+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestwishes said:
Senior, pls advise..

On Schedule 3 form,

At settlement fund field, do I have to put the same amount as stated on my bank certificate? Or I can just state partial amount of that stated on my bank certificate, if the partial amount is more than the minimum fund requirement?
you should put the actual amount. If you want to show a FD with just the minimum, that's fine, but if you actually have $1 million in settlement funds available, that's what you should enter.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anarki said:
hey guys...i posted this before but didn't get any replies :(
would appreciate if anyone can answer the below questions.

I worked in a single company for 7 yrs(5 yrs in US). I held two designations in this period. I have the following questions:
- I am planning to get references from two supervisors during this period..is this ok or should I get only from one person because it is only one company ?
- the first reference is for the first 3 years(NOC 2173).
- the second reference is for the remaining 4 years(NOC 2171). I'll be applying under 2171 category.
- Should I be mentioning both the my Indian salary and the US salary along with my duration of stay in each country ?
- the company doesn't give the reference letters on letterhead. But the two supervisors who are currently working in the same company will be signing it for me. They don't have any business cards, but I can get copies of their ID cards and attach it. Is that ok ?
- I have pay slips(both Indian and US) and initial offer letter and final relieving letter from company. Should I attach copies of these documents ?
You are very much on the right track with this. Give explicit detail of your different positions and job duties and the dates applicable to each. Well done.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnINDIA said:
Hi Guys ,

In the order of documents : fsw2014.info/cic-full-application-package/

It doesnt say anything about medical.

When are we supposed to do the medical exam ?

Thanks
when your local visa office asks you for it.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leiloola said:
I'm very concerned now as I didn't provide any additional documents for the jobs I got the reference letter....
I'm applyingo for NOC 1123 and my current employer gave me a complete letter, with all duties described + letterhead, stamp....everything! So I though it was not necessary to indlcude any toher additional info....was I worng???? :'( :'(

I provided all additional information to the case that the employer didn't give me the reference letter.

I'm in panic now as I have all this info but though it was not necessary
I provided nothing but reference letters and already have PER. Relax.

ANANJAY

VIP Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb,15
Nomination.....
(PER)AUG,2014
AOR Received.
Second line updated : Oct,14
Med's Request
5 june,2015
Med's Done....
june,2015(third line update 18 june,15)
Passport Req..
Aug,15
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,15
nskatcv said:
There is a technique called 'fold the paper'. Use that. ;)

Demo here..

Regards
Haha +1 for disclosing this technique...

loraq617

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
future_canadian said:
There isn't any requirement for it to be signed on all pages. A signature at the end applies to the whole letter.

You should be very explicit about the dates you worked in each position, and your duties in each position. Two reasons. First, you apparently qualify under both 2171 and 2174. 2171 is less hot so you should apply under that, but just in case you need to use this letter again later for whatever purpose, you want to be able to use it as support for 2174 in case of need. Also, if the letter simply states that you held x number of positions over the course of your employment and lists a bunch of duties, it may not be clear to CIC how much experience you have and in which NOC.

Good luck!
Thanks future for explaining this. The format actually of the letter is like this:

To whom it may concern:

This is to certify that Ms. xxxxxx is currently holding a permanent position as xxxxx in xxxx. Details of her positions are as follows:

1. Designation:
Period:
Basic Annual Salary:
No. of Hours a Week:
Duties and Responsibilities:
2. Position 2
:
3. Position 3
:
4. Position 4
5. Position 5

For further information, I have attached documents pertinent to Ms. xxxxxx employment history in this company.

Thank you

Too many list of duties and responsibilities for each position, the reason why it reached 3 pages.
Is this ok? 2171 is position 1-3, 2174 is position 4-5. I am applying for 2171. Would you suggest that i remove positions 4 and 5 to avoid confusion by cic?

I worry that if i submitted a 3-page letter and only the last one is signed, cic might think i made up the first 2.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pankaj.kumar said:
thanks for your reply your advise also well noted...

I don;t know at this point of time how should i proov my point but in the registration certificate which is under some regulation of law given to me by SEBI clearly mention that i am securities Sub-broker....this in it self explain that i am sub-broker for sale and purshase of stocks and futures on the National stock Exchange of India.....

secondly company has also mentioned the same registration number on its letter head .

sir i have also added the letter given to me by sebi at the time of registration....i hope it will help

what you think ?

I hope they will agree with me....
I hope they will agree with you too but I'm not optimistic.

The CIC reviewer may not even know what a securities sub-broker is. It's hard to believe because you are one, but there are many people who don't have a clue what that is. The rule of thumb is to never assume CIC understands abbreviations, technical jargon, or specialized aspects of a field. Assume they know ONLY what is in the NOC description, which anyway is the controlling document for job duties matching.

Also, just because you are qualified or licensed to do something, doesn't mean that you did it for your employer. What CIC wants, and what every other successful applicant has provided, is a list of job duties that substantially matches the job duties listed in their NOC.

kbCanada

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 June, 2014
Doc's Request.
DD encashed - 17th Sept, 2014
Nomination.....
PER - 24 Sept, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
03-11-2014
Med's Done....
12-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2015
Hi All,

Looking at the speed at which CIC is processing app i.e. 3.5 months to process apps for first 13 days i.e. till 13 May, I wonder:
1) How many months will CIC take to process my app(2nd June) which is around 20 days away. Another 4 months?
2) If might take another 4 months, my DD validity which is 6 months will be expired?

I believe some other members might be under same condition. Any comments/suggestions on this?

Thanks..

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leiloola said:
OScar, randev and warcelo: thanks for your replies.
LEt's see what happens...

I'm using lawyers in this process. They could have told me to attach extra documents right???? :mad: :mad: :mad:
They should have at least suggested it, if they were being thorough.

cjg1987

Champion Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
kbCanada said:
Hi All,

Looking at the speed at which CIC is processing app i.e. 3.5 months to process apps for first 13 days i.e. till 13 May, I wonder:
1) How many months will CIC take to process my app(2nd June) which is around 20 days away. Another 4 months?
2) If might take another 4 months, my DD validity which is 6 months will be expired?

I believe some other members might be under same condition. Any comments/suggestions on this?

Thanks..
Don't worry about the validity on your DD , so long as it is 6 months.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
teebaby said:
Hello Seniors,

Please i need to make a quick enquiry.
A friend of mine sent her application without sending the self addressed labels but send just one self addressed envelop with her address and CIO address. Please what should she do to amend this? The package has been delivered already. What would happen please? Is this a criteria for return? Please someone who has experience should be response. We need help quickly?

Or should she quickly re-apply?
Not to worry this is not a cause for rejection.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rht said:
Seniors:

My wife's education was in british system, as in a levels/ o levels, and she took 5 years to complete her bachelors of 4 years because of her dual major. so I have two questions:

1. how many years will be in her elementary and secondary?
2. how many years in university (the actual 5 years or the generalized 4 years)? or the one in her ECA report (3 years bachelor degree)?
enter the number of years she actually spent studying at those levels.

ANANJAY

VIP Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb,15
Nomination.....
(PER)AUG,2014
AOR Received.
Second line updated : Oct,14
Med's Request
5 june,2015
Med's Done....
june,2015(third line update 18 june,15)
Passport Req..
Aug,15
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,15
aav said:
Hi all Friends

Application Received Date: May 9th, 2014
CC charged: July 16th, 2014
PER received: August 15th, 2014

My computer is broken. Updating the status through Phone.
Admins - Please if you update the tracking sheet. Thanks in advance.

Good luck to all who are waiting. ..
Congrats aav...

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goku said:

Happy Independence Day to all Indians

Application Received Date: May 9th, 2014
DD Charged according to CIC: July 18th, 2014
DD Cleared from Bank: July 22nd, 2014
PER received: August 15th, 2014 9:52AM EST (10:52AM AST)

SS updated.

Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.