+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

balars4

Feb 25, 2014
migratecanada2012 said:
Guys,

Any update so far from CIC when they are about to update numbers ...may is going to over with in this week.
Having the fact no one got PER, how they will update. We need to wait for more 15days, just before only CC charging started.

cjg1987

Champion Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
Guys according to below website 27th is a holiday in Canada??

http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/canada/

droslim

Star Member
May 27, 2014
Sir can help me out...
I realized I have left out the experience letter when I sent my application to CIO last week, confirmed received via tracking. I would like to urgently send it over now, referencing my completed application form (IM0008) and other documents. Would the CIC assist to attach it to my file once they receive it? Any help is much appreciated.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
[size=10pt]FAQ – Before Submission

Q. How to fill forms or what if I do not have a document that is required?
A. Please follow the video tutorial by CIC on how to submit forms & documents. Alternately, you can read this Instruction Guide while filling the forms.

Q. How should I fill Additional Family Information form for my Spouse? Is it required?
A. Absolutely! It is a required document and your spouse should fill it. The form asks for “Applicant” and not “Principal Applicant“. Take care of it when filling the form. You, as a Principal applicant will write your name in “Applicant” Column and you will write your wife/husbands name in “Spouse” column.

Similarly, when your spouse is filling the form, he/she will write his/her name in the “Applicant” row & your name in the “Spouse“.

For both forms, you will write your kids details [if any].

The last table will be filled separately by the two of you with your own siblings.

Q. Should I ship my documents, I fear cap is filled!?
A. No one is sure if the cap is filled or not until the Official CIC website says so. If you haven't shipped your documents and are in dilemma of sending or not, I encourage you to ship them. You have already spent hundreds of Dollars on completing the ECA & IELTS, why stop now? There's nothing to lose apart from courier fee, but in return, you might get PER!

Q. Which courier company should I use?
A. It's your choice and the availability in your area. Most of the applicants that used UPS are happy with 3 ~ 4 days delivery period as compared to FedEx and DHL which takes 5 ~ 7 days.

Q. What envelope color should I use?
A. Doesn't matter.

Q. I shipped my documents in courier company's default envelope, It was not 9″x12″, will I get rejection?
A. NO! Stop worrying about it!

Q. Is my IELTS enough for FSWP 2013 program?
A. For Federal Skilled Worker Program, you will have to score minimum of 6 in each of the modules of the IELTS. IF your score is less than 6 in any of the module, you will have to re-appear in the IELTS.

Q. What score will I get on my IELTS?
A. Calculate the points that is given below for each module separately, then sum them up, that will be the score you are going to get!

First official language (Maximum 24 points)

CLB Level IELTS test results for each ability Points
(per ability)
Speaking Listening Reading Writing
7 6.0 6.0 6.0 6.0 4
8 6.5 7.5 6.5 6.5 5
9 and above 7.0 – 9.0 8.0 – 9.0 7.0 – 9.0 7.0 – 9.0 6

For example: If you have scored following bands:
Listening: 7.5, Speaking: 7, Reading: 8, Writing: 6

You will get:
Listening: 5, Speaking: 6, Reading: 6, Writing: 4
Total: 21 points
[/size]

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
cjg1987 said:

Possibly it is optional holiday (Isra and Mi'raj- http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/canada/isra-miraj) for Muslim only. Not a National Holiday.

abstalks

Star Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
New member here....applying for the dreaded 2174 NOC code....Totally missed the ECA part and now waiting for the evaluation to come back from WES. So I will apply either this year or the next (depending on how drastically the process changes next year).

I had a question about the reference letters from the previous employers: My previous employer is refusing to give me the letter required by CIC. The reference letter I have from them (read exit letter obtained when I quit) does not have "hours worked per week" and "roles and responsibilities" but I do have avail from them stating that it is not the official policy to give such 'custom' letters. Anyone in this kind of a boat ?

Also, as I understand we need too mail the application to Sydney ? Why is it necessary to mention the visa office ?

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
abstalks said:
Hi all,
New member here....applying for the dreaded 2174 NOC code....Totally missed the ECA part and now waiting for the evaluation to come back from WES. So I will apply either this year or the next (depending on how drastically the process changes next year).

I had a question about the reference letters from the previous employers: My previous employer is refusing to give me the letter required by CIC. The reference letter I have from them (read exit letter obtained when I quit) does not have "hours worked per week" and "roles and responsibilities" but I do have avail from them stating that it is not the official policy to give such 'custom' letters. Anyone in this kind of a boat ?

Also, as I understand we need too mail the application to Sydney ? Why is it necessary to mention the visa office ?
Yes brother,

There were lots of applicants on the same situation...

Please Go through on below:

"Reference letters in the required format are necessary, please try your best to get them. If after all efforts you are unable to obtain a work reference letter, then you should provide a solemn declaration / affidavit explaining in detail why are you unable to do so. The officers at the VO are aware of the fact that different employers have different policies towards issuing such adhoc letters and may not cooperate in issuing such a letter. Please do attach all your employment records with the declaration. I was unable to obtain a work reference letter from one of my employers and did the same. However please bear in mind that the final decision rests with the visa officer handling your case."

can submit below Sample affidavit for the alternate work reference/job description letter:

Sample notarization
Date:

SOLEMN AFFIRMATION

I the undersigned, (principal applicant), residing at ___________________________________, hereby solemnly affirm that from (date) until (date) I was employed by (company name) as (job title).

I worked (number) hours per week and was paid (salary) (weekly, monthly, yearly).

My main duties consisted of (main duties).

Main Duty 1
Main Duty 2
Main Duty 3
Main Duty 4
and so on and so forth.

I am unable to obtain a letter with the job description from my employer because the HR department doesn't provide any such letter with the job duties mentioned on it. The only thing they provide with is an experience letter with the designation and the tenure of the employment mentioned on it, that too at the time of relieving. I have that letter and I shall enclose the notarized copy of the same.

Hope this will help u...:)

k_b

May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Med's Request
03-09-2014
Med's Done....
15-10-2014
Passport Req..
23-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-03-2015
+1 Kollins

kollins said:
[size=10pt]FAQ – Before Submission

Q. How to fill forms or what if I do not have a document that is required?
A. Please follow the video tutorial by CIC on how to submit forms & documents. Alternately, you can read this Instruction Guide while filling the forms.

Q. How should I fill Additional Family Information form for my Spouse? Is it required?
A. Absolutely! It is a required document and your spouse should fill it. The form asks for “Applicant” and not “Principal Applicant“. Take care of it when filling the form. You, as a Principal applicant will write your name in “Applicant” Column and you will write your wife/husbands name in “Spouse” column.

Similarly, when your spouse is filling the form, he/she will write his/her name in the “Applicant” row & your name in the “Spouse“.

For both forms, you will write your kids details [if any].

The last table will be filled separately by the two of you with your own siblings.

Q. Should I ship my documents, I fear cap is filled!?
A. No one is sure if the cap is filled or not until the Official CIC website says so. If you haven't shipped your documents and are in dilemma of sending or not, I encourage you to ship them. You have already spent hundreds of Dollars on completing the ECA & IELTS, why stop now? There's nothing to lose apart from courier fee, but in return, you might get PER!

Q. Which courier company should I use?
A. It's your choice and the availability in your area. Most of the applicants that used UPS are happy with 3 ~ 4 days delivery period as compared to FedEx and DHL which takes 5 ~ 7 days.

Q. What envelope color should I use?
A. Doesn't matter.

Q. I shipped my documents in courier company's default envelope, It was not 9″x12″, will I get rejection?
A. NO! Stop worrying about it!

Q. Is my IELTS enough for FSWP 2013 program?
A. For Federal Skilled Worker Program, you will have to score minimum of 6 in each of the modules of the IELTS. IF your score is less than 6 in any of the module, you will have to re-appear in the IELTS.

Q. What score will I get on my IELTS?
A. Calculate the points that is given below for each module separately, then sum them up, that will be the score you are going to get!

First official language (Maximum 24 points)

CLB Level IELTS test results for each ability Points
(per ability)
Speaking Listening Reading Writing
7 6.0 6.0 6.0 6.0 4
8 6.5 7.5 6.5 6.5 5
9 and above 7.0 – 9.0 8.0 – 9.0 7.0 – 9.0 7.0 – 9.0 6

For example: If you have scored following bands:
Listening: 7.5, Speaking: 7, Reading: 8, Writing: 6

You will get:
Listening: 5, Speaking: 6, Reading: 6, Writing: 4
Total: 21 points
[/size]

lvtruong

Nov 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Nomination.....
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-07-2014
File Transfer...
04-07-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2014<br/>Newborn MR done: 23-03-2015<br/>FBI PCC Submitted: 27-03-2015<br/>PPR/DM.....:31-07-2015<br/>Visa issued:07-08-2015<br/>PP returned:20-08-2015<br/>Landed:09-10-2015@YVR
cjg1987 said:

It is not national holiday so I think they will still be working tomorrow. Let's hope so :)

JAMAL007

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman - Jordan
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Doc's Request.
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
28-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-08-2014
IELTS Request
07-05-2014
File Transfer...
19-08-2014
Med's Request
19-08-2014
Med's Done....
14-09-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2014
How Can I get FBI Police Clearance outside USA

Hi Friends,

I have graduated from USA and retuned back to home country. How can I get PCC from FBI, while in outside USA?

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Re: How Can I get FBI Police Clearance outside USA

JAMAL007 said:
Hi Friends,

I have graduated from USA and retuned back to home country. How can I get PCC from FBI, while in outside USA?
Hi, have you considered checking on the FBI website or the US embassy in your country? Thse are good places to start, all the best.

ajx

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
abstalks said:
Hi all,

Hello,

Letter of Reference is very important document so you should try hard to get these.But if after your best shots you are not able to get LOR, then
you will have to prepare an affidavit(Notarized), citing reason for not providing LOR by your employer and your main duties.
Apart from affidavit, you should submit copies of appointment letter, relieving letter,Promotion letter, salary slips and Tax documents to support your claim, if possible then you can add Business card of your supervisor. from this documents they can derive that you worked for X number of hours per week and your salary etc.
This is the best you can do, however there is no guarantee that visa officer will accept this, but you are left with this option only.

Regarding your second query, CIC Sydney office is centralized office for taking applications from applicants who are applying under economic category.
after reviewing your application, if they are satisfied that you are eligible, they will charge fee and forward your application to Visa office applicable to you.
Hope it does make sense to you :)

max09

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Hi Guys

I am trying to prepare the English translation of my birth certificate. I went to the notary, he simply gave me a stamp paper and asked me to print the translation and he would notarize it.
Now I have translated the BC as such but while I searched on the internet for formats in which the translation is prepared, I found 2 different ones. The first one has a declaration from the translator at the end and it is then notarized. The second one just has notarization and says "This is a true and correct Translation of the original document from Hindi to English and compared with original document by me."
So which format should we use?
Also who could be a translator, do we need a certified translator or could anyone with the knowledge of both the languages can be one. In the latter case do we need to attach any credentials for the translator that would prove his ability to translate. If yes, what documents could be those.

There is no professional translation services available in my area.
I might be jumping the gun but really do not know how to go about getting the translation prepared which would be accepted by CIC.
Looking for quick inputs, seniors help please.

Thanks

ajx

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
+1 Brother Cheers !!

ashif_eee said:
Yes brother,

There were lots of applicants on the same situation...

Please Go through on below:

"Reference letters in the required format are necessary, please try your best to get them. If after all efforts you are unable to obtain a work reference letter, then you should provide a solemn declaration / affidavit explaining in detail why are you unable to do so. The officers at the VO are aware of the fact that different employers have different policies towards issuing such adhoc letters and may not cooperate in issuing such a letter. Please do attach all your employment records with the declaration. I was unable to obtain a work reference letter from one of my employers and did the same. However please bear in mind that the final decision rests with the visa officer handling your case."

can submit below Sample affidavit for the alternate work reference/job description letter:

Sample notarization
Date:

SOLEMN AFFIRMATION

I the undersigned, (principal applicant), residing at ___________________________________, hereby solemnly affirm that from (date) until (date) I was employed by (company name) as (job title).

I worked (number) hours per week and was paid (salary) (weekly, monthly, yearly).

My main duties consisted of (main duties).

Main Duty 1
Main Duty 2
Main Duty 3
Main Duty 4
and so on and so forth.

I am unable to obtain a letter with the job description from my employer because the HR department doesn't provide any such letter with the job duties mentioned on it. The only thing they provide with is an experience letter with the designation and the tenure of the employment mentioned on it, that too at the time of relieving. I have that letter and I shall enclose the notarized copy of the same.

Hope this will help u...:)

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
Re: How Can I get FBI Police Clearance outside USA

JAMAL007 said:
Hi Friends,

Please check here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

How to obtain a police certificate - United States

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?

Yes, Applicants should provide a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) certificate with fingerprints. State certificates may also be requested. The Visa Office will advise you if state certificates are required in your case.

How and where do I obtain one?

You should:

get a cover letter and fingerprint card from the FBI. You can download these from the FBI website or write to the address below and have them mailed to you.
have fingerprints taken. You can have this done by:
a local police department or
a private fingerprinting business.

(When you have your fingerprints taken, you will need photo identification.)

include a Certified cheque or money order for the fees, payable to the U.S. Treasury
mail the letter, fingerprints and fee payment to:

FBI, Criminal Justice Information Services Division
Attention: SCU, Mod D-2
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, West Virginia 26306
U.S.A.

Processing times are normally between 16 and 18 weeks. The FBI will send you a letter with the results of their record check. That letter will be your police certificate. You should send the letter and any attached documents to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada office processing your file. All police certificates must be originals. Photocopies will not be accepted by our office.

For information on Puerto Rico, please see Central America, South America and Caribbean.

Status
Not open for further replies.