+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
iya ibeji said:
Hello all,

It is with great joy that I announce to you that I just got confirmation from GTB that my DD has been encashed.

;D

Plenty plenty good news for us all in Jesus mighty name
Great!

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
Barinnbomi said:
Saw this and feel I should share.....

Tips for prospective immigrants to Canada

1.Start early and start planning even earlier.
2.Start young. If you are recently married, plan the migration before you have kid/s.
3.Start saving, you will never have too much money.
4.Be wise in choosing an agent. An agent can only help you in selecting the correct form and filling it up. There is no involvement after you receive a PER (positive eligibility review) from CIC. Therefore, while hiring an agent, you must clarify their role after PER or after submitting documents. Do not allow them to replace your email address with theirs. If you do so, you will be at their mercy at every stage of application.
5.Your source of information should be http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp. Don't believe everything that an agent says. If the Canadian govt. decides not to include your NOC, it will be first listed in the URL above. Cap for every year usually starts on 1st May. Don't pay a penny to any agent before this day.
6.Create a new email address only for this purpose and configure it on your mobile. By creating this new email address, you can be sure that any email from CIC does not get mixed up with non important ones.
7.Get global certifications and gain relevant experiences. Look for jobs in your field in jobsearch websites and see what the employers are expecting.
The coaching and certifications could be much inexpensive in your home country than in Canada.
8.Be prepared to work in a job below your expectation.
9.Get immunization records for kids in place.
10.Kids can join school at any time of the year. Don't have to time your visit that way.
11.Try landing in warmer places. It is better to time your visit on a summer. I say this because the transition from say a warm country like India to a cold country like Canada can be terrifying when the weather is extreme. For example, if you are from Kerala in India that has temperature ranging from 25 °C to 40 °C, you move to Canada where the temperature is -25 °C you will not be able to cope this kind of cold. Gradual transition to this kind of weather will help you settle better. Moreover this will avoid a negative initial impression.
12.Watch English movies and TV series, you will be able to get at least a faint idea of customs in a developed country.
13.Go through popular discussion boards and forums like this forum
If you are thorough with this website, you may not even need an agent.
16.Above all, Trust God, yourself and spouse
Nice one!

SOTAJ

Mar 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
15-Jan-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
24-Jul-2015
Interview........
N/A By His grace
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
02-May-2016
heykay said:
I just got my MR just now so happy . Yours will come soon. This is the content of what u should be expecting

Date: January 22, 2015

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

Medical: Complete or provide proof of completion of the Immigration medical examination for all family members.

Proof of funds: you must have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations. Send updated bank statements, fixed deposit certificates, etc. If you have made large deposits into your accounts or fixed term investments, you must provide evidence of where the funds originated.
Congratulations!

smilingme

May 22, 2014
Alberta
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Passport Req..
28-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-06-2015
Congrats Heykay Let the MR rain begin
heykay said:
I just got my MR just now so happy . Yours will come soon. This is the content of what u should be expecting

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

Medical: Complete or provide proof of completion of the Immigration medical examination for all family members.

Proof of funds: you must have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations. Send updated bank statements, fixed deposit certificates, etc. If you have made large deposits into your accounts or fixed term investments, you must provide evidence of where the funds originated.

mkm2014

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
hey come on guys... join Whatsapp exclusive for NOC 1212. we can update and share info at our finger tips rather checking out in forum.

drop a msg @ +91 9849476377 (Pradeep) / +92 3452009190 (kashif)
[/quote]

Gentle Ace

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/06/2014
Doc's Request.
18/11/2014
Nomination.....
03/12/2014
File Transfer...
02/12/2014
Med's Request
04/05/2015
Med's Done....
11/05/2015
Passport Req..
29/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
12/04/2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
heykay said:

A very big congrats

patecole

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
Yes O, Congrats...

heykay said:

Dotsngr

Nov 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zoze said:
Dear all,
Congrats to all who got updates. I kept checking and tried responding several times but will change my mind as depression wan finish me. I did medicals in Nov, Accra asked me for update in Dec instead of PPR because the birth cert we sent for our first child wasnt the one at birth (infact one issued 4 years later) because we changed her name. I started imagining all kinds of problems, that they will ask for DNA, Paternity etc. I was imagining how our savings will be depleted and application delayed for MONTHS because of a seemingly harmless action we took 6 years ago! No be small tin.

Not 1 minute ago, I recieved PPR. PRAISE GOD. :D In other words, guys, get ready. Accra has woken up for PPR and MR folks.

I pray we all receive update soon
Congrts Zoze! It will definitely end in praise

Dotsngr

Nov 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iCraft said:
Wao, please praise God with me. My medical request came in around 1pm today. :D :D :D

No POF. Below is an extract from the letter.

- Medical examination for the entire family. Medical forms will be sent to you via email tomorrow.
- Right of Permanent Residence Fee for you and your spouse.
- Updated IMM 5669- Schedule A for you and your spouse listing all personal and address history from the age of 18 with no time gaps.
- Hospital birth certificates for each child as well as their infant health booklets, proof that all children are registered with your employer, and photos of you and your spouse with each child and as a whole family since the time each child was born until the present. If you have email correspondence to friends or colleagues in which you mention the births of each child, include them.
Congrats icraft. I believe ure special to hv received this very special feedback. It will surely end in praise.
On a lighter note, pls we are appealing to our husbands to start been 'camera- friendly' . This is no time to be camera shy ;D

Dotsngr

Nov 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mz. Johnson said:
Hello friends, my parcel has been delivered at NS for the NSPNP. I promised to update you guys,sp that is that. ;D ;D
My own buddy, buddy. Pls-high five, high five! Winners never quit. Thats the stuff we are made of.
We re with u in prayers. It will definitely end in praise

Dotsngr

Nov 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heykay said:

Heykay congrats. The journey is fast moving oo. Busstop is almost in sight. ;D

Dotsngr

Nov 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Flosure said:
Hello All,
My wife is the principal applicant and I am representing her on this forum. She has the PER already that was received from CIC on 27/11/2014. I am an ardent follower of this forum.

I want to encourage all to keep the faith because I myself have applied on more than 2 occasions without success but I summoned courage last year when I decided that my wife should apply as the Principal Applicant (NOC 1111 and NOC 1212) and she has her PER (received 27/11/2014).

What we are waiting for now is the MR.

Let me know what to do to become a supporting member of this forum. I think we need to complete a SpreaSheet.

Regards.
Congrats Flosure ;D, we all hv a story sincerely. It is well. Ure very much welcome on board. Ure already doing d needful with your contribution. Just keep it coming. Pls also follow d spreadsheet link for updates.

Dotsngr

Nov 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iya ibeji said:
Hello all,

It is with great joy that I announce to you that I just got confirmation from GTB that my DD has been encashed.

;D

Plenty plenty good news for us all in Jesus mighty name
Our one n only iya ibeji, congratulations. The journey is moving . It will end in praise.

Mz. Johnson

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
Silverblade said:
Mz Johnson,
Thanks alot, its been a while how are U doing, how far Ur end na?
My dear, I de kampe. I just supported another application package to Nova Scotia, fingers still crossed. Hope you are ok mate.