+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbb8

Jun 19, 2014
Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application...
Med's Request
18-03-2015
Med's Done....
05-04-2015
Passport Req..
21-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
Obtaining Canadian Citizenship May Soon Become Harder

February, 2014

Last week, the Canadian government announced its plans to enact sweeping reforms to the Canadian Citizenship Act. These reforms, the first major changes since 1977, will affect the process of applying for Canadian citizenship and introduce new rules for some Canadian citizens.

The proposed changes have been tabled in a bill before Canadian Parliament. Though it may be months before the bill is passed, when it does the path to Canadian Citizenship may become a lot more challenging for many Canadian permanent residents.

Below is a brief outline of the proposed changes, as well as important information for current and future citizenship applicants:

The Changes

According to the government, the proposed changes are intended to strengthen the value of Canadian citizenship and streamline the application process. They are grouped under four broad categories:
■‘Blueprint for citizenship improvements’;
■‘Reinforcing the value of Canadian citizenship’;
■‘Cracking down on citizenship fraud’; and
■‘Protecting and promoting Canada’s interests and values’.

Within each of the categories are lists of specific legislative changes. They are as follows:

Blueprint for citizenship improvements

This category will introduce new rules and procedures that will streamline the overall program and application process. They are:
■Speed up processing times by reducing the application review process from three steps to one step;
■Increase the citizenship application fee from $100 to $300 per person;
■Require up-front proof of certain requirements; and
■Change certain parts of the judicial review and appeal process as well as the process for issuing discretionary grants.

Reinforcing the value of Canadian citizenship

This category includes changes that will modify residency and other requirements for program eligibility. They are:
■Increase residency requirements from 3 out of 4 years to 4 out of 6 years;
■No longer count time spent in Canada as a non-permanent residents (such as student or worker) towards the residency requirements for a citizenship application;
■Require citizenship applicants to declare their intent to reside in Canada;
■Require applicants to file Canadian income taxes, only if required to file;
■Expand the age group for applicants required to demonstrate language proficiency and take a knowledge test. The group is currently 18-54, and will be expanded to 14-64; and
■Extend citizenship to ‘lost Canadians’ such as those born to Canadian soldiers abroad during wartime.

Cracking down on citizenship fraud

This category will introduce new policies that will seek to discourage fraud, whether it is from crooked consultants or applicants themselves. The new rules are:
■Designate a regulatory body whose members may act as consultants in citizenship matters;
■Increase penalties for citizenship fraud; and
■Streamline the process of revoking citizenship in exceptional cases.

Protecting and Promoting Canada’s interests and values

This final category includes new rules that will change not only the way some groups of individuals are issued citizenship, but also how some citizens may lose their citizenship. They are:
■Fast-track citizenship applications for permanent residents who join the Canadian Armed Forces;
■Introduce the ability to revoke or deny citizenship to individuals who commit ‘acts of terrorism or acts against Canadian interests’;
■Expand citizenship-by-descent rules so that children born to Canadian government agency workers abroad may pass on their Canadian citizenship;
■Bar citizenship for individuals charged with or convicted of serious criminality; and
■Update the Citizenship Act to ensure that international adoptions are done in accordance with the Hague Convention on Inter-country Adoption.

What this Means for Current Applicants

It is important to the note that the above changes are part of a bill, and that they have not yet been implemented. Depending on the political process, it could take months before the bill becomes law. Until then, any parts of the bill may be added, subtracted or modified.

“Right now we are in a grace period of sorts, but it won’t last long,” said Attorney David Cohen. “Eligible applicants should absolutely seize the moment and apply right away. If and when the rules change, some may not have another shot at citizenship for a considerable time.”

What this Means for Future Applicants

Of course, Canadian permanent residents have no option but to wait until they fulfill residency requirements or are otherwise eligible to apply for citizenship. In the meantime, they can take what they know about the upcoming changes and begin preparing for their citizenship application in advance.

For instance, individuals who think they need to improve their English or French language skills can begin doing so now. Other future applicants may chose to begin learning about Canadian history and civics so as to prepare for the knowledge test. They should also pay close attention to developments in the realm of Canadian citizenship, and take note of how new announcements may affect their candidacy.

Regardless of how they choose to proceed, potential Canadian citizens should be aware that many of the rules above require significant clarifications in terms of requirements and implementation. New developments will be posted on CIC News as they are announced.

“Although the changes being made to the Citizenship Act are significant, applicants should take heart,” said Attorney David Cohen. “They have already done the hard part and gained entry to Canada as permanent residents. They now have the benefit of living in the country and being familiar with Canadian society. As long as they prepare their applications carefully, I trust that they will be able to achieve the final step in their immigration journey, and become full Canadian citizens.”

k0lut

Jun 9, 2014
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
[COLOR=BLUE]Manila[/COLOR]
NOC Code......
[COLOR=BLUE]2281[/COLOR]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[COLOR=BLUE]09-29-2014[/COLOR]
Doc's Request.
[COLOR=BLUE]CHARGED: 12-13-2015[/COLOR]
Nomination.....
[COLOR=BLUE]PER: 01-13-2015[/COLOR]
Med's Request
[COLOR=BLUE]07-22-2015[/COLOR]
Med's Done....
[COLOR=BLUE]07-29-2015[/COLOR]
Passport Req..
[COLOR=BLUE]08-12-2015[/COLOR]
VISA ISSUED...
[COLOR=BLUE]09-11-2015[/COLOR]
LANDED..........
[COLOR=BLUE]01-XX-2016[/COLOR]
tony1980 said:
funds can be tracked i will tel u how it all goes

first tell me ur country and bank name and the dd payable to which city in canada
tony1980,
I'm from Philippines, Bank name is BPI, payee is RECEIVER GENERAL FOR CANADA.

HDG

Jun 10, 2014
Hi All,

Just wanted to confirm, the cap update says

The number of complete federal skilled worker applications received as of May 4, 2013 is an estimate

What does it mean????

rbb8

Jun 19, 2014
Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application...
Med's Request
18-03-2015
Med's Done....
05-04-2015
Passport Req..
21-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
Government Announces Final Passage of Bill C-24

Friday, 20 June 2014 Category Other topics

Canadian Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander announced yesterday that reforms to the Citizenship Act have received final passage and Royal Assent. These reforms are the first major changes to the program since 1977. The changes will affect the application process for immigration to Canada, and enforce new rules for some Canadian citizens.

According to the government, the changes were put in place to streamline the immigration process, and to reinforce the value of Canadian citizenship. They also aim to crack down on citizenship fraud, and to protect Canada’s interests and values.

The bill has created controversy since its announcement in February, as the government now has the ability to revoke or deny citizenship to individuals who commit ‘acts of terrorism or acts against Canadian interests’.

“Our government is proud to announce that the first comprehensive reforms to the Citizenship Act in a generation have now become law. Moving forward, the value of citizenship will be reinforced and new citizens will be able to acquire citizenship more quickly,” said Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander. “Our government has strengthened the rules around access to citizenship to ensure that they reflect its true value, and that new citizens are better prepared for full participation for life in Canada. Canadian citizenship is highly valued around the world and, with this balanced set of reforms, our government is ensuring that this remains so.”

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashif_eee said:
I dont think it is advantageous to send two copies....

Send the required one....:)
Yes, it is strongly advisable to send two sets of fingerprint.
I sent three of them. Because if one of them has a problem they can verify from second/third copy.

Hope that helps.

KAMMAR

Star Member
Jun 27, 2010
Hi guys,

I'm ready to send my application but I have a question about the WES report.

My report has one page which includes:

Canadian Equivlance Summary

Credential Analysis.

It does not include the transcript. They sent it to another address :( and I do not wanna wait until I get them. Is it alright to send a copy of my transcript instead of WES evaluation of my transcript since I already have the degree evaluated.

please reply asap,

Thanks,
-K

bluemav

Jul 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=#4294EB]Manila[/color]
NOC Code......
[color=#4294EB]2281[/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[color=#4294EB]15-05-2014[/color] PER_Received..: [color=#4294EB]04-09-2014[/color]
Med's Request
[color=#4294EB]29-09-2014[/color]
Passport Req..
[color=#4294EB]22-10-2014[/color]
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
00-00-0000 [img]http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/blue-face/excited-facial-expression-smiley-emoticon.png[/img]
k0lut said:
tony1980,
I'm from Philippines, Bank name is BPI, payee is RECEIVER GENERAL FOR CANADA.
Congrats! Same here from Phil..
We have Pinoy FSW 2014 Thread
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fswp-2014-pinoy-aspirants-lets-connect-here-t198983.3375.html

GoodLuck Sir. ;)

fsw_2014_2281

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
HDG said:
Hi All,

Just wanted to confirm, the cap update says

The number of complete federal skilled worker applications received as of May 4, 2013 is an estimate

What does it mean????
Exactly!!!! Really not able to understand what they mean

jsb85

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shahid_canadaim said:
Hi,

I have a question, need help and suggestion from all the lovely seniors -

"I have completed B.E (Engineering) and D.C.T (Diploma) I got my transcripts for B.E but the Diploma transcripts is taking time, its already more than 20days and still I am not getting response from them. I have logged a complaint and will be traveling to the University which is in different city.
I have done Diploma a 2 years course and B.E is 3 years for me not 4 years."

So, the question is - Is sending the transcript for B.E (which is the higher degree) should suffice or it is mandatory for me to send both transcripts B.E + Diploma to W.E.S ?

Have a nice day and do take care.

Warm regards,
Shahid Saud
Dear Shahid Saud,

In my opinion and based upon my experience , you should mandatory send both B.E and Diploma transcripts to fetch more points for your B.E degree i.e. 21 otherwise they treat your B.E as 3 years course and you will fetch 19 points. It's better to always keep yourself on the safer side...Currently the time taken by WES to finish the evaluation is minimum 21 days..Now you have to decide, want to complete evaluation in a one go or invest more time. ;)

So, please follow up with your university very hard to get the transcripts.

Best of Luck.

aish19

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
10-10-2014
Med's Request
24-01-15
Med's Done....
5-2-15
Interview........
19-01-15
Passport Req..
28/2/15
hi guys,
i have send the application to Canada, it reached CIO on 9th June. will CIO inform that they received my application. how will i know the status of my application.
and how do i update the spread sheet

neel-here

Champion Member
May 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It makes sense.. but there's still more PER's to be issued for 5th May (or prior) Applicants... so actual nos. could be higher 8)

siouxe said:
I think the latest cap updates was up to May 5 only. It is because based on the SS, no May 6 applicants got their PER. Am i right?

xp1984

Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Nomination.....
14-05-2014
AOR Received.
29-08-2014
IELTS Request
Submit with file
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
18-11-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
in march
its 42 days of file received ,
DD not clered yet,,,, :eek: :eek:

tamsam21

Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2014
Nomination.....
Oct 2014
AOR Received.
Nov 2014
ashif_eee said:
Brother,

Its not very much transparent that how they verify all information..

But it is alws random check....Sometimes they used to use third party companies....

For the bank, they do checks which is also not clear to me ...!

Thanks... Did you face any inquiry in your case since you applied last year already...??

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
aish19 said:
hi guys,
i have send the application to Canada, it reached CIO on 9th June. will CIO inform that they received my application. how will i know the status of my application.
Dear,

CIC will not send acknowledgement of receipt...

First of all, u will need to have PER email with UCI number from CIC. After then u can check ur app status on online by this UCI number...Smiley

below is the link for checking status..

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas

Spreadsheet update/entry process

1. please give your input through http://tinyurl.com/FSW14-Entry

2. After successful entry into the form, you will be redirected to a page. Please click on the "Edit your response"

3. Now you will redirected to another page, where you will find all your current entry in a from. For change or add entry in future either bookmark the page or copy and save the address from the address bar.

bitingbugz

May 8, 2014
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Med's Request
20-07-1989
Med's Done....
24-07-1989
aish19 said:
hi guys,
No they will not inform.
Track it by the tracking number provided by your courier service ..
Update the Spreadsheet by this link http://tinyurl.com/FSW14-Spreadsheet
make a bookmark of it when you fill it for future updation purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.