+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is always good to have productive discussion. BTW luqi, Harryy is right. You must have at least minimum 1 year paid work experience in one of the 24 eligible occupations. The other experience could be from other NOC codes from Skill Type O, Skill Type A and Skill Type B. That condition is not restricted to only 24 eligible occupations.

For example, I am a Mechanical Engineer therefore, I must have at least 1 year paid work experience in Mechanical Engineering , i.e. NOC 2132 from Skill Type A. And if I am promoted and started to perform duties of an Engineering Manager, i.e. NOC 0211 or other NOC code from Skill Type 0 which is not included in 24 eligible occupations in FSW 2013, I will be able to get points for that experience too.

The work experience page of Schedule 3 form starts with your primary occupation and NOC code under which you are applying, follows up by work experience in each job position/employer where you again enter occupation and NOC code related to that specific work experience. As far as the case of one of the member whose application was rejected is concerned, if I remember right, his mistake was to write wrong NOC code at the top which was not matching to his degree.

luqi said:
yes thats true the work experience should only be among these NOC thats what i want to say. if you have work experience in more than one NOC, you will have to mention that in schedule 3 form, but one member here did the same he mentioned 2 NOCs in the form and his application was rejected.

luqi

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London<br/>[color=#CC9900][b]NOC code:................2147[/b][/color]<br/>IELTS:....: sent with application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b]03-07-2013[/b]<br/>[color=yellowgreen][b]Fee charged.........: 23-09-2013 [/b][/color]<br/>[color=green][b]PER Received.......: 24-09-2013[/b][/color]<br/>[color=#C46767][b]Processing Started:21-01-2014[/b][/color]<br/>[color=#4E1D1D][b]Docs Request: 28-01-2014[/b][/color]<br/>
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
01-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2016
LANDED..........
[b][color=#800000]Landed 18th April 2016[/color][/b]
Abu Hassaan said:
It is always good to have productive discussion. BTW luqi, Harryy is right. You must have at least minimum 1 year paid work experience in one of the 24 eligible occupations. The other experience could be from other NOC codes from Skill Type O, Skill Type A and Skill Type B. That condition is not restricted to only 24 eligible occupations.

For example, I am a Mechanical Engineer therefore, I must have at least 1 year paid work experience in Mechanical Engineering , i.e. NOC 2132 from Skill Type A. And if I am promoted and started to perform duties of an Engineering Manager, i.e. NOC 0211 or other NOC code from Skill Type 0 which is not included in 24 eligible occupations in FSW 2013, I will be able to get points for that experience too.
nice,
but you dont get automatic points for other NOC, you will have to mention it. see you write your NOC code on the envelope, means you are applying for a specific NOC, so you only get points for that. and i said that if your experience is non-NOC you cannot claim points. means if you have worked on an any administrative position any sales job, any technical job that is not in the noc list.

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
May be you are getting yourself confused with NOC and non-NOC work experience. As mentioned in previous post, the work experience page starts with section a) where you have to specify your primary occupation and NOC code of that occupation. In my case, I wrote Mechanical Engineer as primary occupation and 2132 its NOC 2011 code because I have degree in Mechanical Engineering. This occupation is included in 24 eligible occupations, therefore I am eligible but I have to show at least 1 year work experience in this occupation which must be listed in section b).

Now in section b) I have to enter one by one each job position during last 10 years period with occupation and its NOC code which falls under Skill Type 0, Skill Type A and Skill Type B. There must be at least one job as Mechanical Engineer occupation with 2132 NOC code of at least 1 year to become eligible while remaining can be from same primary occupation or any other occupation listed in Skill Type 0, Skill Type A and Skill Type B. Those occupations are much more than 24 eligible occupations and it is not necessary that other claimed occupation must be one of 24 eligible occupations to get the points.

luqi said:
nice,
but you dont get automatic points for other NOC, you will have to mention it. see you write your NOC code on the envelope, means you are applying for a specific NOC, so you only get points for that. and i said that if your experience is non-NOC you cannot claim points. means if you have worked on an any administrative position any sales job, any technical job that is not in the noc list.

luqi

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London<br/>[color=#CC9900][b]NOC code:................2147[/b][/color]<br/>IELTS:....: sent with application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b]03-07-2013[/b]<br/>[color=yellowgreen][b]Fee charged.........: 23-09-2013 [/b][/color]<br/>[color=green][b]PER Received.......: 24-09-2013[/b][/color]<br/>[color=#C46767][b]Processing Started:21-01-2014[/b][/color]<br/>[color=#4E1D1D][b]Docs Request: 28-01-2014[/b][/color]<br/>
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
01-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2016
LANDED..........
Abu Hassaan said:
May be you are getting yourself confused with NOC and non-NOC work experience. As mentioned in previous post, the work experience page starts with section a) where you have to specify your primary occupation and NOC code of that occupation. In my case, I wrote Mechanical Engineer as primary occupation and 2132 its NOC 2011 code because I have degree in Mechanical Engineering. This occupation is included in 24 eligible occupations, therefore I am eligible but I have to show at least 1 year work experience in this occupation which must be listed in section b).

Now in section b) I have to enter one by one each job position during last 10 years period with occupation and its NOC code which falls under Skill Type 0, Skill Type A and Skill Type B. There must be at least one job as Mechanical Engineer occupation with 2132 NOC code of at least 1 year to become eligible while remaining can be from same primary occupation or any other occupation listed in Skill Type 0, Skill Type A and Skill Type B. Those occupations are much more than 24 eligible occupations and it is not necessary that other claimed occupation must be one of 24 eligible occupations to get the points.
very informative,
by non-NOC work i meant to say experience related to a job other than these 24 eligible occupation as i've mentioned earlier, some sales job, administrative position (office assistant, administrator, clerk) etc.

GisG

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
Doc's Request.
15-07-2014
Med's Request
22-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014 3rd Line update..:14-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
(Fourth line) 05-10-2014
LANDED..........
14-01-2015
luqi said:
nice,
Thank you Abu Hazan, and Harryy, Luqi please read carefully the underlined extract pasted below from this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp

" Factor 3: Work experience (maximum of 15 points)
You will receive points for the number of years of full-time paid work (or the equivalent in part-time paid work) you have obtained within the last ten years. Full-time means at least 30 hours of paid work in one week.

You must have at least one year of continuous full-time, paid work experience (or the equivalent in continuous part-time work) in the primary occupation you specify in your application.

In order to receive points for all of the jobs you have had over the past ten years, your work experience must be in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0, Skill Level A or B of NOC 2011. Follow the Determining your NOC category instructions above to find the NOC 2011 category that matches your skilled work experience over the past ten years.

You must provide proof of your work experience with your application. Refer to the Document Checklist (PDF, 240 KB) for more information.

Estimate how many points you will receive for your work experience:

Work Experience Points
1 year 9
2 – 3 years 11
4 – 5 years 13
6 or more years 15
Estimated Score | /15 "

I hope this resolves all the arguments. You get points for all your years of work experience in stated SKILL TYPE O,A & B as long as you have at least 1 year experience in the primary occupation you nominated which must be among the 24 eligible ones for FSW 2013 .

Thank you.

Faizzz

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2013
Nomination.....
PER:22-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-09-2013
Med's Request
27-02-2014
Med's Done....
13-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM:26-04-2014
luqi said:
yes thats true the work experience should only be among these NOC thats what i want to say. if you have work experience in more than one NOC, you will have to mention that in schedule 3 form, but one member here did the same he mentioned 2 NOCs in the form and his application was rejected.
This was my friend's case. He mentioned 2 nocs on nominated occupation. But as Harry says u can show experience on other noc outside 24 selected for this year. I showed about 5 yrs in 0211 and the rest in elec engineer noc which is out of 24 selected for this year.no problem...

luqi

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
01-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2016
LANDED..........
ok guys thanks a lot. :)

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I understand now what did you mean by non-NOC work experience but it is not the case. You have to show 1 year primary occupation work experience at least to become eligible. You get 9 points with that for sure. To collect remaining points, you can show your experience in primary occupation or any other occupations from Skill Type 0, Skill Type A, and Skill Type B.

But remember that a Mechanical Engineer can't perform duties of Chemical Engineer or Petroleum Engineer etc. so his work experience would only fall under Mechanical Engineer occupation in Skill Type A. But being Mechanical Engineer, he can have experience in Skill Type 0 such as Administrative Services Managers (NOC code 0114), Engineering Manager (NOC code 0211) and Construction Manager (NOC code 0711). Similarly a Mechanical Engineer can have experience in couple of occupations of Skill Type B but obviously that job position will be of lower level than his qualification.

I hope this will clarify more.

luqi said:
very informative,
by non-NOC work i meant to say experience related to a job other than these 24 eligible occupation as i've mentioned earlier, some sales job, administrative position (office assistant, administrator, clerk) etc.

luqi

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
01-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2016
LANDED..........
Abu Hassaan said:
I understand now what did you mean by non-NOC work experience but it is not the case. You have to show 1 year primary occupation work experience at least to become eligible. You get 9 points with that for sure. To collect remaining points, you can show your experience in primary occupation or any other occupations from Skill Type 0, Skill Type A, and Skill Type B.

But remember that a Mechanical Engineer can't perform duties of Chemical Engineer or Petroleum Engineer etc. so his work experience would only fall under Mechanical Engineer occupation in Skill Type A. But being Mechanical Engineer, he can have experience in Skill Type 0 such as Administrative Services Managers (NOC code 0114), Engineering Manager (NOC code 0211) and Construction Manager (NOC code 0711). Similarly a Mechanical Engineer can have experience in couple of occupations of Skill Type B but obviously that job position will be of lower level than his qualification.

I hope this will clarify more.
yes :)

JBZZS

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pharmacistfarhan said:
Dear forum members (particularly LVO / NDVO applicants):
yesterday I wrote an email to CIC minister (Mr. Alex), giving a suggestion to him that if LVO is too much occupied / over loaded - they better think to have our files transferred to some other visa offices or CPP-O.
Just got an automated email response from minister's office that his office would respond in 10 to 30 working days.
Most likely my email to him would be taken as garbage................but if we all (particularly LVO / NDVO and other slow visa offices applicants) write him, they may think for betterment.
I suggest we all should write to him, it will not harm anything.
Guys what do you say?

Best regards.
This is indeed a good idea. Can you plz share minister's email address... I would also like to send him an email about the same. Infact we all should do the same...

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
JBZZS said:
This is indeed a good idea. Can you plz share minister's email address... I would also like to send him an email about the same. Infact we all should do the same...
I think it's chris.alexander@parl.gc.ca . I was thinking to write in January, but I guess, it's not harm, we (LVO) should write email to Minister to have file transferred to Paris or back to CPP - O (Paris seems a nice choice as it's near and LVO previously have done this)

tomsware

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Doc's Request.
already submitted with application
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
IELTS Request
already submitted with application
did anyone receive MR from Singapore VO?

did any bangladeshi application receive MR so far?

thanks.

CastroHawk

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013 PER Date .......: 09-09-2013
Med's Request
24-01-2014
Med's Done....
04-02-2014
Passport Req..
15-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2014
KanedaImmi said:
MR was requested on Oct 9th... within a week, medical was done but I don't know when CIC received the medical report.
hi admins
kindly update the above in our sheet, thks

dipeshpokhrel

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
kathmandu
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2013 PER.............. : 03-09-2013
AOR Received.
26-10-2013
Med's Request
19-12-2013
Med's Done....
21-12-2013
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2014
GisG said:
Thank you Abu Hazan, and Harryy, Luqi please read carefully the underlined extract pasted below from this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp

" Factor 3: Work experience (maximum of 15 points)
You will receive points for the number of years of full-time paid work (or the equivalent in part-time paid work) you have obtained within the last ten years. Full-time means at least 30 hours of paid work in one week.

You must have at least one year of continuous full-time, paid work experience (or the equivalent in continuous part-time work) in the primary occupation you specify in your application.

In order to receive points for all of the jobs you have had over the past ten years, your work experience must be in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0, Skill Level A or B of NOC 2011. Follow the Determining your NOC category instructions above to find the NOC 2011 category that matches your skilled work experience over the past ten years.

You must provide proof of your work experience with your application. Refer to the Document Checklist (PDF, 240 KB) for more information.

Estimate how many points you will receive for your work experience:

Work Experience Points
1 year 9
2 – 3 years 11
4 – 5 years 13
6 or more years 15
Estimated Score | /15 "

I hope this resolves all the arguments. You get points for all your years of work experience in stated SKILL TYPE O,A & B as long as you have at least 1 year experience in the primary occupation you nominated which must be among the 24 eligible ones for FSW 2013 .

Thank

let me clear you, i got point with my 3 years experience of NOC 2131 and 1.5 year experience of NOC 7205 without that i could't have score pass mark in my case