+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FJFY

Oct 5, 2013
Hello,

They don't need your card physically to use a POS machine. All they need from you is the 16 digit number and Security number at the back of the card. All these details were filled on the payment form attached if you are using CC payment.

Hope it helps your understanding of how it works with regards to POS.

Regards,
FJFY

Rayj

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/05/2014
Med's Request
08/10/2014
Med's Done....
14/10/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20/01/2015
gchabs said:
Use POS Machine? I am not sure If I understand that really. I thought to be able to use a card on a terminal they need to physically have my card to swipe and complete transaction, isn't it? Sorry please elaborate if I seem to be missing something here.
Dear gchabs,

You are right, generally it does require your physical card but it can also be paid using the card number entered into the POS machine. Also, another possibility is all leading card providers(Visa, Mastercard and American Express) don't require 3D secure passwords or OTP for CIC for obvious reasons. You needn't worry as people have been paying through CC for years now to CIC and it wouldn't fail unless you are exceeding the Card limit. Also, they try a number of times over a few days before they actually reject any application because of a credit card transaction failure.

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
gchabs said:
Use POS Machine? I am not sure If I understand that really. I thought to be able to use a card on a terminal they need to physically have my card to swipe and complete transaction, isn't it? Sorry please elaborate if I seem to be missing something here.
If the seller/institution is very reputed and reliable, bank allow to set POS machine or you can say terminal at the premise of seller/institution where seller/institution can charge credit/debit card through two way:
1. swipe when physical card is there
2. enter manually the credit card number, cvv, name, and expiry date. For this auto debit authorization paper is mandatory.

I hope now it is clear to you.

farhaantariq

May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it seems most of the people are concerned with how cio can contact their employers to cross check them that they have provided authentic and reliable information about themselves.

what I understand is...cio really don't cross check all the applicants..infact they don't have that much time to call on the numbers from around the world having different time zones to check about whether the person really worked there or not, whether his/her duties/responsibilities were the same that are required and other info, sometimes numbers are busy, some times there are network problems going on...and they really don't bother to call or contact again and again until they get any response.....so literary its impossible to check so many applicants within such a small time frame of 3 to 4 months.

In my understandings and what I read on net and from other's experiences........those countries whose citizens are famous for fraudulent activities and are involved in cheating and misleading about themselves....they are get checked thoroughly. sadly to say most of the Asian, african and middle eastern countries are on top of this list. the cio hardly goes for such a detailed background check for Europeans, Americans and Australians.

but again the majority of applicant are from these top suspicious countries so its again impossible to cross check all of them. now those who apply through a recognized consultant of cic/cio, they normally don't go through such detailed checks cos their consultants themselves take their cases after proper investigating the clients cos they don't want their names to be spoiled and their standing in cic to go down just for 1 2 fraudulent clients.

remaining are all those applicants who belong to these countries and don't hire a consultant for them....normally all of them goes through these detailed check ups. but that doesn't mean that its a guarantee that others are exempted from checking. cio can and do check anyone they want, its their right, but these "especial" applicants are really really very less as compared to the other "normal" applicants.

this is what I understood, what experience users say about it? please share your views so that we the normal applicants can have some idea about this checking thing.

solomonwise

Jun 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farhaantariq said:
it seems most of the people are concerned with how cio can contact their employers to cross check them that they have provided authentic and reliable information about themselves.

what I understand is...cio really don't cross check all the applicants..infact they don't have that much time to call on the numbers from around the world having different time zones to check about whether the person really worked there or not, whether his/her duties/responsibilities were the same that are required and other info, sometimes numbers are busy, some times there are network problems going on...and they really don't bother to call or contact again and again until they get any response.....so literary its impossible to check so many applicants within such a small time frame of 3 to 4 months.

In my understandings and what I read on net and from other's experiences........those countries whose citizens are famous for fraudulent activities and are involved in cheating and misleading about themselves....they are get checked thoroughly. sadly to say most of the Asian, african and middle eastern countries are on top of this list. the cio hardly goes for such a detailed background check for Europeans, Americans and Australians.

but again the majority of applicant are from these top suspicious countries so its again impossible to cross check all of them. now those who apply through a recognized consultant of cic/cio, they normally don't go through such detailed checks cos their consultants themselves take their cases after proper investigating the clients cos they don't want their names to be spoiled and their standing in cic to go down just for 1 2 fraudulent clients.

remaining are all those applicants who belong to these countries and don't hire a consultant for them....normally all of them goes through these detailed check ups. but that doesn't mean that its a guarantee that others are exempted from checking. cio can and do check anyone they want, its their right, but these "especial" applicants are really really very less as compared to the other "normal" applicants.

this is what I understood, what experience users say about it? please share your views so that we the normal applicants can have some idea about this checking thing.
So you are advocating people make use of consultants so they don't get delayed?

lut4rahman

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gchabs said:
LOL they know what they are doing, you don't need any password or 3D security code to make a transaction. I worked in a company where we use to take payments without security code/password. security code is only required for instant payment in ecommerce site.

Jango1

Apr 16, 2014
farhaantariq said:

I completely agree with you. Inspite of working for brand companies, having good IELTS and PCC, I have still gone through a recognized consultant who is an ICCRC member..

farhaantariq

May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
solomonwise said:
So you are advocating people make use of consultants so they don't get delayed?
I didn't mentioned that they get delayed or processed quickly, its just that they get checked in details thoroughly. but that doesn't mean those are exempted who hired consultants or are from Europe and usa. its just a case what I understood.

jayeshaminnew

Apr 25, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
18-08-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
farhaantariq said:

I agree. They obviosly have no time to cross verify each and every applicant. They believe what we provide is true unless they smell something fishy!

sukh_deep80

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
Nomination.....
10-10-2014
Med's Request
10-11-2014
Med's Done....
17-11-2014
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
Could someone tell plz that what AMIE in india is equivalent in canada.

kajola

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi

can i ask what you guys put in the Field of Study for secondary level in Schedule A question 7??

thanks

gchabs

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC sent on 11-02-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Already Sent
File Transfer...
29-12-2014
Med's Request
09-01-2015
Med's Done....
14-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2015
kajola said:
hi

can i ask what you guys put in the Field of Study for secondary level in Schedule A question 7??

thanks
I looked at that and laughed! Then I put basic literacy and laughed even more :)

can2174

Aug 9, 2013
Pune
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014 received on :07/05/2014 10:19 AM FEE charged : 25-062014 PER received : 07-08-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC requested on 08/09/2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
farhaantariq said:
it seems most of the people are with with how cio can contact their employers to cross check them that they have provided authentic and reliable information about themselves.

I don't agree with you. There are some consultants who won't evenentertain fake or forged docs submitted by applicants . by the way all applicants irrespective of their locations are subject to background checks by local VOs ...

kajola

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gchabs said:
I looked at that and laughed! Then I put basic literacy and laughed even more :)
ha! I've been thinking about that for days and until now I'm still not sure what to put there.

Status
Not open for further replies.