+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

santosh014

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
sanjeev_rg said:
Seniors,

I have given my Citibank Credit card details when I sent the application. Yesterday I got an email from Citibank that OTP will be mandatory. Also a line is included which says it may not be applicable to certain international merchants.

This should not be any problem for CIC to charge my credit card right??? Please advise me on this.
#########################################################################
At Citibank, it is our endeavor to provide you with world class services along with the latest security features. To that end, we are pleased to inform you of a new security enhancement for authenticating online payment transactions. Kindly note the following with regard to this enhancement:
Online payment transactions using your Citibank credit/debit card, exceeding a dynamic threshold amount will require a One Time Password (OTP) authentication.

This additional security feature will be applicable on merchants using the secure Verified by VISA/MasterCard Secure verification platform only and hence may not be applicable to certain international merchants.

The option of authenticating these transactions using Internet PIN (IPIN) will not be available.

The OTP will automatically be sent to the registered mobile number* updated in our records.

This will be effective September 29, 2014.
##################################################################################

For 2173 NOC I see CIC is working on 50+ applications per week.

Thanks
Hi Sanjeev,
I have just called Citibank Cust.care and asked about this. They said.. OTP generation depends on the design of website the CIC is using for making these transactions.. so probably.. they must not be using this OTP kind of process.. Also, it's better to call citibank and make them prior informed about the transaction and mention the name of the merchant as.. CIC.. Citizenship and Immigration of Canada and the approx. amount also. They will put a note corresponding to your card. Hope for the best! :)

Vande Matram

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014 DD
Nomination.....
PER: 21-10-2014
Med's Request
19-12-2014
Med's Done....
26-12-2014 Third Line update: 03-02-2015
Interview........
Waived Decision Made: 24-03-2015
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2015 Passpsort received: 20-04-2015
Pooja14 said:
You have done right job. CIC requires photo copies attested by public notary only.
Thanks Pooja14, but read this quote i am pasting from page 5639..... Plz advice again after going through it.....

"
I received my application back today after a very long wait. My application was received at CIO on the 20th of May 2014.

However,the rejection was as a result from an "Error" from the staff at CIO. It reads " You did not provide us with a copy of the completed foreign education credential to accompany the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA Report) " even though I duly included my B.sc Certificate (copy) in my application. It was even enclosed in the package returned to me by CIO. So, how come they did not see it over there?

Why would CIO no take their time to go through applicants' package before just returning them?

I intend to send another application as soon as possible, but not without proving a point to CIO about their unnecessary error at least. Or what do you advise?

It is such a painful experience!
"

viveksharma

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC sent with Medicals
Nomination.....
01-10-2014
AOR Received.
Not Received
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Guess mid Jun-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
Vande Matram said:
Thanks Pooja14, but read this quote i am pasting from page 5639..... Plz advice again after going through it.....

"
I received my application back today after a very long wait. My application was received at CIO on the 20th of May 2014.

However,the rejection was as a result from an "Error" from the staff at CIO. It reads " You did not provide us with a copy of the completed foreign education credential to accompany the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA Report) " even though I duly included my B.sc Certificate (copy) in my application. It was even enclosed in the package returned to me by CIO. So, how come they did not see it over there?

Why would CIO no take their time to go through applicants' package before just returning them?

I intend to send another application as soon as possible, but not without proving a point to CIO about their unnecessary error at least. Or what do you advise?

"
Vande matram - what exactly is your Query.
We do need to provide CIC the copies of our degrees and marksheets, with translation in English if applicable. However, attesting it with the notary is purely optional and not mandatory at all.

andy6835

Jul 30, 2014
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am confused in IMM5669 Background declaration form.

For education, it asks break up of primary,secondary,university,trade or post secondary. I have done 10th (SSC)+diploma in mech engg(3 yr)+BE (3yr)+ part-time Diploma..( was no time limit, i cleared in~ 3 year).
wht should b breakup for above ? & should I put schools name or board name at " Name of Institution" ?

It asks all address in last 10 year, but I dont remember all. Can I skip some?

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
viveksharma said:
I would say it's due to lower number of application.
It would have been the case if there hadn't been a backlog and just this 500 applications to process within a week.

niknike

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Friends, do we need to maintain POF even after getting PER? or we can use those funds now and maintain it later when requested by VO again? (Any thoughts, when POF will be required again- like at the time of entry!? :'() )

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
niknike said:
Friends, do we need to maintain POF even after getting PER? or we can use those funds now and maintain it later when requested by VO again? (Any thoughts, when POF will be required again- like at the time of entry!? :'() )
1) Definitive YES - CIO stage
2) Maybe - VO stage
3) Definitive YES - At landing

Pooja14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
cooldek1986 said:
Guys

can you please help me if i need to include covering letter as I had gap while doing Master's in distance learning..I travelled to the UK becase of project work for a year and again resume my masters education...

Do i need to include any covering letter explaining abt this
You can mention this under "ACTIVITY" section of Schedule-A.

Pooja14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Vande Matram said:

"

"
Please ensure that whether you included Educational Credential Assessment (ECA Report) provided by WES or any other designated agency? You have mentioned that you included copy of B.Sc certificate. It is a supporting document only. Main thing is your credential report and it is mandatory.

praveensk

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Re: PCC is required for SPOUSE also

Pankaj.srma said:
Yes PCC is required for spouse and the ones who is not minor (Not sure about minor but very much sure for spouse :D)
Also it is not mandatory to send PCC along with your file....you can send it later on when requested...
Thanks for the information provided !

I am facing issue with the address proof for present address, have to get it resolved some how :(

And wanted to understand how many days it requires to process PCC normally in India?

Thanks again !

srbhrn

Aug 14, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2015
IELTS Request
Entered in EE Profile
Pooja14 said:
You have done right job. CIC requires photo copies attested by public notary only.
Where does it say that marksheets and degree needs to be attested by notary??

Pooja14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
andy6835 said:
I am confused in IMM5669 Background declaration form.

For education, it asks break up of primary,secondary,university,trade or post secondary. I have done 10th (SSC)+diploma in mech engg(3 yr)+BE (3yr)+ part-time Diploma..( was no time limit, i cleared in~ 3 year).
wht should b breakup for above ? & should I put schools name or board name at " Name of Institution" ?

It asks all address in last 10 year, but I dont remember all. Can I skip some?
[/quote:
You should quote as under:
Primary (as applicable in your case)
Secondary (as applicable in your case)
University (I thinks you have done Diploma and degree from any university and B.E. so include both under University section. Means: 3+3=6 years.)
Mention dates of all these commencing and completion too in relevant column. GOOD LUCK.

ganges

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Hi Guys,

Need somehelp here. I am probably too late in the game. But can anyone advise if I can/should apply for NOC 1112.
Is it worth applying?

If yes, Can anyone let me know how to get the educational assessment done?

Thanks

pankaj.kumar

Jun 23, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
Nomination.....
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
09-05-2015
File Transfer...
SLU 15-05-2015 starting processing on 12-05-2015
Med's Request
22-5-2015
Med's Done....
26-5-2015 TLU on 4th JUNE 2015
Interview........
Decision Made on 16 June 2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2015
ganges said:
Hi Guys,

Need somehelp here. I am probably too late in the game. But can anyone advise if I can/should apply for NOC 1112.
Is it worth applying?

If yes, Can anyone let me know how to get the educational assessment done?

Thanks
This time for 1112 i think its late....

but January express entry is not too far away you should start preparing your documents visit the forum regularly and you will be through early next year................

Pooja14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
srbhrn said:
Where does it say that marksheets and degree needs to be attested by notary??
Please read entire guide. If you have not downloaded go through this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp
Look in to the section : Step 1: Gather documents

Who can certify copies?

Persons authorized to certify copies include the following:

In Canada:

a commissioner of oaths (authority to certify varies by province and territory)
a notary public
a justice of the peace

Outside Canada:

a judge
a magistrate
a notary public
an officer of a court of justice
a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the person is living

Status
Not open for further replies.