+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filed in September 2009?

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
garian4u - I think you have a wrong understanding about the police clearance certificate.

"You may begin to gather your police certificates before submitting your application to the CIO. Although you will not submit the police certificate to the CIO, you must be ready to submit them to a visa office if your application is recommended for further assessment at a Canadian visa office. When you submit the application to the visa office please ensure that your certificates were not issued more than three months before you submitted your application to the CIO."

The certificates should not be issued more than 3 months BEFORE we submitted our application to the CIO. So it means that we can get it anytime after submitting it to the CIO and before we submit it to the visa office. You agree?

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
And, regarding getting the police clearance from here, I am really doubting it is a good idea for me to send my passport to the embassy at this point of time. My travel dates are also confirmed and it is in the first week of Jan 2010. I have hardly 40 days left and do not want to take risk by sending my passport now.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi, you are dead on regarding the validity of the police certificates. It is my mistake. I had gone by word of mouth of a few people and also from some forum postings. Thanks for the extract from EG7. I should have applied earlier to the FBI and used cashier's check only. Last time, I did through cashier's check and got it within 2 weeks. Anyways, can't rectify the fault now. Regarding India PCC, I don't know which consulate you fall under and each consulate may have different rules. But, I will tell you about SFO and you can enquire from your consulate. When you apply for the PCC, you do not need to send the passport, you only send notarized photocopies of 1st 3 and last 2 pages. When your PCC is received by the consulate, they call your number to ask for the passport. You then have a choice - if you visit the consulate in person, you will get it that day. If you mail in, after receipt, you will get it back within 2-3 days. Only point to take care of, you can't appear for IELTS, without passport, so take care not to send your passport if your IELTS is within a week.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Pasi, you are dead on regarding the validity of the police certificates. It is my mistake. I had gone by word of mouth of a few people and also from some forum postings. Thanks for the extract from EG7. I should have applied earlier to the FBI and used cashier's check only. Last time, I did through cashier's check and got it within 2 weeks. Anyways, can't rectify the fault now. Regarding India PCC, I don't know which consulate you fall under and each consulate may have different rules. But, I will tell you about SFO and you can enquire from your consulate. When you apply for the PCC, you do not need to send the passport, you only send notarized photocopies of 1st 3 and last 2 pages. When your PCC is received by the consulate, they call your number to ask for the passport. You then have a choice - if you visit the consulate in person, you will get it that day. If you mail in, after receipt, you will get it back within 2-3 days. Only point to take care of, you can't appear for IELTS, without passport, so take care not to send your passport if your IELTS is within a week.
did you have any sample filled form for indian PCC from SFO indian consulate. I am staying near bakersfield california. I also come under SFO indian consulate, I seen the form online and confused to fill out. I need to know how to fill it and send to indian consulate, SFO is far near 7hours drive by car from my home, so better I will send it using UPS or Fedex.
your help is valueable for me. please writem in details if you have time on ommnetinfosys@yahoo.com
thanks.
ommkumar desai

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
garian4u - thanks for the info. I live in North Carolina which falls under the Washington DC embassy. I checked the SFO embassy website and saw that they are accepting copies of passport. I went back and checked the Washington DC embassy site and they say the following:

POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE: Submit completed Miscellaneous Services form with fee of $20/
and original passport.

Let me try calling the embassy on Monday and ask them if they will accept notarized copies. If they can do that, my work will be easy.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Omm, I will reply to your personal e-mail ID in detail. But, it's really simple. But, I agree it's confusing. At 2 places, it's written original passport required, but only at one place it's written send only copies now :)

Pasi, yeps, it's best to call and confirm. Though I checked the Washington DC embassy website, and here's what's written at the home page for Miscellaneous services (including PCC):
To obtain the services listed below, applicant/s should
a. Fill in “the Miscellaneous Service Form” with photograph
b. Two proofs of residential address of the applicant, which may include current Driving License, Utility Bill, rent lease agreement showing the residential address.
Note: Bank/credit card/mobile phone statements are not accepted as residence proof.
Photocopy of the first and last 2 pages of the passport
d. Copies of the pages showing the US Visa or Green Card, EAD or other documents
Though inside the “the Miscellaneous Service Form”, it has mentioned original passport. I am certain it's the same case as SFO - not required while applying

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ohhh, I forgot to mention the URL, from where I read the previous info:
http://www.indianembassy.org/newsite/misc_guide.asp

Indian embassy can't hold your passport for that long. That is the most important identity document for aliens

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Thanks garian4u.. I had seen this earlier and checked once again today. I think I should try doing it the way you are saying. I ll get the notarized copy and send it to DC in the next week. Let me see if they are going to process it, if not, no loss. I ll get it from India..

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Omm, I will reply to your personal e-mail ID in detail. But, it's really simple. But, I agree it's confusing. At 2 places, it's written original passport required, but only at one place it's written send only copies now :)

Pasi, yeps, it's best to call and confirm. Though I checked the Washington DC embassy website, and here's what's written at the home page for Miscellaneous services (including PCC):
To obtain the services listed below, applicant/s should
a. Fill in “the Miscellaneous Service Form” with photograph
b. Two proofs of residential address of the applicant, which may include current Driving License, Utility Bill, rent lease agreement showing the residential address.
Note: Bank/credit card/mobile phone statements are not accepted as residence proof.
Photocopy of the first and last 2 pages of the passport
d. Copies of the pages showing the US Visa or Green Card, EAD or other documents
Though inside the “the Miscellaneous Service Form”, it has mentioned original passport. I am certain it's the same case as SFO - not required while applying
right and mostly confussion is that form is for all miscellaneousservices the PCC is we have to check manually, and some part of form also make confussion.
Thanks garian4u.
Ommkumar desai

yhya_kuraz

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
17-11-2009
File Transfer...
16-12-2009
Med's Request
23-03-2012
Med's Done....
14-04-2012
yesIcan said:
yhya_kuraz said:
Now i can breath normally
finally i recieved the reference No. and the 120 days start
good luck for all

Application sent to CIO: 15 Sep 2009
Application received by CIO: 18 Sep 2009
Fee Payment Encashed: 5 Nov. 2009
AOR: 17 Nov. 2009
NOC: 4121
Visa Office: London, UK
submition from: UAE
congratulations yhya_kuraz
thanks alot and congratulation for you yesican

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats to you both, Mailvdutt & YesICan.

Full application and documentation is the deal now!

prospective

Aug 27, 2009
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2009
Doc's Request.
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
26-04-2010
Med's Request
Oct 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
Congratulationsss to all sept filers who have received AOR. I hope my number will come soon.

rizela

Star Member
Sep 28, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations to everyone who already received their AORs.

I'm a last week of September filer and hopefully, with God's help,
i'll be getting my AOR next week or 1st week of December.

Good luck to everyone!