+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For All The Lebanese on this forum

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Thanks Rasha for all the information that you had provided me with.

I have the feeling my file was transferred to the embassy in Beirut, Lebanon instead the one in Damasucs since the transition took place at the same time my application was sent at CPC-M. It was also approved almost 2 weeks after the announcement of the changes was made. Hopefully they didn't made a mistake on the letter of approval.

Anyways I will follow your advise and call CIC. If they can't provide with more details I will contact MP in my region.

Tks again!

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Hello dear friends...
Boncuk, I am happy to hear that there is a large Lebanese community in Windsor, because I was really scared about the idea that I will be little lonely there, specially that my husband has to go to his work on daily basic, my parent in law, and my sister in law and her family lives in Michigan, my Lebanese friends that I got to have during the 9 month in USA, live as well in Michigan, so I am happy that there is lot of Lebanese in Windsor, cause after all it isn't easy to be a stranger in a stranger country, so seeing Lebanese faces will be nice, hope to meet you there when we both are done.
Marlena, I guess what Rasha is saying is a good idea about contacting your MP, since you still don't have a B number in order to track your application on e-cas and quote the number to your communication to the consult, but in some post over this forum, people said that the MP can't get answer unless the application has passed her normal processing time, I don't know, but you won't loose anything by trying.
I guess you can change your mailing address that you have provide the consult with by a Canadian address, I don't know how, but at least you will be sure to receive the mail, because we can not risk missing any mail.
Rasha you said that your file will be re-open in June, does it mean, they are not working on it now, or they are, but you won't get any answer until June.

Leblove

Jul 30, 2009
HELPPPPPPPPPPP I am engaged to a wonderful man in Lebanon, and I am in Canada. How can i get him to Canada? I have not a clue about any of this! We want to be together sooooo bad.. Hes my life! Do i need to go to Lebanon and we marry there.. then i come back to Canada and fill out papers for him or something or he can come here and we can continue our lives together? Or can i get him here without marrying him there?..so we can marry in Canada? We are having so much difficulty being apart! Can someone plssssss give me the correct advice I need in this time of need.. Thanks

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
The first thing you have to do is getting married and after you fill out the application to sponsor him. He can try to apply for a visa to visit you but his chances are very slim to be accepted.Depends on your luck!!!!! The most important part is getting married first and we will be more happy to guide you all the way.
Welcome to this forum!!!!
One thing start gathering all documents(evidence) emails, msn chat, pictures both of you during trips and with friends, letters from family and friends that you relationship is genuine, if you visit him keep boarding passes, telephone bills and make sure that it shows you are calling him. greeting cards, gifts. Anything you think of that can show your relationship is genuine because they play a big role in the application. Start writing love letters, open your heart and do be afraid to explain in a letter how you feel toward him.
Rorita, Boncuk and Rasha if I miss anything I'm sure they will be more happy to assist you...
Don't panic just gather as much evidence for now and get married.
This forum is the answer to all your questions so keep in touch .
Good luck!!!
By the way I sponsored my husband from Lebanon. This week he received his visa... Rorita as well was sponsored by her husband in Canada and she is reunited and happy with him.

jorjjj

Sep 1, 2011
Hey There
I applied to the Damascus office from Lebanon on 20-Jan-2011

Concerning your question, I saw the following news:
"Quebec Immigration Office in Damascus closed as of May 31, 2011

Written by Arton Capital - Friday, 13 May 2011 19:06
For the safety of its clients and staff as well as for maintaining the proper treatment of its immigration cases in the current context in some parts of the Middle East, the Department of Immigration and Cultural Communities chose to close the Quebec Immigration Office in Damascus as of May 31, 2011. Immigration activities held there will now be conducted from the department offices in Montreal.

This news involves no changes to the business category clients, whose treatment has already been based in Montreal in recent years.

Selection interviews conducted by the Ministry with the candidates from Middle East will be held on neighboring territories easily accessible for clients. This practice, common to the Department, is already used in different territories.

The Department is looking forward to continue its activities from the Middle East with the same diligence as quickly as possible."

And Btw, a couple of weeks, i got an SMS confirming the application transaction, that it was done successfully, and the source was in Montreal
So the file arrived in there, and started processing

Hope It Helped....
R-
Georges

nagz2207

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-10-12
Doc's Request.
2011-01-22
AOR Received.
2010-11-09
File Transfer...
2011-11-22
Med's Request
2011-09-30
Med's Done....
2010-08
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
2011-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
2011-10-18
jorjjj said:
Hey There
I applied to the Damascus office from Lebanon on 20-Jan-2011

Concerning your question, I saw the following news:
"Quebec Immigration Office in Damascus closed as of May 31, 2011

Written by Arton Capital - Friday, 13 May 2011 19:06
For the safety of its clients and staff as well as for maintaining the proper treatment of its immigration cases in the current context in some parts of the Middle East, the Department of Immigration and Cultural Communities chose to close the Quebec Immigration Office in Damascus as of May 31, 2011. Immigration activities held there will now be conducted from the department offices in Montreal.

This news involves no changes to the business category clients, whose treatment has already been based in Montreal in recent years.

Selection interviews conducted by the Ministry with the candidates from Middle East will be held on neighboring territories easily accessible for clients. This practice, common to the Department, is already used in different territories.

The Department is looking forward to continue its activities from the Middle East with the same diligence as quickly as possible."

And Btw, a couple of weeks, i got an SMS confirming the application transaction, that it was done successfully, and the source was in Montreal
So the file arrived in there, and started processing

Hope It Helped....
R-
Georges
hey georges you can join our thread about damascus sponsorhip. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t51197.0.html

Tina85

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut/Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Sept-2011
File Transfer...
Nov 24, 2011
Hey everyone!! I am about to send my application to sponsor my husband...How long has it been taking for you guys?

I have a question: So for the marriage certificate, i5raaj 2ayd etc those documemts we need to get translated by a "sworn tranlator" ok, then it says on immigratin guuide all photocopies must be "notrized"...I am still confused on my marrigae certi, it says in arabic " tabaq el asel" then in english translation they wrote " certified true copy issed on__________" is that enough?

w good luck to all the lebanese here :)