+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

heykay

Dec 4, 2014
I just got my MR just now so happy . Yours will come soon. This is the content of what u should be expecting

Date: January 22, 2015

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

Medical: Complete or provide proof of completion of the Immigration medical examination for all family members.

Proof of funds: you must have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations. Send updated bank statements, fixed deposit certificates, etc. If you have made large deposits into your accounts or fixed term investments, you must provide evidence of where the funds originated.

obinja

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heykay said:
I just got my MR just now so happy . Yours will come soon. This is the content of what u should be expecting

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

Medical: Complete or provide proof of completion of the Immigration medical examination for all family members.

Proof of funds: you must have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations. Send updated bank statements, fixed deposit certificates, etc. If you have made large deposits into your accounts or fixed term investments, you must provide evidence of where the funds originated.
Congrats HeyKay...Best wishes

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
heykay said:

This is great to see, congratulations. Always heartwarming to read about people's advancement toward PRV, it gives hope to others. Wish you the best ahead :)

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
heykay said:

congrat heykey

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Flosure said:
Hello All,
My wife is the principal applicant and I am representing her on this forum. She has the PER already that was received from CIC on 27/11/2014. I am an ardent follower of this forum.

I want to encourage all to keep the faith because I myself have applied on more than 2 occasions without success but I summoned courage last year when I decided that my wife should apply as the Principal Applicant (NOC 1111 and NOC 1212) and she has her PER (received 27/11/2014).

What we are waiting for now is the MR.

Let me know what to do to become a supporting member of this forum. I think we need to complete a SpreaSheet.

Regards.
Hi, welcome on board and congrats on your PER. We have a robust spreadsheet for Nigerian applicants and active BBM and Whatsapp chat groups. See the links below for your use and give our warm regards to your wife :)

2014 Nigerian applicants entry link: http://goo.gl/forms/wjgGULXe3D

2014 Nigerian applicants Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XlAYwn8sBOYeZyuFP7cOok7oFacisg95Jx1zcrcBjQQ/edit#gid=639575799

Barinnbomi

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
heykay said:

Congratulations heykay. May applicants get ready.....God is gud

Bplastiq

Apr 17, 2013
heykay said:

Congrats HeyKay!!

ash73

Mar 2, 2011
Visa Office......
lvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-05-2014
@ pipis husband
did you request gcms notes yet?

Doyinata

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/11/2014
Doc's Request.
24/08/2015
AOR Received.
15/02/2015
Med's Request
-/03/2016
Med's Done....
-/03/2016
Interview........
will not be applicable
Passport Req..
-/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
-/04/2016
LANDED..........
-/08/2016
heykay said:

Congratulations Heykay!

Barinnbomi

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Saw this and feel I should share.....

Tips for prospective immigrants to Canada

1.Start early and start planning even earlier.
2.Start young. If you are recently married, plan the migration before you have kid/s.
3.Start saving, you will never have too much money.
4.Be wise in choosing an agent. An agent can only help you in selecting the correct form and filling it up. There is no involvement after you receive a PER (positive eligibility review) from CIC. Therefore, while hiring an agent, you must clarify their role after PER or after submitting documents. Do not allow them to replace your email address with theirs. If you do so, you will be at their mercy at every stage of application.
5.Your source of information should be http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp. Don't believe everything that an agent says. If the Canadian govt. decides not to include your NOC, it will be first listed in the URL above. Cap for every year usually starts on 1st May. Don't pay a penny to any agent before this day.
6.Create a new email address only for this purpose and configure it on your mobile. By creating this new email address, you can be sure that any email from CIC does not get mixed up with non important ones.
7.Get global certifications and gain relevant experiences. Look for jobs in your field in jobsearch websites and see what the employers are expecting.
The coaching and certifications could be much inexpensive in your home country than in Canada.
8.Be prepared to work in a job below your expectation.
9.Get immunization records for kids in place.
10.Kids can join school at any time of the year. Don't have to time your visit that way.
11.Try landing in warmer places. It is better to time your visit on a summer. I say this because the transition from say a warm country like India to a cold country like Canada can be terrifying when the weather is extreme. For example, if you are from Kerala in India that has temperature ranging from 25 °C to 40 °C, you move to Canada where the temperature is -25 °C you will not be able to cope this kind of cold. Gradual transition to this kind of weather will help you settle better. Moreover this will avoid a negative initial impression.
12.Watch English movies and TV series, you will be able to get at least a faint idea of customs in a developed country.
13.Go through popular discussion boards and forums like this forum
If you are thorough with this website, you may not even need an agent.
16.Above all, Trust God, yourself and spouse

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
ash73 said:
@ pipis husband
did you request gcms notes yet?
Hi, I didn't request for GCMS notes as I didn't see the need. By the time the report comes, one may probably be through with the whole application process and been issued PR :D

I'll just wait my turn, I've learned in life that patience works just fine :)

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
heykay said:

Big congrats!

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
heykay said:

When did you apply to cic?

Blessed Canadian

Star Member
Nov 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/05/2014