+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
missionimpossible said:
Query on PCC

Does my spouse need to provide a PCC of her residence before marriage. If yes this is a big show stopper? In India PCC is issued by the passport office. Now to get a PCC the essential thing is a valid passport. Post marriage her passport has changed and so has her Surname. We have the PCC for the new address. However for the old address the passport has been cancelled and hence we cannot get a PCC issued for that address.

NOTE: In Dec 2012 hoping for FSWP to open in Jan2013 we had issued a PCC for the maiden name and the old address, however since it is been more than a yr that is no longer valid

Please share your thoughts on the above
PCC is for any applicant or principal applicant that is 18yrs and above.Dependants of 18years and above too need it.
Another condition is that PCC is needed in places you have lived continuously more than 6months.
You can submit your application without it....just write a cover letter to explain the delay while you patiently get the PCC for you and your spouse.
Best of luck.

missionimpossible

Star Member
Apr 19, 2013
MUMBAI
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2014
Nomination.....
29-09-2014
Med's Request
28-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-12-2014
Passport Req..
05-03-2015
kollins said:
PCC is for any applicant or principal applicant that is 18yrs and above.Dependants of 18years and above too need it.
Another condition is that PCC is needed in places you have lived continuously more than 6months.
You can submit your application without it....just write a cover letter to explain the delay while you patiently get the PCC for you and your spouse.
Best of luck.
So we both have our PCC. It is just that we cannot get it for her previous residence since that passport is not valid any longer(i have the expired PCC with maiden name and endorsement on passport). Ideally if there is anything wrong with the clearance a new passport cannot be issued. Anyone from MUMBAI(INDIA) with a similar issue??

rssb

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
strangersr said:
PER is Positive Eligibility Review.it is the first notification one receives from CIO. no one knows when to expect it, that's something all of us would like to know! ;D some of people from this forum from 2013, who applied late april, said that they've received PER within 20 days. i don't know if 2014 applicants can rely on this info. it would be just perfect it this turns out to be true! the beginning of the fsw2013 program cannot be a reference to us, since CIC was on strike for several months last year, and it included months from the start till mid duration of a program. so, i wouldn't say that we can compare 2014 situation with the 2013 one. but again, this is my opinion.
i don't know how long it takes to obtain PC from india, but you shouldn't have problems getting you guys the USA one, since you should have it in our hands within a month, from the day you request it.
good luck!
+1 Thank you so much for the reply. In your opinion, shall I start with PCC request after obtaining the PER request? As you have mentioned in your previous post, LO officer will ask for it. I assume I will get at least a month after receiving a PER request and before receiving a PC request from LO office.

farhaantariq

May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohit307 said:
I agree. These are fast moving categories and hence may get filled faster even though cap has increased to 1000. But then updates on cic websites in a sense doesn't reflect true picture. Last year 2174 reached its capacity in August whereas in actual it got filled in May itself.
about noc 2174........my app reached cio last year on 15 june and was rejected due to cap was reached. although I was notified about it in September but that doesn't mean all the apps till September or july were accepted. what I found was that for 2174, all apps which reached cio by 8 june 2014 were within cap cos the last person who updated spreadsheet for receiving per for 2174, his/her app was received at cio on june 8.......all those after june 8 were rejected as cap was filled.

this time as cap is increased to 1000, I hope it will get filled by mid of june....I mean all those apps reached at cio by 2nd week of june will be under cap.....cos this time the rejected applicants and those who were late, already applied and they themselves are in thousands........but still cant say anything.....but one thing is for sure if u r late to get ur app at cio by 3rd week of june.....then consider it already rejected by default.

strangersr

Jul 11, 2013
Uzice
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/14/2014
Doc's Request.
Received by CIO: Nov. 24th 2014.
Nomination.....
CC charged Jan. 18th 2015.
AOR Received.
PER: Feb 13th
IELTS Request
Included/ Ecas got live on Jan 30th
File Transfer...
AOR: March 6th 2015.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
farhaantariq said:
the fact is that, most of us don't know how to properly fill the forms and how to submit and write docs........for the very 1st or even 2nd 3rd time...........what happens is we waste precious time and cap gets filled and we wait for next year and so on.........so normally this takes 2nd or 3rd attempt to successfully submit the app.

now there are people of 2 opinions....

1st one those who say we don't want to waste that much time (normally 2 3 years) instead we can pay 1500 to 3000 dollars (depend on how much u can bargain or if living in a big city & hiring top consultant then cost of hiring consultants are typically high)...and bypass all the headache and get entry into Canada within 14 - 16 months. the benefit of this approach is that u don't have to do anything, just sit back and relax......everything ur consultant will do (but make sure he is listed on cic website and recognized one, not crooks) and u successfully (in most of the cases) enters in Canada easily and quickly, if u r even lacking in points these people are law experts and they can make up 3 to 4 points for u easily,,,,,,the bad thing.......u sacrifice 1500 - 3000 dollars on consultants!

2nd one are those who says to hell with consultants, its not required and thousands of people go without them so we can also. now in this some people are lucky and make no mistakes and get it in the 1st attempt........but u know even a single mistake like not signing the form or forgot it to sign, filled wrong info in any one field of any form......can result in a rejection......its much more like a trial and check method for most of the cases.............the good thing u save thousands of dollars..........the bad thing....u waste 2 3 years to get into Canada! and remember if u r rejected once, 2nd or 3rd time u will be scrutinized more deeply and in detail.

if u search the internet.........the number of applicants getting into Canada each year through consultants are way higher than those who don't hire them..........again I m not advocating to hire consultant or encouraging to do so.........its just matter of circumstances.

my suggestion: if u can manage or u can say waste some thousand dollars......then hire consultant and get rid of any chances of rejection, headache, manual follow ups and other things.
farhaantariq, i'd say you found a really good consultant, who made you believe that you cannot fill in your application properly! :)))) just kiddin', but i must say i strongly disagree with your above statements.
as you said yourself in your statements above, the rejections that one can face when filling its info on their own, is if they skipped signing in the document, filled wrong info... so, based on this, if you fill your application on your own and DON'T PAY ENOUGH ATTENTION or is half-cocked, is just matter of one's attention.. not knowledge... so if you pay enough attention - you are gonna do it right. if you don't read it thoroughly, you can make mistake! and also, it is not always a case that fist time applicants get rejected! there are so many examples of this statement not to be true.
in the other hand, if you hire consultant, you must be aware that they also make mistakes - i read somewhere in this forum, that one consultant entered wrong birthday for an applicant... what i'm trying to say is that everyone can make mistake. consultants surely have more experience with it, but they cannot do anything to improve your chances of getting your PER or visa faster.
so, my view on this is to have more faith in yourself and your abilities! ;D just kidding, i'm not advocating either, since each one of us will do what she/he believes is best for them, and that is the only right thing to do! good luck to all of us this year - especially first time applicants who applied on their own!! ;D just a joke, to all of us equally! :)))

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramgarhia said:
Get new picture without scarf & spectacles. as they are not valid for application.
Not true. Both head covering for religious reasons and spectacles are acceptable in the visa pictures. However the entire face must show, so a head covering that also covers the face would not be acceptable. Also, glasses must not be tinted, may not show a reflection or obscure the eyes.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xXCiscoGuyXx said:
Here are the Requirements: Question is, is she wearing scarf for religious reasons? Does it match the requirement?

Provide two photographs of yourself with your application.
Your photographs must comply with the specifications below. If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed.
Photographs must be printed on quality photographic paper.
Specifications
The photographs must be identical and taken within the last six months. They may be either black and white or colour.
The photographs must be clear, well defined and taken against a plain white or light-coloured background.
If the photographs are digital, they must not be altered in any way.
Your face must be square to the camera with a neutral expression, neither frowning nor smiling, and with your mouth closed.
You may wear non-tinted prescription glasses as long as your eyes are clearly visible. Make sure that the frame does not cover any part of your eyes. Sunglasses are not acceptable.
A hairpiece or other cosmetic accessory is acceptable if it does not disguise your normal appearance.
If you must wear a head covering for religious reasons, make sure your full facial features are not obscured.
Photograph and head size specifications
Image described to the right

The frame size must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8″ x 1 3/4″).
The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph, and include the top of the shoulders.
The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 1/4″) and 36 mm (1 7/16″).
Crown means the top of the head or (if obscured by hair or a head covering) where the top of the head or skull would be if it could be seen.
If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed.
WRONG!!!

Those are the requirements for visa photos such as TRV. NOT for Immigration applications! They are DIFFERENT!

Check HERE for the requirements for PR applications: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp#appendixA

Please be careful!

strangersr

Jul 11, 2013
Uzice
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/14/2014
Doc's Request.
Received by CIO: Nov. 24th 2014.
Nomination.....
CC charged Jan. 18th 2015.
AOR Received.
PER: Feb 13th
IELTS Request
Included/ Ecas got live on Jan 30th
File Transfer...
AOR: March 6th 2015.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rssb said:
+1 Thank you so much for the reply. In your opinion, shall I start with PCC request after obtaining the PER request? As you have mentioned in your previous post, LO officer will ask for it. I assume I will get at least a month after receiving a PER request and before receiving a PC request from LO office.
after you receive your PER, your file will be transferred within days to your LO. in my opinion, it is best to keep an eye on the spreadsheet to see what is the speed of both CIO and your LO. but i'm pretty sure you will have a month. :p it might be a good idea to send a request for PC issuance after you receive your PER, since once you get PC, it is valid for 6 months, even tough they say in the document checklist that they wont make a fuss about it if it is a year since its issuance. so you should be fine with this timeline.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jayeshaminnew said:
I agree. They obviosly have no time to cross verify each and every applicant. They believe what we provide is true unless they smell something fishy!
But the LVOs have time to do so, if they choose.

farhaantariq

May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
future_canadian said:
Not true. Both head covering for religious reasons and spectacles are acceptable in the visa pictures. However the entire face must show, so a head covering that also covers the face would not be acceptable. Also, glasses must not be tinted, may not show a reflection or obscure the eyes.
brother don't take it seriously by heart but understand the requirements of certain thing. its good to know ur wife take scarf and cover her head but in photos her head must not be covered (atleast the forehead), her ears must be visible and prefer not to wear spectacles.

u can read very clear and authentic details to get photos for immigration on cic website. they have not mentioned that they allow to wear scarf or caps or anything for immigration photos, so don't just assume ur self about it. this very little mistake can cause trouble for u which u don't want and can delay ur app.

may be some senior can help you better in this regard.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ssamjos said:
I have a question:

Can some one tell what is the lead statement. CIC website says this for reference letter:

You must show that you did the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC, including all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed. If you do not show that your experience meets the description in the NOC, we will refuse your application.

Also I read that we should not copy exactly from NOC website, we should modify it. Is modifying a safer route to go?
Cutting and pasting from the NOC web site is basically an automatic rejection. It shows that the applicant or letter writer hasn't even attempted to give an accurate description of their duties at their actual job, but is just trying to tick boxes to be admitted. You need a description from your employer of what your job actually was/is and CIC will determine whether it fits the NOC. There are very few jobs that will include every single duty from the NOC description. Misrepresentation of job duties (or anything else on the application) is grounds not only for rejection of the application but for exclusion from Canada for 2 years. Just be honest and tell your letter writers to do the same.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xXCiscoGuyXx said:
Did you get it from a local police station or the FBI?
CIC requires from the FBI. They may ask for additional state certificates but there is no need to obtain them unless and until asked.

farhaantariq

May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
future_canadian said:
Cutting and pasting from the NOC web site is basically an automatic rejection. It shows that the applicant or letter writer hasn't even attempted to give an accurate description of their duties at their actual job, but is just trying to tick boxes to be admitted. You need a description from your employer of what your job actually was/is and CIC will determine whether it fits the NOC. There are very few jobs that will include every single duty from the NOC description. Misrepresentation of job duties (or anything else on the application) is grounds not only for rejection of the application but for exclusion from Canada for 2 years. Just be honest and tell your letter writers to do the same.
right said...even u cannot just copy paste and edit it and send......they can catch it easily and u go straight for rejection. also one thing is true that one cannot perform all the duties mentioned in the noc.......its impossible. they have mentioned it just to get an idea for u that u can apply under specific noc or not. if ur job duties don't even match exactly but match nearly to any noc then u can apply under that and must write only those duties which u performed at ur job. copy pasting, editing, modifying is not safe to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.