+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finally visa in hand after 3 years of waiting.

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
Congrats,between I think Accra office is the most funny office to deal with. Alot of people complain about their process.

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sponsorship - Mississauga; PR Application - Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
fernendez said:
Congrats,between I think Accra office is the most funny office to deal with. Alot of people complain about their process.
I think Accra has gotten soo much better/faster lately, for sponsoring spouses that is.

inflex

Jun 30, 2011
Boracay said:
Growing up in Vancouver Canada of course it's very common to see Canadian Citizens with foreign spouses.
But until now, going through these steps myself (and hoping my situation doesn't end up like yours) I've realized how much these couples go through to be together.

I believe the love is stronger for couples who go through something like this together. Living with uncertainty is so tough when it comes to matters of the heart.

I'm happy for you two....Your journey now, believe it or not, has just begun.
Oh yes, immigration issues occupy a tiny niche in broader scope of life.

SweetG

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not sure but it seems to be between 6-9months on average from what I've heard....pretty good, hope it stays like this....I also think people are been much more careful with the contents of their application, decreases the back and forth with CIC.

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sponsorship - Mississauga; PR Application - Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
SweetG said:
I am not sure but it seems to be between 6-9months on average from what I've heard....pretty good, hope it stays like this....I also think people are been much more careful with the contents of their application, decreases the back and forth with CIC.
I agree.
Also I read somewhere that visa officers were recently added to Accra and mayb Nairobi to help reduce the long waiting times.

They also seem to be more considerate, like requesting additional docs/forms together with an interview rather than request the docs to be sent first then another long wait before interview request.

I just dont understand y they love interviews so much, without our interview our application would have been done in half the time.

SweetG

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Spicymum can you give more details about your husbands interview please, might help others.

inflex

Jun 30, 2011
spicymum said:
I agree.
Also I read somewhere that visa officers were recently added to Accra and mayb Nairobi to help reduce the long waiting times.

They also seem to be more considerate, like requesting additional docs/forms together with an interview rather than request the docs to be sent first then another long wait before interview request.

I just dont understand y they love interviews so much, without our interview our application would have been done in half the time.
My wife's experience contradicts your statement. After winning the appeal she had to wait another 7 months before the visa was issued. That's even longer than your husband had to wait. Common sense will dictate that a successfully appealed application will be processed much faster. Other than requesting for another police certificate and medical exam, nothing else was needed for the processing. No interview was needed. May be common sense and restructuring of how they do business is what they need in that office and not more officers. I'm not thrilled dealing with that office but I'm glad it's over.

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
it will be a good thing if they really have more visa officers at Accra.Some applications are fast and others slow. I wonder why.

SweetG

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well I think that is really the question here....why are they so damn slow! sometimes I joke with my friends that its because of the slow internet service in ghana.... something has to change but so far there seems to be much improvement, I mean in most cases its less than 12months, but for me its the interview AT ALL COST that they do, havent even heard of any couple that went through accra without interview.....thats what sucks, no matter how good and detailed their application is.

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
You are right sweet g, i have not seen any couple going through Accra without interview. Even Indians don't get interviewed a times. I think they just have a bias towards Africans generally. I have read cases been finalized within 3 to 5 months which is good but the spouse assessment is now taking 73days from Mississauga.

God will help us all.

SweetG

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes only God can help us indeed, I've been reading about a pilot case processing center in ottawa, what is that about and what applications go there?

i guess its due to the postal strike the slowdown, but maybe that is helping the PR section.......hopefully,

The thing about the indians its true, my friend spnsored her husband the two of them have the same last name, he was here within 4months no interview!!! imagine that in accra....like DNA test for sure! plus interview accusing of incest!

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
Sweet G,its no news what the people you mentioned do. For some strange reasons Accra is funny. Even the sponsor's approval is now taking time. A few people are getting it fast in Accra now. All we can do is pray.