+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finally visa in hand after 3 years of waiting.

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sponsorship - Mississauga; PR Application - Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
inflex said:
My wife's experience contradicts your statement. After winning the appeal she had to wait another 7 months before the visa was issued. That's even longer than your husband had to wait. Common sense will dictate that a successfully appealed application will be processed much faster. Other than requesting for another police certificate and medical exam, nothing else was needed for the processing. No interview was needed. May be common sense and restructuring of how they do business is what they need in that office and not more officers. I'm not thrilled dealing with that office but I'm glad it's over.
Sorry to hear about your experience. I think the more recently received applications are the ones being processed more quickly...I know that doesnt make any sense but that seems to be case. Also, the so-called straight-forward applications are processed more quickly, of course.

SweetG

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess its the simple cases, like first time marriage for both parties, dated for a long time before getting married, no children involved, a lot of proof, from same country, same religion, no big age gap....no criminal record, all fees paid at once, all necessary documents sent at the beggining....but even with all that Accra just does things that are beyond common understanding and logic sometimes, but lately it seems they are "trying" to be more efficient....

sorry for Infelx and his wife, for the delay but we can only be happy that all is resolved and not the other way around.....

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
i see your point and you are right. Big age difference should not matter as African ladies marry older men. VO can suspicious if its the other way round which I understand because it is not an African thing to marry older women even though few cases exists. The only thing we can do is pray my people. What is the shortest time Accra has ever produced?

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sponsorship - Mississauga; PR Application - Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
fernendez said:
i see your point and you are right. Big age difference should not matter as African ladies marry older men. VO can suspicious if its the other way round which I understand because it is not an African thing to marry older women even though few cases exists. The only thing we can do is pray my people. What is the shortest time Accra has ever produced?
I have heard of an application being processed in 4 months - someone on this forum (I dont remember the name now).

Our application was processed start to finish (including the very-annoying interview) in exactly 4 months and 3 weeks. I have not heard of anything shorter than 4 months though.