+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For PINOY: About Express Entry Application. Share your idea!

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
annie.maple said:
Thanks for the reply! :) I've already reached the maximum 136 points for first official language, so retaking the IELTS exam won't help me I'm afraid. :( Trying to find some other way to improve my score. :)

Hello! :) I have more than 3 years foreign experience (this refers to my work experience in the Philippines right?). None in Canada. But seeing as my job requires certification, getting work experience in Canada is highly unlikely. Even my friends who are already there find it hard and tell me they may need to take some courses first.

---
I keep going through the CRS criteria and can't seem to find anything else I can do aside from working on a second official language and taking a Master's degree.

However, I see there is a criteria that indicates 128 points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years". (Mine is currently 120 points for "Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute".)

I'm a medical technologist and my educational credentials from WES was evaluated to be three years Bachelor's Canadian. If I take a certificate of some sort related to medical technology, I presume that will help right? Has anyone in the Philippines done that? A Bachelor's degree plus a certificate/diploma that is NOT a Master's degree? And this will have to be re-evaluated by WES right?

Then again, that would only give me an additional 8 points if ever. And I'm trying to get an additional 9 to reach 450 at least. Eep. ??? I might need that Master's degree after all... But it'll take 3 years and I can't. :'( Sigh...sana magka-ITA na ako, kahit 441 points. By the grace of God...
Hi! Your work experience in Philippines doesn't count for foreign experience. You must work in other country aside form your country of origin. (You stated that you got 3 years foreign work experience in the Philippines.)

annie.maple

Sep 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nebm31 said:
Hi! Your work experience in Philippines doesn't count for foreign experience. You must work in other country aside form your country of origin. (You stated that you got 3 years foreign work experience in the Philippines.)
Oh I see. So I would get additional points from working in any other country? Not Canada? That is, I get 50 points from working in the Philippines, my country of origin. And then I can get another 50 points from working in another country that is not Canada. Correct? :)

Sorry, I'm a little confused. Going through the Express Entry CRS criteria again, I don't see the difference between foreign work experience in your home country and foreign work experience in another country. :(

Edit:

Checked my EE profile and there's only one set of points for foreign work experience, which I have already met. It's back to getting additional points from second official language for me... That or somehow I get a permanent job offer even without certification (this certification I am only qualified to get if I were in Canada - so you see how it keeps going back and forth, since no HR will offer me a permanent position if I don't have the Canadian certification for my profession ??? )

Thanks to all who answered my questions and gave advice. Would still appreciate them after this post. Good luck to all. :)

mauie eugene

Oct 11, 2015
JonesM said:
maam, sorry hindi ko talaga kabisado bawat detalye... you can try get advise from Asivad Anac or to any senior forum members here. I am not so sure if you get total points only for the number of years you have spent on primary NOC alone or together with other previous skilled occupation listed in skill type O, A, or B.
ung primary NOC ba dpat same dun s NOC ng work experience? i put kc 1241 for my primary but the work experience is NOC 1123 and 6314 parehong 5 years experience.

thanks po

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
annie.maple said:
Thanks for the reply! :) I've already reached the maximum 136 points for first official language, so retaking the IELTS exam won't help me I'm afraid. :( Trying to find some other way to improve my score. :)

Hello! :) I have more than 3 years foreign experience (this refers to my work experience in the Philippines right?). None in Canada. But seeing as my job requires certification, getting work experience in Canada is highly unlikely. Even my friends who are already there find it hard and tell me they may need to take some courses first.

---
I keep going through the CRS criteria and can't seem to find anything else I can do aside from working on a second official language and taking a Master's degree.

However, I see there is a criteria that indicates 128 points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years". (Mine is currently 120 points for "Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute".)

I'm a medical technologist and my educational credentials from WES was evaluated to be three years Bachelor's Canadian. If I take a certificate of some sort related to medical technology, I presume that will help right? Has anyone in the Philippines done that? A Bachelor's degree plus a certificate/diploma that is NOT a Master's degree? And this will have to be re-evaluated by WES right?

Then again, that would only give me an additional 8 points if ever. And I'm trying to get an additional 9 to reach 450 at least. Eep. ??? I might need that Master's degree after all... But it'll take 3 years and I can't. :'( Sigh...sana magka-ITA na ako, kahit 441 points. By the grace of God...
I agree with you that "foreign work experience" = your work experience in the Philippines, where "foreign" is relative to Canada and not the applicant's country of origin.
You can check if the med tech certificate would count: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp
Or get 600 points by applying to PNPs, which would take less time than school. :)

reivax

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
AOR Received.
03-08-2015
Passport Req..
11-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2016
mauie eugene said:
ung primary NOC ba dpat same dun s NOC ng work experience? i put kc 1241 for my primary but the work experience is NOC 1123 and 6314 parehong 5 years experience.

thanks po
Yes kailangan kung ano yung work experience mo yun yung ilalagay mong NOC. Once you get an ITA, they will be matching the NOC you indicated sa work experience na dineclare mo.

bellaluna said:
I agree with you that "foreign work experience" = your work experience in the Philippines, where "foreign" is relative to Canada and not the applicant's country of origin.
You can check if the med tech certificate would count: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp
Or get 600 points by applying to PNPs, which would take less time than school. :)
I agree with bellaluna that the 'foreign' they are talking about is relative to Canada and her suggestion of getting a nomination. It would take 3-6 mos (i think). You can also get a job offer which is also 600pts.

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Nebm31 said:
What? This is not true. Foreign working experience is as opposed to Canadian working experience. You work anywhere but in canada -- this will count as foreign working experience.

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
annie.maple said:
If I take a certificate of some sort related to medical technology, I presume that will help right? Has anyone in the Philippines done that? A Bachelor's degree plus a certificate/diploma that is NOT a Master's degree? And this will have to be re-evaluated by WES right?

Hi in this case, why dont you take up a master's degree program that lasts shorter than 3 years. In my country of origin (im in this thread coz my husband is filipino), there are programs of Master's degree which you can sign up as a part time student, studying in the evening. You study for one year in the evening or weekend while working full time during the day. This kind of degree can be evaluated by WES as equivalent to "Master's degree". I know someone who did this. Maybe you can search for similar programs in the philippines. This saves time and will boost up your CRS. But it totally depends on the programs -- whether WES recognize it as master's or not.

JonesM

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mauie eugene said:
uu nakarating aku dun, enter ku ung ielts scores at result date nmen dalawa ni hubby. nilagay ku den pti ung wes ref#.

ung s uci nde ku sinagutan kc wla aku nun pero ung question n nakaapply nb aku s CIC at EE dpat Yes b llgay dun n sagot? kc pag ni yes ku sya i need to put uci# which is wala ku. kya NO nilagay ku pero iniisip ku bka masilip kc meron nman aku previous application s EE ineligible nga lng.

also, dun s education, aku lng kc nagpa-wes. do you think c hubby dpat pa-wes ku den? kc dun s question kung grad b c hubby, dpat b ilagay ku bachelor or ung 2 yr progrm lng na corresponding s canada?

sori dami queries naguluhan kc aku kung bket ineligible ung application ku eh abot nman ata aku s 67 points. at ung tool na eligibility nabigyan aku ng ref# dun at ung CRS nman i got 318 points mababa nga lng sya pero bket kyo nde pasado ung EE application ku :(

tnx po!
You already met the pass mark of 67 points for Express Entry. There's no need to WES certify your hubby unless you want extra CRS points for it (max 10 points). Hindi ko talaga alam what is wrong here. It's either you filled out the form incorrectly, made a mistake in your profile, or system technical error.

Ang prob hindi yun UCI, you can leave it blank, but EE found you ineligible. Nagsimula ka ba sa Come to Canada tool to check eligibility, tapos nag enter ka ng personal code?

mauie eugene

Oct 11, 2015
reivax said:
Yes kailangan kung ano yung work experience mo yun yung ilalagay mong NOC. Once you get an ITA, they will be matching the NOC you indicated sa work experience na dineclare mo.
Tama nman ung declare ku na NOC against my work experience pero ung Primary NOC iba ung nilagay ku. Dpat ba pareho cla? kc db bago mu sagutan ung noc ng previous work experience mu may question dun kung anung gusto mu NOC/primary job mu gusto ibase ung application? Nde p nga aku nakakareceing ng ITA kc laging ineligible ung EE profile ku. :(

thanks!

mauie eugene

Oct 11, 2015
JonesM said:
You already met the pass mark of 67 points for Express Entry. There's no need to WES certify your hubby unless you want extra CRS points for it (max 10 points). Hindi ko talaga alam what is wrong here. It's either you filled out the form incorrectly, made a mistake in your profile, or system technical error.

Ang prob hindi yun UCI, you can leave it blank, but EE found you ineligible. Nagsimula ka ba sa Come to Canada tool to check eligibility, tapos nag enter ka ng personal code?
Yes ung first EE application ku nilagay ku ung personal code/ref# ng Come to Canada tool. but ung succeeding ku na EE profile nag manual na aku kc nde na in-accept ung personal code. sabi nman dun s manual eligibility prior mag create ng profile, eligible aku. pero nung submit ku na sya ayun ineligible/not met daw tpos walang score na nakalagay s CRS :(

hay hirap panu kaya un? thanks po.

ITGirl

Jan 8, 2015
ginoongliyans said:
Hi po ITGirl, tanong ko lang po nag apply po ba muna kayo ng Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program bago kayo nag apply dito sa Express Entry?
Yes po apply muna dun then magcoconnect sya sa express entry once nanominate po dun :)

reivax

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
AOR Received.
03-08-2015
Passport Req..
11-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2016
mauie eugene said:
Yes ung first EE application ku nilagay ku ung personal code/ref# ng Come to Canada tool. but ung succeeding ku na EE profile nag manual na aku kc nde na in-accept ung personal code. sabi nman dun s manual eligibility prior mag create ng profile, eligible aku. pero nung submit ku na sya ayun ineligible/not met daw tpos walang score na nakalagay s CRS :(

Hi. Kumusta yung pagcreate mo ng profile? Try mo na kaya mag create ng bagong application?

JonesM

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mauie eugene said:

maam, i would suggest that you seek help from other forums. wag lang dito kasi we have a limited number of viewers, mga pinoy lang. try mo sa forum ni asivad. Good luck.

annie.maple

Sep 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bellaluna said:
You can check if the med tech certificate would count: cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp
reivax said:

I agree with bellaluna that the 'foreign' they are talking about is relative to Canada and her suggestion of getting a nomination. It would take 3-6 mos (i think). You can also get a job offer which is also 600pts.
Thank you! :) I've been reading about the PNPs, particularly that of British Columbia and Ontario. It seems that I'll need a permanent job offer before I can apply. This drives me a little crazy seeing as I don't have a Canadian med tech license from either of those provinces and the only way I can get the license is if I were there in Canada to apply for it and sit the exam. So then, I feel like a permanent job offer in my field is highly unlikely - because that means I'll need someone who'll be willing to offer a permanent med tech or med lab assistant position to one who is not licensed in Canada. So I honestly don't get how the Job Bank works for technical positions like mine that need licenses. ??? I've been applying for jobs since last year and my applications keep getting rejected because I don't meet the criteria - and for those with minimum criteria, like phlebotomist jobs or med lab assistant positions that don't require licenses, even then I don't feel hopeful because they can easily hire from within the country. Why get me from all the way in the Philippines? :'(

(I don't mean to be negative, I'm just trying to explain why the job offer thing confuses and distresses me a little bit. :-[ ) ;D

Having said all this, any tips/advice anyway, for getting a permanent job offer? :D (The job offer I get should be related to my NOC right?)

Miumiu said:
Hi in this case, why dont you take up a master's degree program that lasts shorter than 3 years. In my country of origin (im in this thread coz my husband is filipino), there are programs of Master's degree which you can sign up as a part time student, studying in the evening. You study for one year in the evening or weekend while working full time during the day. This kind of degree can be evaluated by WES as equivalent to "Master's degree". I know someone who did this. Maybe you can search for similar programs in the philippines. This saves time and will boost up your CRS. But it totally depends on the programs -- whether WES recognize it as master's or not.
I'm interested to know what your friend took, what kind of degree I mean. What it was called. :) Will an online course/series of courses to a certificate or diploma count - either from an open uni in the Philippines or another country? 'Cause from what I've searched from universities here, Master's degree can range from 3 to 4 years. Nothing less, and even longer as a part-time student (which I tried personally but did not finish).

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
annie.maple said:
Thank you! :) I've been reading about the PNPs, particularly that of British Columbia and Ontario. It seems that I'll need a permanent job offer before I can apply....
Actually, not all PNPs need a job offer to apply. You just have to really be on the lookout and be lucky, because those PNPs without job offers fill up very, very fast.
You're right, BC PNP needs a job offer or BC education. But Ontario has the Human Capital Priorities stream, no job offer required, but you have to meet certain conditions and be invited:
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL.html
Ontario also doesn't require regulation for overseas PNP applicants.
SINP is also usually an easy PNP to apply to, unless your NOC is regulated in SK, and they require a license first before you apply for a PNP.
NS, PEI, and NB also had no-job-offer streams, but again, they're probably closed for the year.
If you have friends or relatives in other provinces, look into their sponsorship PNPs.
Just my opinion, but I think for those without education or work experience in Canada, getting a PNP is easier than getting a permanent job offer.