+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

missionimpossible

Star Member
Apr 19, 2013
MUMBAI
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2014
Nomination.....
29-09-2014
Med's Request
28-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-12-2014
Passport Req..
05-03-2015
Gather your documents in the order or the checklist and check each item. Attach small items such as photos and certified
cheques with a paper clip, otherwise leave documents unbound. Place all documents in a sealed envelope. If your documents
are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the original version. Do not send any additional
documents when submitting your application to the CiO.

The bold statement, can we pin individual forms(like generic application which is 6 pages) or leave all forms unbounded

kb_virgo2003

May 3, 2014
Hello All,

I am able to get "Reference of letter" from all of my previous employers. But as per policies of my current company they do not issue "letter of reference" to their current employees. Though they will issue me a Bonafide letter of company letterhead mentioning my date of joining, title, purpose of letter as "Immigration related" and m currently associated with company. Also, i have offer letter and increment letter of current company. Will that be sufficient to show work experience in my current company?

Please reply.

Thanks

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
strangersr said:
i'm a little bit skeptic about consultants. i believe that anyone who has nerves and knowledge to make such change in its life (as if to move to CA and start its life all over again) and to be eligible for this program, is able to fill out an application. therefore, my standpoint is DO NOT HIRE ANYONE TO FILL OUT YOUR INFO! however, this is just me, and i am not trying to force anyone to do anything. CIC did at least ONE good job - and that is to provide a detailed description on how to fill out forms, what is mandatory, what is not, what needs to be included in the application, what does not need to be included now, but will be mandatory later on in a process, which documents need to be original, which one you can send copies only... so, all you need to do is to take time, read thoroughly, and have someone you trust, read and check your application after you are done. two pairs of eyes are always better than one. good luck and have patience (patience is not my virtue, but i heard is a good one! ;))
Your point is interesting. Consultants I don't know about but I recommend hiring a lawyer. Legal representation is important for many areas in life, and this is one of the most important processes many of us will go through in our lives. Why take a chance?

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sansanlaosu said:
Hi Seniors,

Just want to make sure the size of photo we need to submit.
I just had my photos done with the following instruction shown on the guideline.
The photos must:
measure between 25 mm and 30 mm (1”and 1 3/8”) from chin to crown;
have a 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8” x 1 ¾”) finished size.

However, I have seen a senior advice different size earlier in this forum.
"The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 1/4″) and 36 mm (1 7/16″)".

Is my photo size wrong?

Thank you.
Your photos are fine. The guideline you are referring to that was posted several pages before is WRONG. Use the photo specifications in the application guide for FSW. PR application photos are DIFFERENT from photos required for TRVs and passports. The chin to crown size range is 25-30 mm as you have taken. So you are fine.

I sure wish people wouldn't post incorrect information on this forum!

Iwanna44

May 12, 2014
Sorry let me rephrase my address related question.

During my studies my permanent address that was in my documents was my parents house but I lived somewhere else. So do they want me to put the address that was on my ID or the one where I physically lived?

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NIKONIKO said:
Are completely sure that the 1112 cap was filled after 3 weeks?, when i review the 2013 timeline, it says that the cap was filled in 8/21/2013, and that is way longer than three weeks.
You are correct. It was not 3 weeks it was over 3 months.

But this year, everyone who missed the cap last year had a complete application basically ready to go on May 1. So I expect the cap to be reached quicker this year even though it has been increased to 1000. I doubt it will be filled by May 15 but May 31 or June 15 would not surprise me.

My educated guess only.

missionimpossible

Star Member
Apr 19, 2013
MUMBAI
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2014
Nomination.....
29-09-2014
Med's Request
28-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-12-2014
Passport Req..
05-03-2015
missionimpossible said:
Gather your documents in the order or the checklist and check each item. Attach small items such as photos and certified
cheques with a paper clip, otherwise leave documents unbound. Place all documents in a sealed envelope. If your documents
are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the original version. Do not send any additional
documents when submitting your application to the CiO.

The bold statement, can we pin individual forms(like generic application which is 6 pages) or leave all forms unbounded
Please reply seniors

rohit307

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
09-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
09-10-2014
Med's Done....
27-10-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2015
future_canadian said:
Cutting and pasting from the NOC web site is basically an automatic rejection. It shows that the applicant or letter writer hasn't even attempted to give an accurate description of their duties at their actual job, but is just trying to tick boxes to be admitted. You need a description from your employer of what your job actually was/is and CIC will determine whether it fits the NOC. There are very few jobs that will include every single duty from the NOC description. Misrepresentation of job duties (or anything else on the application) is grounds not only for rejection of the application but for exclusion from Canada for 2 years. Just be honest and tell your letter writers to do the same.
Lead statement is one which comes under description of noc. It's important that your experience reflects or qualifies this statement. This is very important. Must pay attention to lead statement.

Jango1

Apr 16, 2014
I have copied and pasted one job duty highlighted, i just could not avoid or change the voice, because this is exactly what was performed. ::)

Conduct health and safety tours in the steel plant and surprise check if maintenance practices comply with COMAH regulations.
provide guidance to industrial maintenance crews and Investigate mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems that may arise and report any malpractice to the senior management team.

The underlined is the only copy paste which makes less than 10% of other duties..

kewlCanada

Jun 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
sent with applicaton
@ Future canadian,

I am not joking, First of all although last time , the intimation of cap got filled came after 3 months , but in reality applications received by 3rd week that is till stamped by CIC till"30th May 2013" were only accepted for NOC 2174 and 1112..

for a better idea see the global spreadsheet of this forum , FSW 2011 ( which opened on 1st July 2011) for NOC 1122 application got filled in just one week and that time cap was 500. here is the link. so whatever I am writing is backed by proper proof, it might sound discouraging but its a fact.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?hl=fil&key=ta42WhwIcY6cGnGfJrt6wAw&hl=fil#gid=0

future_canadian said:
You are correct. It was not 3 weeks it was over 3 months.

But this year, everyone who missed the cap last year had a complete application basically ready to go on May 1. So I expect the cap to be reached quicker this year even though it has been increased to 1000. I doubt it will be filled by May 15 but May 31 or June 15 would not surprise me.

My educated guess only.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wanderer24x7 said:
Read the Guide 7000 page carefully on CIC website, the excerpt from the page from Step 1: Gather documents:

Certified true copies

To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

“I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
the name of the original document,
the date of the certification,
his or her name,
his or her official position or title, and
his or her signature.
Who can certify copies?

Persons authorized to certify copies include the following:

In Canada:

a commissioner of oaths (authority to certify varies by province and territory)
a notary public
a justice of the peace
Outside Canada:

a judge
a magistrate
a notary public
an officer of a court of justice
a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the person is living
Yes I understand how to obtain a certified copy. But that does not say that the copies of documents you provide with your application must be certified copies. The only place such a requirement is stated is with regard to translated documents.

rohit307

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
09-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
09-10-2014
Med's Done....
27-10-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2015
kewlCanada said:
@ Future canadian,

I am not joking, First of all although last time , the intimation of cap got filled came after 3 months , but in reality applications received by 3rd week that is till stamped by CIC till"30th May 2013" were only accepted for NOC 2174 and 1112..

for a better idea see the global spreadsheet of this forum , FSW 2011 ( which opened on 1st July 2011) for NOC 1122 application got filled in just one week and that time cap was 500. here is the link. so whatever I am writing is backed by proper proof, it might sound discouraging but its a fact.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?hl=fil&key=ta42WhwIcY6cGnGfJrt6wAw&hl=fil#gid=0
In my view, anyone applying after 15th May for 2174 will be taking risk since this is one of the hottest NOC'S.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missionimpossible said:
Query on PCC

Does my spouse need to provide a PCC of her residence before marriage. If yes this is a big show stopper? In India PCC is issued by the passport office. Now to get a PCC the essential thing is a valid passport. Post marriage her passport has changed and so has her Surname. We have the PCC for the new address. However for the old address the passport has been cancelled and hence we cannot get a PCC issued for that address.

NOTE: In Dec 2012 hoping for FSWP to open in Jan2013 we had issued a PCC for the maiden name and the old address, however since it is been more than a yr that is no longer valid

Please share your thoughts on the above
Each person only needs one PCC per country they have lived in. If her old and new addresses are in India it doesn't matter, just apply for a new PCC now.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sternchen30890 said:
Thanks!
I also have translations. They are certified. Do I need to sent the original document in German plus the translated copy or originals?
Check "Translation of Documents" here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp

I copy and paste here for you, but CIC can change its guides any time so always go to the source to check!

Translation of documents

Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:

the English or French translation; and
an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
a certified copy of the original document.

Status
Not open for further replies.