wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eng_Mtl said:
Hey everyone,

I just got an email about my medical request sent on 30 March 2011 to my old address. Now they will send it to my new address. Another month wasted on stupid mistake.

Also they told me my file number is EP0000xxxx, does anyone knows about this file number format ?

Thanks
My file number also starts with EP0000. I used to have a file number starting with Bxxxx, but under new computer system Buffalo changed my file number.

However, I cannot access to eCAS with new file number starting EP0000.

I use old B number or client ID to log in eCAS.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
wcikkk said:
Thanks. I also googled about this information, and found out that provincial government cannot restrict mobility right.
yep. They cannot restrict you to move around. I'm also hoping to move back to Ontario when I have PR. I hate the two-everything (like two tax system: Fed, Qc) that's a waiste of time. Within an year I might move temporarily to Ottawa, and then back to Niagara Region.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Retrieved from: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/canada-post-strike.asp#a3

If your temporary resident status (e.g., as a worker, student or visitor) is about to expire, you should ensure that your application to extend your status is received by CIC before your status expires as shown on your immigration document. If you do this, your period of authorized stay as a temporary resident will be extended by law until a decision is made and you are notified. In this case, you are considered to have implied status as a temporary resident during that time, as long as you stay in Canada.

Note: “Implied status” only applies if your conditions do not change. For example, if you apply to renew your study permit and the permit expires before you receive an answer, you can continue to study in Canada until you receive a decision. If you hold a work permit, you may continue working under the same conditions as your previous work permit while on implied status if you have applied to extend your stay in Canada as a worker.

As a temporary measure, if your status is about to expire during the postal strike and you cannot use online applications or courier services to extend your status as a temporary resident, CIC will grant you an implied status for the length of the strike. In that case, you will be given a one-month grace period after the strike to submit an application to extend your status without having to restore your status.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
any news to share? none on my side, except that today I officially entered my 9th month since Buffalo rec'd my file.

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ae03yy said:
any news to share? none on my side, except that today I officially entered my 9th month since Buffalo rec'd my file.
Nothing on my side either. It's been 10 months for me. June is 11th.

I mailed CIAPS request May 1st, but still haven't received.

So far, I've been controlling frustrations quite well.

Buffalo office is closed for walk-in service this week in order to deal with their backlog.

Hope to have good news pretty soon.

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nothing on my end either, June is my 10th month. Still no sign of my CAIPS notes even though I applied for it 2 months ago. I think I'm going to mail another application but who knows when that will reach considering the rotating strikes are on.

armin

May 31, 2011
Hello guys, got a mail today from buffalo saying that they are now doing the background check. Hope that it won't be too long!

good luck amigos!

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
Looks like we are caught in QC vs Canada game ?? Does it explain the ever-longer waiting time on our cases ?
check this out :

http://www.radio-canada.ca/nouvelles/National/2011/06/08/001-immigrer-quebec-plus-long.shtml

Nkusi.

armin

May 31, 2011
nkusi said:
Looks like we are caught in QC vs Canada game ?? Does it explain the ever-longer waiting time on our cases ?
check this out :

Nkusi.
thank you for this article nkusi, it's kind of scary when you know that your application may take more than 1 year especially when you apply from canada where it should be done faster... i've read some cases of people who have waited 2 years to have their PR. anyway let's hope that the buffalo machine will be more efficient in these following months.

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi armin (or Toutenfinesse ?)

I hope your background check will not be long. Did you send them an email to have this response ? Or they send it on their own ?

Did you apply for CAIPS ?

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
@armin
Hello guys, got a mail today from buffalo saying that they are now doing the background check. Hope that it won't be too long!

good luck amigos!
What is your timeline ?
Is this background check done before the AOR & medicals or after it ?

Nkusi

armin

May 31, 2011
admontreal said:
Hi armin (or Toutenfinesse ?)

I hope your background check will not be long. Did you send them an email to have this response ? Or they send it on their own ?

Did you apply for CAIPS ?
hey admontreal : ) yep it's me toutenfinesse.
i sent an email 2 weeks ago and got the answer yesterday. about caips, i'm not thinking about doing it right now, maybe in 1 or 2 months if i don't get any news from them

armin

May 31, 2011
nkusi said:
@ armin
What is your timeline ?
Is this background check done before the AOR & medicals or after it ?

Nkusi
application sent: 29/11/2010
aor and medical: 8/3/2011
confirmation of reception of med by buffalo : 27/4/2011

i think that they started the B.C after the reception of my med exams.

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
@ armin,

Seems your file is quite speedy compared to most of us. Lucky you. Sent in November , and in April they received your med already ?? That is quite speedy.

Did they confirm the reception of your medicals by themselves , or you had to call (Ottawa or Buffalo ?) ?

Let's wait and see what the "new computer system" will come up with .

have a nice evening, ya all !

Nkusi.

armin

May 31, 2011
Nkusi,

i sent an email to buffalo asking them if they received my meds. i think we have the same timeline bro, hope this procedure will finish soon.