number six: “Sales and Service Occupations”. After the arrival, one out of four (25% of the immigrants) used this group of occupations but before immigration, only 9% people worked in this field.
What is better in career transition: to look for alternative occupations using your existing education and job experience, or to strive for a completely new career? It is your choice. There are special programs for immigrants who want to change their occupation. You will be tested and they will let you know what kind of work is better for you. To change your occupation, you may need to go back to school or get training in the workplace.

DocHasan

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London VO-RIH
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2014
Doc's Request.
PER 21-01-2015
Nomination.....
SLU 21/8/15
File Transfer...
TLU on 24/9/15 about File Transfer to LVO
Med's Request
& RPRF on 26/10/15
Med's Done....
5/11/15
I am applying as principal applicant, Police certificate needed for me only or also for my spouse?

mali2014

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
01-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
Med's Request
01-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-02-2015
LANDED..........
Insha Allah Soon
cancalling said:
Hi Mali2014.. All I received was MR,RPRF and Orginal PCC.. BTW what is this " IMMIGRANT SUMMARY FORM & SCHEDULE FORM" ?. Should I expect this also ?
Thank you for your quick response.

I am really confused. I have not received RPRF, all I received was MR along with "IMMIGRANT SUMMARY FORM & SCHEDULE FORM" and they gave me 30 days to complete these both forms and send them back. :( :( :(

ANANJAY

VIP Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb,15
Nomination.....
(PER)AUG,2014
AOR Received.
Med's Request
5 june,2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Aug,15
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,15
diyashlom said:
:D :D :D :D :D :D

heloo guys..

i am NOC 3142
APP RECIEVED :JUNE 6th
PER RECIEVED:1st OCTOBER

;D]

Congrats nd +1

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SaiS said:
Hi All,
My application reached on Aug 28 and i have applied for NOC 2173.
I have attached all the documents required and are listed in the Document Checklist.
But i heard from few ppl that we need to send Graduation and PG marklist to CIC along with the documents mentioned in the Document Checklist ?But i dint send.
It is clearly mentioned in the CIC that unnecessary documents should not be sent ..So will this give chance to reject the my application?
Do i have to send those documents now?

Please help.

Thanks
Degrees and marksheets are mentioned in the document checklist. They are mandatory.

ANANJAY

VIP Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.