File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is it bad if your file transferred to Etobicoke?

I figured most Toronto applicants are processed by that office.

Thanks
It depends. Sometimes files are transferred to the Etobicoke for secondary review where there are some concerns with the application. So it can be a concern. When did you submit your application? What steps have been completed so far? Have you ordered GCMS notes recently?

Mar 30, 2023
Yes, I have ordered gcms, just criminality and security are in progress remaining stuff completed last update was medical passed on Nov 1st

colgate1

Star Member
Jul 1, 2023
It depends. Sometimes files are transferred to the Etobicoke for secondary review where there are some concerns with the application. So it can be a concern. When did you submit your application? What steps have been completed so far? Have you ordered GCMS notes recently?
Gotcha! Our application was not transferred to Etobicoke. I was just curious and thank you for the explanation.

What office processes inland applications unless they are transferred to Etobicoke? Thank you.

faithfactor

Jul 8, 2024
Hello everyone. My wife did a inland spousal sponsorship application, and work permit, I aslo have non accompanying dependent child on the application, i was out of status for 8 months also, my visitors visa was expired. we submitted on September 15, 2023. We received Aor December 9, 2023, got biometric request on January 25, 2024 did the biometrics same day. Immigration requested medical for child. I wrote back to immigration stating that i tried all offort but my son mother will not comply. I also sent evidence, I wrote that i fully understand that i wll not be able to sponsor my son ever. I also sent letter my mom wrote that she also tired to reach out to my son's mother that was signed by J.p. in Jamaica, immigration then requested my medical on February 15, i did the medical same day. On March 8, 2024 we received pre arival letter, then got another request for son medical. I sent more evidence and another letter stating ive exhaust all options. then on March 12, received sponsors eligibility letter, we didn't hear back from immigration for 2 months, then we received BLV. 9 days after that I received a Email saying that I'm approved for work permit and that it's issued to me, and will be in my mailbox soon. I got my workpermit 14 days ago, workpermit state doesn't confer temporary status.
I was expecting to get PR approved. But instead I got a letter from ircc saying my documents has been transferred to etobicoke for further assessment. So my question is due to the fact that I've passed all the stages to get PR, how long will it take for me to hear for Etobicoke to assess my application? And do you think its related to my non accompanying child? Thank you.

Jax01

Star Member
Jan 15, 2024
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
07 oct 2023
AOR Received.
07 nov
File Transfer...
12 January 2024
Med's Request
23 nov 2023
Med's Done....
29 nov 2023
Hello, i need help. I have called IRCC on 2100 number but the automated service is not telling me the status of the application. After entering the info they confirm the date of application submitted say to better help you we are now transferring you to our customer rep. and keep transferring to agent and then say they are busy call later. Anybody else experiencing that! @scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, i need help. I have called IRCC on 2100 number but the automated service is not telling me the status of the application. After entering the info they confirm the date of application submitted say to better help you we are now transferring you to our customer rep. and keep transferring to agent and then say they are busy call later. Anybody else experiencing that! @scylla
The phone lines are often very busy. You have to try calling back at different times of the day.

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
The phone lines are often very busy. You have to try calling back at different times of the day.
If I call how will that help my case lol, I’m asking because on the document they sent me they said not to send multiple emails because that’ll throw off my file and the order it is in and they didn’t give me a number to reach out to just an address.. I feel I need to reach out because my file has been there over 6 months now and no correspondence.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If I call how will that help my case lol, I’m asking because on the document they sent me they said not to send multiple emails because that’ll throw off my file and the order it is in and they didn’t give me a number to reach out to just an address.. I feel I need to reach out because my file has been there over 6 months now and no correspondence.
Calling the help desk doesn't help a case. It's just a way to inquire about status. Depending on the complexity of your application, you may get more information from GCMS notes.

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
Calling the help desk doesn't help a case. It's just a way to inquire about status. Depending on the complexity of your application, you may get more information from GCMS notes.
I figured that’s why I haven’t called, I just get surprised when I see others saying they’re calling or they’ve called.

swagger

Nov 22, 2014
Visa Office......
Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
9-7-15
Doc's Request.
passed
IELTS Request
6bands
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
passed
Interview........
-
VISA ISSUED...
22-7-15
LANDED..........
7-8-15
Hello everyone. My wife did a inland spousal sponsorship application, and work permit, I aslo have non accompanying dependent child on the application, i was out of status for 8 months also, my visitors visa was expired. we submitted on September 15, 2023. We received Aor December 9, 2023, got biometric request on January 25, 2024 did the biometrics same day. Immigration requested medical for child. I wrote back to immigration stating that i tried all offort but my son mother will not comply. I also sent evidence, I wrote that i fully understand that i wll not be able to sponsor my son ever. I also sent letter my mom wrote that she also tired to reach out to my son's mother that was signed by J.p. in Jamaica, immigration then requested my medical on February 15, i did the medical same day. On March 8, 2024 we received pre arival letter, then got another request for son medical. I sent more evidence and another letter stating ive exhaust all options. then on March 12, received sponsors eligibility letter, we didn't hear back from immigration for 2 months, then we received BLV. 9 days after that I received a Email saying that I'm approved for work permit and that it's issued to me, and will be in my mailbox soon. I got my workpermit 14 days ago, workpermit state doesn't confer temporary status.
I was expecting to get PR approved. But instead I got a letter from ircc saying my documents has been transferred to etobicoke for further assessment. So my question is due to the fact that I've passed all the stages to get PR, how long will it take for me to hear for Etobicoke to assess my application? And do you think its related to my non accompanying child? Thank you.
Did you recieved final deciison date in you gc key account

Jax01

Star Member
Jan 15, 2024
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
07 oct 2023
AOR Received.
07 nov
File Transfer...
12 January 2024
Med's Request
23 nov 2023
Med's Done....
29 nov 2023
We have received our PR approval today morning. Application has been approved yesterday.

Jax01

Star Member
Jan 15, 2024
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
07 oct 2023
AOR Received.
07 nov
File Transfer...
12 January 2024
Med's Request
23 nov 2023
Med's Done....
29 nov 2023
Awesome it’s almost the end of the Road for you, how long has it been since your file has been at Etobicoke.
I hope so too. we still have his exclusion order to sort out