+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
migrator2014 said:
Hey guys ...

This question may sound to be coming to early. I read somewhere that maximum number of application were received at CIC on 7th May. Anybody has idea how many application did they receive post 7th May? And do we expect CIC to fall in love with a particular date again?
Hi, your post is not very clear. Do you mean to ask if a particular NOC's cap of 1000 applications has been reached or that the entire 25,000 caps for FSW 2014 has been reached? On both counts, this is not possible as at May 7th.
Nobody has any idea how many application were received by CIC after May 7th, nobody can tell how many were complete and how many will be returned.
CIC does not fall in love with any particular date, it's just a coincidence that a large of number of applications were received by CIC on May 7th and May 8th and they must be cleared before they move to May 9th applications. Also, CIC is still clearing up backlog from FSW 2011 and 2013.
Please be clearer next time when asking questions so we can provide you useful answers, cheers.

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
migrator2014 said:
Hey guys ...

This question may sound to be coming to early. I read somewhere that maximum number of application were received at CIC on 7th May. Anybody has idea how many application did they receive post 7th May? And do we expect CIC to fall in love with a particular date again?
ha ha ha ha. LOL.

I think it will be otherwise. Mike&Co by now started hating 7th and it will probably persist till 15th.

+1 for your humor.

Nov 4, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO/Mississauga office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014/03-11-2017
AOR Received.
06-01-2015/10-01-2018
IELTS Request
Provided upfront
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
24-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-30-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2015
LANDED..........
Already in Canada :P
namaste said:
Nothing new here, the same horn that's been tooted for a long time now. Still, there is a lack of specific details about the rules that will be placed. For example, how are they going to rank candidates for invitation? Or is being nominated by an employer or a province necessary for invitation? And what's going to happen to the current applicants whose applications aren't already processed by Jan 2015? Will they be placed in the same pool as the new applicants? Or is there an option to do so?

At least for me, unless these details are specified, there is no new NEWS yet.
The applicants applying in FSWP 2014 will be processed under same way even if their processing takes place beyond 2015, of course their app should be within CAP and accepted. New apps might overlap with existing applications.
2014 app will not be placed in new poool. If not accepted this time will have to apply fresh as next year its gonna be express entry or online application. So no paper application anymore.

I believe express entry will be very biased to people already in canada either on Work permit or Student. Otherwise, if it is mandatory to have a job (which i believe it is) before applying PR why would employer wait for 6 months to get someone from outside, i dont understand!! We will get more clarity as we proceed. Hoping to get our processing done within 2014. :)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=869&t=6

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
Lemon Grass said:
Thanks. Can I use several lines. I have several duties. Also I think i saw somewhere in the forum that some seniors were saying that we only have to list the third country information. Please suggest.
A criminal can do crime anywhere regardless it is first world or developing country. Without the information, CIO could not check background.

So, an applicant have to list all the countries whether 1st world or developing country.

smharry

Jul 9, 2014
patecole said:
Have faith, have you asked your CC company if any billing/charge attempts were made against your card, and if so, did it fail to go through, with reason if at all it didnt
I checked with Credit card company, no charge made.

v_i_r_u_s

May 9, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
18-09-2014
File Transfer...
18-09-2014
Med's Request
02-03-2015
Med's Done....
05-03-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
07-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015
LANDED..........
25-10-2015
Kinda tensed to see the application status page today.
My CC charged on 3rd July but I could not find any change in the application status page till now..I tried to check via my UCI..

Anyone faced similar issue?

venkat2014

Jul 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/06/2014
Nomination.....
22/10/2014
Med's Request
28/11/2014
Med's Done....
04/12/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27/02/2015
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/2015
patecole said:
Have faith, have you asked your CC company if any billing/charge attempts were made against your card, and if so, did it fail to go through, with reason if at all it didnt
My advice is to prepare new application package, mean while check the application status using this link

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.210035541.1100786345.1404417216

do you have eca, ielts, PCC in original ?

patecole

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
smharry said:
What about attempts to charge your card? They should have record of this...

However, and to the best of my knowledge and do stand to be corrected, it come down to either - your docuements are not complete/your reference letters dont match the NOC # chosen...

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
24 said:
The applicants applying in FSWP 2014 will be processed under same way even if their processing takes place beyond 2015, of course their app should be within CAP and accepted. New apps might overlap with existing applications.
2014 app will not be placed in new poool. If not accepted this time will have to apply fresh as next year its gonna be express entry or online application. So no paper application anymore.

I believe it is very biased to people already in canada either on Work permit or Student. Otherwise, if it is mandatory to have a job (which i believe it is) before applying PR why would employer wait for 6 months to get someone from outside, i dont understand!! We will get more clarity as we proceed. Hoping to get our processing done within 2014. :)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=869&t=6
It is also confusing that they said FSW 2014 is "in preparation for the espress entry." This statement and the fact that they are accepting lots more applicants than they used to for the FSW program this year raises some flag for me. May be people will be allowed to apply for express entry even if they have already applied for 2014.

But from articles on this subject in the media, the express entry appears to be more of a permanent solution to the temporary work permit issue. At least that's what it's being advertised as "employers can bring in people with job offer directly as a permanent resident bypassing the need to apply for temporary work permit." The process for applying for temporary work permit (including getting LMO) can take upto 6 months already. Now, the employee can come to Canada with a PR instead of a work permit.

But yes, the details of express entry are yet to come and we can only speculate at this time. No indication so far, how the nomination and invitation will be extended.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
namaste said:
Nothing new here, the same horn that's been tooted for a long time now. Still, there is a lack of specific details about the rules that will be placed. For example, how are they going to rank candidates for invitation? Or is being nominated by an employer or a province necessary for invitation? And what's going to happen to the current applicants whose applications aren't already processed by Jan 2015? Will they be placed in the same pool as the new applicants? Or is there an option to do so?

At least for me, unless these details are specified, there is no new NEWS yet.
Well, I don't know what you mean by 'horn being tooted for a long time'. Information about Expression of Interest has always been available, I guess you don't know where to look (http://www.immigration.ca/en/immigrationnewsarticles-menu/152-canada-immigration-news-articles/2014/april/738-express-entry-immigration-program-to-launch-in-2015.html). :) Though the Canadian government has repeatedly said the model is being worked out, see below for some more details:
The Canadian Government plans to launch a new immigration system that would offer express entry to qualified immigrants for filling open jobs for which there are no available Canadian workers in 2015.

Named Express Entry – formerly referred to as Expression of Interest – this program would provide swifter entry into Canada, wherein the government and employers would select immigrants based on the skills and attributes that Canada needs. Canada's new immigration system would come into force from January 01, 2015. Under this system, prospective immigrants would apply to express their interest in coming to Canada by answering a series of questions about their professional skills, their education, languages spoken etc.

The system would then match the skills of the prospective immigrants with the labour requirements identified by the provinces, the territories and employers.

Immigration Minister Chris Alexander said that Canadian employers would be able to bring workers into Canada through the Express Entry system, with the long-term objective of making them stay behind in Canada. In a press conference, he said, "You can bring your labour market opinion, your job offer, to the Express Entry system and ensure that the person you need comes to Canada as an immigrant, not as a temporary foreign worker. Not as someone who is here with an uncertain future and likely to go back, but as a full immigrant to Canada".

Alexander said that prospective immigrants who apply via the Provincial Nominee Program could also benefit under this system as long as the concerned province and territory brought their program under the federal one. Immigration authorities would extend invitations to Express Entry candidates for applying for permanent residence if they have a valid job offer or a provincial or territorial nomination.

Other features of the Express Entry program include the fact that Canada would be able to select the best candidates, who would be able to achieve success in Canada, rather than just the next person in the queue. Immigration authorities would also have access to an improved Job Bank for matching Canadian employers with the most suitable Express Entry Candidates.

The Government plans to invest $14 million over two years and $4.7 million thereafter, to ensure that Express Entry is a success.

Source: CBC News

Binn

Jun 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smharry said:
I have applied under 2171 category. My application was received by Mike on May 1st, 2014. My CC is not charged, nor have I received any communication.
Going through several posts, it seems that CIC is done processing all the applications till May 7th. Do I still have a chance or have I missed the opportunity this year ?

buddy, try to contact CIC through phone or mail..

aav

Star Member
May 12, 2013
patecole said:
Yes check with your cc company. And then also check with CIC before assuming anything negative on your case. Atleast for fsw application - so far what I have understood is "No News is not bad news. It could well be just delay"

be hopeful until you hear anything negative from either CIC or your CC company. All the best !!

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
smharry said:
Brother, if you are 1st May applicant and don't heard anything, you need to email CIO at CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry@cic.gc.ca to know your status. Give your full name, DoB, and passport number.

Also mentally plan to send 2nd applicant after getting the e-mail from CIO if not get your package back.

Best of luck.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Pipis Husband said:
Well, I don't know what you mean by 'horn being tooted for a long time'. Information about Expression of Interest has always been available, I guess you don't know where to look (immigration.ca/en/immigrationnewsarticles-menu/152-canada-immigration-news-articles/2014/april/738-express-entry-immigration-program-to-launch-in-2015.html). :) Though the Canadian government has repeatedly said the model is being worked out, see below for some more details:
The Canadian Government plans to launch a new immigration system that would offer express entry to qualified immigrants for filling open jobs for which there are no available Canadian workers in 2015.

Named Express Entry – formerly referred to as Expression of Interest – this program would provide swifter entry into Canada, wherein the government and employers would select immigrants based on the skills and attributes that Canada needs. Canada's new immigration system would come into force from January 01, 2015. Under this system, prospective immigrants would apply to express their interest in coming to Canada by answering a series of questions about their professional skills, their education, languages spoken etc.

The system would then match the skills of the prospective immigrants with the labour requirements identified by the provinces, the territories and employers.

Immigration Minister Chris Alexander said that Canadian employers would be able to bring workers into Canada through the Express Entry system, with the long-term objective of making them stay behind in Canada. In a press conference, he said, "You can bring your labour market opinion, your job offer, to the Express Entry system and ensure that the person you need comes to Canada as an immigrant, not as a temporary foreign worker. Not as someone who is here with an uncertain future and likely to go back, but as a full immigrant to Canada".

Alexander said that prospective immigrants who apply via the Provincial Nominee Program could also benefit under this system as long as the concerned province and territory brought their program under the federal one. Immigration authorities would extend invitations to Express Entry candidates for applying for permanent residence if they have a valid job offer or a provincial or territorial nomination.

Other features of the Express Entry program include the fact that Canada would be able to select the best candidates, who would be able to achieve success in Canada, rather than just the next person in the queue. Immigration authorities would also have access to an improved Job Bank for matching Canadian employers with the most suitable Express Entry Candidates.

The Government plans to invest $14 million over two years and $4.7 million thereafter, to ensure that Express Entry is a success.

Source: CBC News
That is exactly what I mean by "the same horn being tooted." That is, the information in the link you gave is not new, and that we have known that for a long time now. Other than what is stated there, or in any other articles, there are no new details on express entry. So, your claim that some people know the details can't be true (because they haven't been announced yet). And you quoted it yourself ,"the model is being worked out." And I repeat again, NO SPECIFIC DETAILS yet other than some clues as to what might happen. If you think otherwise, then why don't you answer the questions here:
1) how are they going to rank candidates for invitation?
2)Is being nominated by an employer or a province necessary for invitation?
3) Does not having a job offer mean no invitation?

Sandy2014

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harka007 said:
what I will suggest is that you submit roles and responsibilities of company A on an official company letter head the way CIC wants it...as this will fulfill the 15 points criteria.

Additionally, submit the roles and responsibility of Company B on a notarized affidavit and explain it in the cover letter as to why you submitted this on affidavit and why you were not able to get the job duties on official letter head. However, do not forget to attach the offer letter and relieving letter for this company as this will support you affidavit and cover letter.

Lastly, forget about Company C and mention that in the form where it asks for employment gaps (don't remember the form number) like you were unemployed trying for job etc.

If this is done you should be fine...as few of my friends did submit their files through consultants and the consultants were mainly focused on the last 6 years of employment history with job duties but they also attached the offer letter and relieving letter of the past companies (without job duties) to support their complete work experience.

Hope this helps...Best of Luck...!!!
Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts on this. Will there be any problem if we need to mention about Company C though we do not have any documents? But the problem is we cannot prove this as the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.