+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filipino Nurses applying for Quebec

babeerino

Star Member
Sep 25, 2012
Hi guys! I would like to ask and clarify something. The 20,000 cap for the QSW program applies for all the applicants who already applied even before the new regulations released last August 1, 2013 or did the quota of 20,000 only started after august 1? I am quite worried what will happen if my application won't make it in the 20,000 quota since I am just about to pass.

Also,does anyone here know anyone personally who is already in Quebec through the QSW Program? If yes, did they do it alone or through an agency?

Thank you very much for any help you can give me :D :D :D

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
carielilviztie said:
hi..i tried to read french books from AF without attending their classes, and it seems impossible to learn how to speak french without the actual teacher from AF...yup, you may know the meaning of the word but you will never know the right pronunciation and intonation of those word if you only read those books...anyone who wants to learn french must attend classes in AF or somewhere they find it affordable...
that is true, it's still best to at least go through classes for a1 and perhaps even a2, just to learn how to pronounce. then after that, it's easier to do self study. although, the alter ego books do have cd's that will help with the pronunciation. but before deciding to enroll in classes with a very tight budget, you might want to try downloading French by Michel Thomas first. he links english to french, so french is easier to learn. he also teaches a little bit about pronunciation as well. then do the youtube videos that other people have suggested. then go to the a1 book again... see if there's a difference ;)

carielilviztie

Dec 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 29, 2015 (Federal)
Nomination.....
CSQ December 15, 2014
Med's Request
July 13, 2015 and RPRF
Med's Done....
July 21, 2015 and Paid RPRF July 22, 2015
Interview........
Waived...
Passport Req..
February 01, 2016 (DECISION MADE on e-cas Feb 02, 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 01, 2016
LANDED..........
June 24, 2016
babeerino said:
Hi guys! I would like to ask and clarify something. The 20,000 cap for the QSW program applies for all the applicants who already applied even before the new regulations released last August 1, 2013 or did the quota of 20,000 only started after august 1? I am quite worried what will happen if my application won't make it in the 20,000 quota since I am just about to pass.

Also,does anyone here know anyone personally who is already in Quebec through the QSW Program? If yes, did they do it alone or through an agency?

Thank you very much for any help you can give me :D :D :D
The 20,000 quota applies to the applicants who submitted on or after August 1, 2013, yup i know a lot of QSW applicants who are now in Montreal who did not go through any immigration consultants or agencies, they only relied on the information generated from this thread and personal readings.... ;D

babeerino

Star Member
Sep 25, 2012
carielilviztie said:
The 20,000 quota applies to the applicants who submitted on or after August 1, 2013, yup i know a lot of QSW applicants who are now in Montreal who did not go through any immigration consultants or agencies, they only relied on the information generated from this thread and personal readings.... ;D
Wow good for them! ;D that is very motivating althoug i have to admit the 20,000 cap quite worries me because i find it too small of a number for applicants all over the world interested in the same program as us. :( i dont know what will happen to my application if ever i dont get in the 20,000. :-[

eciralc12

Jun 28, 2013
raistlin17phil said:
hindi transparent ang Quebec pagdating sa processing nila. I did not find any explanation sa website on how they are going to handle the 20k cap, but since an AOR means that your file is already opened (and fees paid) and there has been several verifications done already once you reach this level, logic seems to dictate that getting an AOR means pasok ka na sa cap. it doesn't seem fair naman kasi na kukunin nila ang bayad natin tapos i-rereject lang dahil over na sa cap...
Thank u sa pagreply mo.. Appreciated much!;)

kurtsebastian

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babeerino said:
Wow good for them! ;D that is very motivating althoug i have to admit the 20,000 cap quite worries me because i find it too small of a number for applicants all over the world interested in the same program as us. :( i dont know what will happen to my application if ever i dont get in the 20,000. :-[
So better prepare your application now. I highly doubt that it will be filled in just 1 month, thinking that there are too many documents to prepare. All the best. Stop worrying mate.

jetoquebec

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
kurtsebastian said:
Hello, san kayo nakakabili ng alter ego na book? Thanks.
hi, I have alter ego 1 hanggang alter ego 4. maybe I can offer you same price tulad sa afm na rin kung gusto mo. I also have more other learning materials if you want. PM me kung interesado. kaya lang sa nueva ecija area lang ako preferably Cabanatuan medyo busy kc. just want to share kung gusto mo :D

carielilviztie

Dec 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
CSQ December 15, 2014
Med's Request
July 13, 2015 and RPRF
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 01, 2016
LANDED..........
June 24, 2016
True!.. it won't be filled up easily..

mommy_pinay

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
carielilviztie said:
True!.. it won't be filled up easily..
I think all those who already have AOR are not included in the CAP kase old rules pa din sila. For us without AOR, we are included in the 20,000 CAP, and from what I read last time, 190 visa lang bibigay sa mga skilled worker sa Pinas. most visas allocated for the Philippines are for Caregiver's family na almost 5000.

I am praying for God's grace na sana pag di nila ma fill in ung 5000 eh ibigay nila sa mga skilled worker ung visa allocation.

babeerino

Star Member
Sep 25, 2012
mommy_pinay said:
I think all those who already have AOR are not included in the CAP kase old rules pa din sila. For us without AOR, we are included in the 20,000 CAP, and from what I read last time, 190 visa lang bibigay sa mga skilled worker sa Pinas. most visas allocated for the Philippines are for Caregiver's family na almost 5000.

I am praying for God's grace na sana pag di nila ma fill in ung 5000 eh ibigay nila sa mga skilled worker ung visa allocation.
Hi ;) Thank you for sharing. I would like to as po what's the meaning of AOR? Sorry Im not really familiar with the acronyms yet. And also Im quite worried about the 20,000 cap and now the 190 visas for skilled workers. :eek: Oh no ???

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
mommy_pinay said:

Pwede pong makuha yung link kung saan nyo po ito nabasa? Merci! :)

carielilviztie

Dec 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
CSQ December 15, 2014
Med's Request
July 13, 2015 and RPRF
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 01, 2016
LANDED..........
June 24, 2016
mommy_pinay said:

You will be included on the 20,000 CAP if the Montreal office receives your application documents on or after the August 1, 2013... ONLY 190 visas for applicants coming from Philippines DEFINITELY NOT TRUE. :eek: :eek:... visas allocated for Caregiver program is far different from visas allocated for successful QSW applicants....Caregiver program and QSW program are different........anyhow, we would love to see the link or website of your sources...that's a new info for us... :)

mommy_pinay

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
carielilviztie said:
You will be included on the 20,000 CAP if the Montreal office receives your application documents on or after the August 1, 2013... ONLY 190 visas for applicants coming from Philippines DEFINITELY NOT TRUE. :eek: :eek:... visas allocated for Caregiver program is far different from visas allocated for successful QSW applicants....Caregiver program and QSW program are different........anyhow, we would love to see the link or website of your sources...that's a new info for us... :)
www_dot_micc_dot_gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/planification/Plan-immigration-2013.pdf

This is not the one but it will help.

I will check my history for the link that was shared to me, I somehow forgot to save it. Seriously I was referring to QSW - Philippines. Because the document that was shared to me have a list of countries and each countries how many visas will be given. The Philippines all in all will be given 22000 + visa, that is including all sorts of visas ( family sponsorship, student, QSW, and temporary work permit) I only took note of QSW and felt bad because the number of visa allocated for Caregiver's family sponsorship is 5000. and QSW skilled for Philippine applicants is 190 only.

But I will get back to you once I find the link.

joidiple

Oct 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
carielilviztie said:
the 190 visas is true that is at the federal stage , however that is just a budget they can process more or less than that.

this is the link you were askin for, already posted in the other forum

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/ips/economic.asp

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
joidiple said:
the 190 visas is true that is at the federal stage , however that is just a budget they can process more or less than that.

this is the link you were askin for, already posted in the other forum

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/ips/economic.asp
Thank you for the link. So ibig-sabihin pila na naman pagkatapos makuha ang CSQ? Hindi naman denial, right? Sana nga ilipat na lang nila yung mga di nagamit na visas ng Caregivers, after all, sa pagkakaalam ko sa caregiver program you need to have an employer already. Sa ganitong set-up, hindi nga naman yata nila mauubos yung 5k.