+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to close email tab while doing online citizenship test.

KatieP2023

Jun 2, 2023
Hey guys. I did my online citizenship test for Canada today. However, I forgot to close the gmail tab and send test link tab on my MacBook. Will this be a problem? I didn’t try to click those tabs during the test. I stay on the test page during the whole time. But I am very worried that the system will detect that I have other 2 tabs open and thinks that I was cheating. Did anyone have similar issues but still got the official test results?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hey guys. I did my online citizenship test for Canada today. However, I forgot to close the gmail tab and send test link tab on my MacBook. Will this be a problem? I didn’t try to click those tabs during the test. I stay on the test page during the whole time. But I am very worried that the system will detect that I have other 2 tabs open and thinks that I was cheating. Did anyone have similar issues but still got the official test results?
Nope Zero issues. You are good and will see your test updated to completed on tracker soon.

Reactions: KatieP2023

KatieP2023

Jun 2, 2023
Nope Zero issues. You are good and will see your test updated to completed on tracker soon.
I am a little worried that my Photo ID taken at the citizenship test is blurry. I forgot to make sure the picture is clear. Will they ask me to retake the test if the photo ID is blurry? Or will they ask me to send another clear picture of me holding the Photo ID?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
No need to worry about it.
If the ID is too blurry, IRCC will contact you by mail to provide another one, you won't have to retake the test.

Reactions: KatieP2023

KatieP2023

Jun 2, 2023
Update: I passed the test on June 2, 2023 with 18/20. My test result has been updated to completed on Jun 9, 2023. The tracker shows test completed on Jun 7, 2023, but I didn't see the update until Jun 9, 2023. The 2 tabs being open is not an issue. As long as you stay on the test page the whole time and didn't click those tabs during test should be fine. I thought my picture is blurry but it turned out to be ok. Now I am relieved.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Update: I passed the test on June 2, 2023 with 18/20. My test result has been updated to completed on Jun 9, 2023. The tracker shows test completed on Jun 7, 2023, but I didn't see the update until Jun 9, 2023. The 2 tabs being open is not an issue. As long as you stay on the test page the whole time and didn't click those tabs during test should be fine. I thought my picture is blurry but it turned out to be ok. Now I am relieved.
Updates are backdated. Tracker does not show it in realtime. More likely happens as part of a batch.