+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohit307

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
09-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
09-10-2014
Med's Done....
27-10-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2015
pippa said:
Just got Per 5' ago, right in my inbox. Thanks everyone :-*

Application received: May 9th
Per: August 15th

I'll update the spreadsheet tomorrow ^_^
Congrats pippa! :)

aav

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Hi all Friends

Application Received Date: May 9th, 2014
CC charged: July 16th, 2014
PER received: August 15th, 2014

My computer is broken. Updating the status through Phone.
Admins - Please if you update the tracking sheet. Thanks in advance.

Good luck to all who are waiting. ..

Christineee

Jun 10, 2014
Dear seniors,
I am preparing docs for FSW214. Have some doubts regarding pay stubs. My salary slip does not contain bank account number. Is that a problem? Also my salary slip does not contain the number of days worked in each month. So for previous 6 months I got same salary. Please advise do i need a cover letter affidavit from employer for these?

thorndike4u

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015 (received by AVO on 27-07-2015)
Nomination.....
02-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
17-12-2014
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
07 May 2016
future_canadian said:
Sorry to hear this.

I sent nothing other than reference letters and got PER. So we can say that they don't need anything else, though other supporting documents could be helpful.

The problem with your application wasn't enough documents, it was that the reviewer did not take from your letters that you performed enough of the duties to be considered employed under 1112. The lead statement (top paragraph of the page, what you might think of as the introduction) and the job duties are most important. The reviewers do not understand technical jargon or abbreviations specific to the fields (especially finance and IT) and you cannot assume that they know what an employee does in any particular NOC. They are looking for the key words contained in the NOC description itself, without it being too obvious of a cut and paste job. It is a tick the boxes exercise.

Good luck with your second application.

Thanks Future! Its no retreat no surrender. 2nd application should be ready by next week.

SACA

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/08/2014
Nomination.....
03/12/2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Request
17/06/2015
Med's Done....
01/07/2015
Passport Req..
11/08/2015
LANDED..........
07/06/2016
Great news, and good luck to you too on the next steps :)

aav said:
Hi all Friends

Application Received Date: May 9th, 2014
CC charged: July 16th, 2014
PER received: August 15th, 2014

My computer is broken. Updating the status through Phone.
Admins - Please if you update the tracking sheet. Thanks in advance.

Good luck to all who are waiting. ..

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sohaib89 said:
Seniors,
Regarding work experience reference letters, can I use the experience letters given by the companies upon resignation and attach my contracts with the letters ? The letters do not mention my salary but the contracts do. Asking this because it is impossible to get reference letters from some of the employers.
Perfectly fine if you need to add additional documents to fill in a missing blank like your salary. But do those leaving letters or contracts give a detailed description of your job duties? Because that is the crucial point and it has to come from someone other than you.

Gensch

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vkay said:
I think dependent age has been reduced to 19 years (can double confirm on new regulations or updated document checklist)
yes, that's why they updated three of the forms (including the fee payment form) in the application package in August (to reflect this change in law.)

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestwishes said:
Hi,

I have a silly question. Is last working day of Dec 2014 the deadline of FSW 2014? Does it mean, as long as the maximum cap (25500) is not reached yet, an application received by CIO on or before last working day of Dec 2014 will still be considered?
On or before April 30, 2015 in fact.

ANANJAY

VIP Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb,15
Nomination.....
(PER)AUG,2014
AOR Received.
Second line updated : Oct,14
Med's Request
5 june,2015
Med's Done....
june,2015(third line update 18 june,15)
Passport Req..
Aug,15
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,15
Suji1234 said:
Experts, I have only put the experience letter given by my manager.. I have not put any supporting docs like offer letter or payslips will that be any issue?? Will CIC reject my file any thoughts please let me know
No buddy, it wont create any issue as pay slips and offer letters are only additional documents,its good if you include them but wnt harm your application if u wont submit them.

PS- you must include 70-80% of job responsibilities in your reference letter

Christineee

Jun 10, 2014
shah2014 said:
@ Christineee

Its just an additional proof of employment, if it has your name........ Use them ...... # of hours, salary etc etc are also covered in ur exp letter, pay stubs is just a form of proof.
Thanks Shah & ANANJAY for ur quick reply :)

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nylra2014 said:
Hi Everyone,

I'd like to seek your advice about my case.

Can I not declare my other dependent who is 17 years old and in her mom's full custody. I have been separated with my ex-wife for almost 15 years (although not legally annulled due to financially burdensome and a very lengthy process- close to impossible thing here in the Philippines). Our situation is not good since, I don't have any plan of sponsoring her now or in the future because I'm sure her mother will not cooperate and even worse will make things very difficult for me.

Please enlighten me.

Thank you in anticipation.
If you are still legally married, you MUST disclose all requested information about your wife and all of your children on your forms, including the generic form, additional family information, background declaration, etc. If you are legally separated, you must provide the relevant document. If you just split up without being legally separated, you can explain that to CIC. You can list your wife and children as non-accompanying, but you MUST list them. (Even if you are divorced, you'd need to disclose your former wife and show the divorce certificate.) They may run background checks on your wife even if you are separated.

If your wife will not cooperate by providing copies of her documents and filling out the forms, you can explain to CIC the situation and see what they say. But whatever information you can provide (at least you still remember her name, date of birth, etc., correct?), you MUST provide it. Anything less is a misrepresentation that will result in rejection.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
loraq617 said:
Hi guys, got my IELTS results today. And it's positive, im so happy!

Can I ask your opinion here please?

I have more than 10 years work experience from 1 company, same department but 5 different positions. 1st 2 positions are for NOC 2174 (Programme), for 2 years. And the last 3 positions are for NOC 2171 (Information Systems Analyst and Consultant) which is 9 years.

My question is: if my letter will come from 1 person, and the letter describing all my job descriptions and details will be more than 1 page, do I need to let all the pages signed by my supervisor to make it credible? If that's the case, do you have a template? Ive never seen a letter with all the pages signed yet.

Any suggestions please? Many thanks.
There isn't any requirement for it to be signed on all pages. A signature at the end applies to the whole letter.

You should be very explicit about the dates you worked in each position, and your duties in each position. Two reasons. First, you apparently qualify under both 2171 and 2174. 2171 is less hot so you should apply under that, but just in case you need to use this letter again later for whatever purpose, you want to be able to use it as support for 2174 in case of need. Also, if the letter simply states that you held x number of positions over the course of your employment and lists a bunch of duties, it may not be clear to CIC how much experience you have and in which NOC.

Good luck!

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sairahmad said:
If any of my documents are in Urdu (Marriage Certificate or Birth Certificate) and I get them translated in English, do I need to get an affidavit for each translated document or get it notarized? If affidavit is required, Can I get a combined one affidavit for all documents translated or a separate one for each document?
Read the Guide carefully. There are instructions for translated documents. Follow them exactly.

ANANJAY

VIP Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb,15
Nomination.....
(PER)AUG,2014
AOR Received.
Second line updated : Oct,14
Med's Request
5 june,2015
Med's Done....
june,2015(third line update 18 june,15)
Passport Req..
Aug,15
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,15
bestwishes said:
Seniors, pls advise..................................

As proof of work experience, I have the following:
- a experience letter from HR on letterhead states the period of employment, current position, current salary
- a reference letter from supervisor on plain letter states job position helds, main job duties and responsibilities
- promotion letters from HR on letterhead

Do u think I have got sufficient proof? If I explain in a cover letter that I am not able to obtain reference letter with main job duties and responsibilities on letterhead due to company policy, do I still need to include an affidavit? If an affidavit is required, what to write on the affidavit, same as cover letter?
Pls include no of working hours,no of working days and full time paid work, and include your supervisors visiting card.

No need to give any affidavit, a cover letter will do.

PS- if you can obtain a email from your companys HR that they dont issue such letters,it will solve all the issues

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
S2174 said:
U need translation only n get it notarized. Make sure to send copy of the original documents as well along with translation. No need of affidavit
Incorrect. The Guide is very explicit on this. A translated document requires:

1. The translation,

2. An affidavit from the person who translated the document, AND

3. A copy of the original.

It says so right in the Guide. Doing anything less would be suicidal. We have already seen a couple of rejections because of improper handling of translated documents.

Status
Not open for further replies.