+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Freebird_76

Jun 5, 2012
Cairo
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JohnnyZee said:
Mate, I agree with you but you won't believe it that this forum has people applying as if their life depended on it (so I wouldn't be surprised if people applied even if they did not qualify). I read on another discussion that someone's life had been "ruined" because WES delayed their evaluation. This is ridiculous, just ridiculous...
donutbox said:
From some of the posts I have seen of the this thread and on other threads, I convinced that this is quite common among applicants:

....people applied even if they did not qualify

Well, i believe that this is happening. While these people are the main reason actually to make the immigration procedures harder and taking long time because all the resources there are used to check unqualified applicants, but actually i can't blame them. We don't know their circumstances or what they are passing through in their main land. Also, so many people are really seeing that this is the only way to get a life (not only a better than life than they have).

roypp

Apr 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
Doc's Request.
CC charged: 29-08-2013
Nomination.....
PER: 03-09-2013
Med's Request
28th June, 2014
Med's Done....
8th July, 2014 | 3rd line added: 15th July, 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr1 23-10-2014; dm/ppr2 29.10.2014
VISA ISSUED...
JohnnyZee said:
Are you Marta in disguise?
I appreciated Marta's initiative

JohnnyZee

Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
roypp said:
I appreciated Marta's initiative
Just messing with you buddy...take it easy!

JohnnyZee

Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
Freebird_76 said:
Well, i believe that this is happening. While these people are the main reason actually to make the immigration procedures harder and taking long time because all the resources there are used to check unqualified applicants, but actually i can't blame them. We don't know their circumstances or what they are passing through in their main land. Also, so many people are really seeing that this is the only way to get a life (not only a better than life than they have).
Agree.

Stranger Friendly

May 2, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
London
jigzyy said:
haha okay *zip*. Yes, personally EOI is the best thing. Pool of applicants, filter it, and then invite for the eligible ones. Controlled but cream of applicants, and not a lot of hassle. Plus employers can interact / interfere and escalate the process too if they like someone. It should have been done this time, but alas, cold weather made them lazy :(.
Jigzyy, pls confirm, if I am not wrong, every month Australian immigration selects from the pool of applicants right???? not like once a year or twice a year? and what is the process time? I believe process should be much faster then Canadian process. Applicant with good credentials could get immigration within 6 months. Right?

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
Stranger Friendly said:
Jigzyy, pls confirm, if I am not wrong, every month Australian immigration selects from the pool of applicants right???? not like once a year or twice a year? and what is the process time? I believe process should be much faster then Canadian process. Applicant with good credentials could get immigration within 6 months. Right?
It's more like 12 months (instead of 6 months). Refer to, Skilled Migration Visa Processing Times.

The Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa visa seems to be Australia's equivalent to Canada's FSW visa.

>> This points-based visa is for skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer, a state or territory, or a family member.
>> A visa holder can live and work permanently anywhere in Australia.
>> Certain family members can be included in the application.

Basic requirements

There are basic requirements you must meet to apply for this visa. You must:

be invited to apply
be younger than 50 years of age when you are invited to apply
nominate an occupation that matches your skills and qualifications and is on the relevant skilled occupation list
have your skills assessed by the relevant assessing authority as suitable for your nominated occupation
have at least competent English
score at least 60 on the points test
meet the health and character requirements.

A discussion regarding "Canada vs Australia" is currently ongoing in this thread (see link listed below), you can also find additional info. about Australia there:

Why Canada while Australia is easier?

freek4iphone

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Since we like talking about fears, here is another one ;):

Lets say CIC received 5,000 applications on day one (just a wild guess). Now, there are 4-5 courier companies and all of them would try to drop all their packages for that day in one delivery attempt. So, lets assume FEDEX dropped 1500 application packages at 11 AM which had 200 applications for 2174, and UPS dropped another 1500 applications at 1PM which had another 300 applications for 2174, So how would CIC figure out which 300 to pickup from these 500, and possible more dropped by other courier services?

One could say that 5000 apps on day one seems high, but this scenario could happen any day.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Stranger Friendly said:
I believe they select on the basis of total marks obtained out of 100. So, even if the pass score is 60 & you score say 62, that doesn't mean you are going to be invited for visa. They will invite the ones with the top score, and then going down in the list up to limit. Say they have a limit of 10, and 2 got 95, 5 got 85 3 got 80. The limit is finished, but you will remain in the pool until 1 day, you are with in the limit.

This is how I understand it. If I am wrong, someone will correct my statement.

khigal

Star Member
May 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jigzyy said:
Here you go ;)

Editors are [as for now]:
jigzyy
islandbabe
anac
amar31282
plz jigzy update my name also as NOC 1112, visa office london, IELTS 7, self calculated points 75, spouse IELTS yes, relative in canada yes, job offer no, degree B.S Business administration, ECA equivalence 4 yr bachelor, job experience 2+ , Application sent 8/6/2013, fee method DD, applicaion received 13/6/2013, receiving time 10:53 am, signed by D.STAPLETON, destination in canada Red Deer AB, :)
thanks

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
freek4iphone said:
Since we like talking about fears, here is another one ;):

Lets say CIC received 5,000 applications on day one (just a wild guess). Now, there are 4-5 courier companies and all of them would try to drop all their packages for that day in one delivery attempt. So, lets assume FEDEX dropped 1500 application packages at 11 AM which had 200 applications for 2174, and UPS dropped another 1500 applications at 1PM which had another 300 applications for 2174, So how would CIC figure out which 300 to pickup from these 500, and possible more dropped by other courier services?

One could say that 5000 apps on day one seems high, but this scenario could happen any day.
On iPhone's map perhaps ;D ? Not possible on Google's map for sure :p.

Stranger Friendly

May 2, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
London
donutbox said:
It's more like 12 months (instead of 6 months). Refer to, Skilled Migration Visa Processing Times.

The Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa visa seems to be Australia's equivalent to Canada's FSW visa.

>> This points-based visa is for skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer, a state or territory, or a family member.
>> A visa holder can live and work permanently anywhere in Australia.
>> Certain family members can be included in the application.

A discussion regarding "Canada vs Australia" is currently ongoing in this thread (see link listed below), you can also find additional info. about Australia there:

Why Canada while Australia is easier?
Thanks donutbox, seems a good thread. So the process is of 12 months, but they select applicants every month? Right?

balkanada

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2013
IELTS Request
Stranger Friendly said:
Thanks donutbox, seems a good thread. So the process is of 12 months, but they select applicants every month?
Way I see it - they 'select applicants' really if someone needs them. That is - employers should be selecting applicants, not the state? OR am I wrong?

balkanada

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2013
IELTS Request
islandbabe said:
No presently, until July 31st your area of training is on the list, you could apply on Monday if you had enough points.?

Tnx, do you have any idea if QSW is slower than FSW?