+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

taim_ch

Jul 11, 2014
Dears, can anybody help me how to get DD in CAD from a Pakistani bank. I visited Standard Chartered and they informed me that they do not issue DD in foreign currency. Also on DD which Canadian Bank should I mention.

I also need to know is it mandatory to get the photocpies attested by notary public. In this forum I read somewhere that it is not mandatory but in 2013 FSWP forum it is mentioned by different people several times that it is mandatory so I am confused.

Can we send PCC later on - it takes long time ( in weeks ) and my application will be delayed if I wait for it

ANANJAY

VIP Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb,15
Nomination.....
(PER)AUG,2014
AOR Received.
Second line updated : Oct,14
Med's Request
5 june,2015
Med's Done....
june,2015(third line update 18 june,15)
Passport Req..
Aug,15
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,15
taim_ch said:
Dears, can anybody help me how to get DD in CAD from a Pakistani bank. I visited Standard Chartered and they informed me that they do not issue DD in foreign currency. Also on DD which Canadian Bank should I mention. I also need to know is it mandatory to get the photocpies attested by notary public. In this forum I read somewhere that it is not mandatory but in 2013 FSWP forum it is mentioned by different people several times that it is mandatory so I am confused.
Try thomos Cook if you have any branch nearby...
Nd attestation is not mandatory...
Its upto you....

Canadain1234

Jul 11, 2014
Friends...Urgent Help required....I completed my Bachelors and Masters from India..I completed my Bachelors from JNTU but I did my Masters from XIMB (PGDM).

Unfortunately, XIMB was not listed in the universities mentioned by WES. It is a private college not affiliated to any particular university. However, the course PGDM is recognised by AICTE.

In this context, I am planning to submit to WES the following documents:
1. Consolidated Marks list of PGDM
2. My original certificate of PGDM
3. A letter as a proof that my course is recognised by AICTE and
4.Finally, a notary saying that all the info mentioned is true.

There is no Registrar for our college but we have a department of Examinations.

Friends ...pls let me know whether these documents will be enough or do I need to submit any more?

Also, what is the difference in number of points for a Bachelors degree and Masters Degree?

ANANJAY

VIP Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb,15
Nomination.....
(PER)AUG,2014
AOR Received.
Med's Request
5 june,2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Aug,15
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,15
cjg1987 said:
How should I fill Additional Family Information form for my Spouse? Is it required?

A. Absolutely! It is a required document and your spouse should fill it. The form asks for “Applicant” and not “Principal Applicant“. Take care of it when filling the form. You, as a Principal applicant will write your name in “Applicant” Column and you will write your wife/husbands name in “Spouse” column.

Similarly, when your spouse is filling the form, he/she will write his/her name in the “Applicant” row & your name in the “Spouse“.

For both forms, you will write your kids details [if any], or will sign the declaration at the bottom of second section for no kids.

The last table will be filled separately by the two of you with your own siblings.
+1 for making it so clear...

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
taim_ch said:
Dears, can anybody help me how to get DD in CAD from a Pakistani bank. I visited Standard Chartered and they informed me that they do not issue DD in foreign currency. You can use Thomas Cook Also on DD which Canadian Bank should I mention. You dont mention any bank on a draft, the draft should be made out to The Receiver General of Canada I also need to know is it mandatory to get the photocopies attested by notary public. In this forum I read somewhere that it is not mandatory but in 2013 FSWP forum it is mentioned by different people several times that it is mandatory so I am confused. It is not compulsory for photocopies of your documents to be notarised as per CIC guidelines, but people just want to add further authenticity to their documents so they get the copies notarised. The choice is yours
All the best :)

LittleOwl

May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kyiv, UA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
Nomination.....
31-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
15-04-2015
Passport Req..
30-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
Attestation of photocopies that are not in English is mandatory.
As for notary public - in my country, public and private notaries have the same authority and do the same things. I attested my documents with private notary (it's more expensive but faster, because there are huge queues at public notaries). I am just praying and hoping it will be fine.

venkat2014

Jul 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Nomination.....
22/10/2014
Med's Request
28/11/2014
Med's Done....
04/12/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27/02/2015
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/2015
taim_ch said:
Dears, can anybody help me how to get DD in CAD from a Pakistani bank. I visited Standard Chartered and they informed me that they do not issue DD in foreign currency. Also on DD which Canadian Bank should I mention.

I also need to know is it mandatory to get the photocpies attested by notary public. In this forum I read somewhere that it is not mandatory but in 2013 FSWP forum it is mentioned by different people several times that it is mandatory so I am confused.

Can we send PCC later on - it takes long time ( in weeks ) and my application will be delayed if I wait for it
I'm not sure where to get DD.
You have to get notarized for documents which are translated to english.
Yes you can send PCC later

ANANJAY

VIP Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb,15
Nomination.....
(PER)AUG,2014
AOR Received.
Med's Request
5 june,2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Aug,15
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,15
taim_ch said:

Attestation is mandatory for translated documents only...it has been already cleared by senior members of this forum

Nd u can send pcc later when your file will be transferred to local VO...

dhanu 786

May 28, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014[CC Charged]
Nomination.....
07-08-2014 [PER MAIL]
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
07-05-2014
File Transfer...
02-09-2014
Med's Request
04-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-01-2015
LittleOwl said:
Attestation of photocopies that are not in English is mandatory.
As for notary public - in my country, public and private notaries have the same authority and do the same things. I attested my documents with private notary (it's more expensive but faster, because there are huge queues at public notaries). I am just praying and hoping it will be fine.
owl that too little one!
U r fine. .thats okay
:-*

farhaantariq

May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taim_ch said:

brother u can use the following solutions

1. you can get DD from any INTERNATIONAL (CITI, Standard Chartered, HSBC, Habib Metropolitan Zurich, Bank AlFalah, e.t.c.) bank in Pakistan if you have a foreign currency account preferably in US$ or CAD$ (which I guess you don't have).

2. there are a lot of State Bank Certified money exchanges in KARACHI (I don't know in which city u belong) which make DD or Pay Order to pay Immigration fees or Student fees for US and Canada. I made my CAD$ draft from WallStreet Exchange, it has branches all over the city, I used the Hyderi Branch. if you don't live in Pakistan, don't worry, I m sure u have relatives, u can send them the required amount and they can get DD for you which they can send you via DHL or any other service. if u don't have any relatives (by chance) or you don't want their help, don't worry contact the exchange on phone, explain them ur situation, take their account number, send the amount to their account along with color photocopies of your passport and other required documents (ask them what is needed) and they will make DD for you and post it to you (they will send via local post, pay them DHL fees to get it soon).

3. you can buy a ticket, very easily fly to Pakistan, open a foreign currency bank account and then ask bank to make DD for u or if you don't want that hassle you can visit any certified exchange for that.

one thing I want to ask....if u r living in Canada, y u want DD made from Pakistan? just want to know.

ABOUT PCC

brother who told u making pcc takes weeks? I made my pcc (I live in FB Area, my concerned police station is Gulberg Police Station) and it took me max 12 working days to get. they gave me form to fill it for me and my wife (my case was special as my wife is Bangladeshi national so it took 5 more days to investigate as BD and Indian people are investigated very deeply due to govt conflicts and SH-IT things going on) and get it attested from 17 grade or above govt officer, I submitted it the next day along with required docs, it took 12 days to receive it from police station.

hope this helps u.

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
NSharawat21 said:
Thansk Ashif Bhai ,

I am trying to help where i am confident enough to help others :) ...thansk for your generosity . If possible in my life time will meet you once to say thanks personally :) . People like you are rare in this world . Not sure whether i will get this PR or not but have seen a person of your caliber in this world is really rare , thansk again for your helpful nature
shakti123 said:
Ashif is a good helpful guy,,, hope he get's his PR soon.

Thanks brother,

For ur inspirations....

Keep me in ur prayer...

Hope and wish- we all thread members have a get together atleast once on the land of Canada.... :D

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
farhaantariq said:
brother u can use the following solutions

1. you can get DD from any INTERNATIONAL (CITI, Standard Chartered, HSBC, Habib Metropolitan Zurich, Bank AlFalah, e.t.c.) bank in Pakistan if you have a foreign currency account preferably in US$ or CAD$ (which I guess you don't have).

2. there are a lot of State Bank Certified money exchanges in KARACHI (I don't know in which city u belong) which make DD or Pay Order to pay Immigration fees or Student fees for US and Canada. I made my CAD$ draft from WallStreet Exchange, it has branches all over the city, I used the Hyderi Branch. if you don't live in Pakistan, don't worry, I m sure u have relatives, u can send them the required amount and they can get DD for you which they can send you via DHL or any other service. if u don't have any relatives (by chance) or you don't want their help, don't worry contact the exchange on phone, explain them ur situation, take their account number, send the amount to their account along with color photocopies of your passport and other required documents (ask them what is needed) and they will make DD for you and post it to you (they will send via local post, pay them DHL fees to get it soon).

3. you can buy a ticket, very easily fly to Pakistan, open a foreign currency bank account and then ask bank to make DD for u or if you don't want that hassle you can visit any certified exchange for that.

one thing I want to ask....if u r living in Canada, y u want DD made from Pakistan? just want to know.

ABOUT PCC

brother who told u making pcc takes weeks? I made my pcc (I live in FB Area, my concerned police station is Gulberg Police Station) and it took me max 12 working days to get. they gave me form to fill it for me and my wife (my case was special as my wife is Bangladeshi national so it took 5 more days to investigate as BD and Indian people are investigated very deeply due to govt conflicts and SH-IT things going on) and get it attested from 17 grade or above govt officer, I submitted it the next day along with required docs, it took 12 days to receive it from police station.

hope this helps u.

+1 shah2014 brother.......:D

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
cjg1987 said:
How should I fill Additional Family Information form for my Spouse? Is it required?

A. Absolutely! It is a required document and your spouse should fill it. The form asks for “Applicant” and not “Principal Applicant“. Take care of it when filling the form. You, as a Principal applicant will write your name in “Applicant” Column and you will write your wife/husbands name in “Spouse” column.

Similarly, when your spouse is filling the form, he/she will write his/her name in the “Applicant” row & your name in the “Spouse“.

For both forms, you will write your kids details [if any], or will sign the declaration at the bottom of second section for no kids.

The last table will be filled separately by the two of you with your own siblings.

+1 for ur descriptive answer mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.