+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal application for QUEBEC workers from Buffalo, USA

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beenwaitingforlong said:
hey, does anyone know what they mean by using a different system for those who apply to buffalo from USA in the federal part of the application..And when they say " In Process", does it mean they are doing background check..I don't understand what takes so long to get an answer from them. If they already have the Police certificate...FBI..blablabla..why does it take so long to get an answer..I emailed them on January and they said that application is in Process..and it only showed online not too long ago...this seems to be like a catch 22..I am gonna wait until the end of this month and email them again because then I would have completed 14 months of the federal part of QSW...Good luck to everybody..I hope we get PPR tonight..all of us:)
Salam.
From what I have read in the forums:
- I do not think using a different system is true. We all follow the same procedure and steps. It is just a matter of time that differ from a case to the other.
- My understanding is that they start doing the background check from the time they send you the AOR. "In Process" can mean that your file is out of the storage cabinet and ready for a PR.
- It says in their website that you can email them if it is taking longer than what is the processing time table.
Khyran...

beenwaitingforlong

Mar 29, 2012
Brother Speednab,
thank you very much for your answer. It means a lot to me that you enlighten us with your knowledge about the Canadian Immigration system. Inshallah all this torture and games will come to an end soon so We can start all over again in Quebec..I really do appreciate your help..Thank you very much and all the best wishes to you...Jazak Allahou Khairan:)

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beenwaitingforlong said:
Brother Speednab,
thank you very much for your answer. It means a lot to me that you enlighten us with your knowledge about the Canadian Immigration system. Inshallah all this torture and games will come to an end soon so We can start all over again in Quebec..I really do appreciate your help..Thank you very much and all the best wishes to you...Jazak Allahou Khairan:)
Salam Brother.
Waiyyakum. You are very welcome. I hope everything will work just fine with you. Let me know if you need any help.

help101

Star Member
Jun 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18, 2011
Doc's Request.
March 11, 2013
AOR Received.
October 27, 2011
File Transfer...
July 7, 2012
Med's Request
February 21, 2013
Med's Done....
February 27, 2013
Passport Req..
April 22, 2013

beenwaitingforlong

Mar 29, 2012
Hi there,
I don't think that it will affect us but it would affect all those who applied for CSQ because the number of those who would be admitted from outside Canada to Quebec would not be more the 14.800..but we are almost there especially after doing the medical and everything...So we should be alright...All the best

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
beenwaitingforlong said:
Hi there,
I don't think that it will affect us but it would affect all those who applied for CSQ because the number of those who would be admitted from outside Canada to Quebec would not be more the 14.800..but we are almost there especially after doing the medical and everything...So we should be alright...All the best
WHAT ABOUT THOSE WHO HAS RECIEVED THEIR CSQ AND WAITING TO APPLY FOR THE FEDERAL?...WILL THEY BE AFFECTED ALSO?

beenwaitingforlong

Mar 29, 2012
xse2573 said:
WHAT ABOUT THOSE WHO HAS RECIEVED THEIR CSQ AND WAITING TO APPLY FOR THE FEDERAL?...WILL THEY BE AFFECTED ALSO?
i THINK THE NEW LAW AFFECTS ALL THE APPLICANTS WHOSE APPLICATION REACHED QUEBEC AFTER MARCH 20TH. BUT IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THE CSQ, THE FEDERAL APPLICATION IS ONLY FOR MEDICAL AND BACKGROUND CHECK..SO THE CSQ CONSTITUTES AND ACCEPTANCE IN ITSELF.....................GOOD LUCK

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beenwaitingforlong said:
i THINK THE NEW LAW AFFECTS ALL THE APPLICANTS WHOSE APPLICATION REACHED QUEBEC AFTER MARCH 20TH. BUT IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THE CSQ, THE FEDERAL APPLICATION IS ONLY FOR MEDICAL AND BACKGROUND CHECK..SO THE CSQ CONSTITUTES AND ACCEPTANCE IN ITSELF.....................GOOD LUCK
Salam..Well said.

beenwaitingforlong

Mar 29, 2012
speednab said:
Salam..Well said.
Salam Speednab,
I have actually read these articles in this forum or some other forum. Two of them were related to all the other federal programs including FSW..PNP.... And the other one was related to QSW..So those who had applied before 2008 for the federal programs had their applications returned to them. However, the QSW who had their CSQ would not be affected by the new law..Yet, my question is: if we all applied from USA to Quebec or from Quebec, does our country of origin intervene in waiting torture...lol

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beenwaitingforlong said:
Salam Speednab,
I have actually read these articles in this forum or some other forum. Two of them were related to all the other federal programs including FSW..PNP.... And the other one was related to QSW..So those who had applied before 2008 for the federal programs had their applications returned to them. However, the QSW who had their CSQ would not be affected by the new law..Yet, my question is: if we all applied from USA to Quebec or from Quebec, does our country of origin intervene in waiting torture...lol
Salam Brother.
I remember the articles from this forum provided by "Hanisuleiman"
Regarding your question, I have read that the final review of the police certificate is long in many of the countries than the European ones. I believe we are both in the same boat as our origine is North Africa. You are in nchaAllah soon..

beenwaitingforlong

Mar 29, 2012
speednab said:
Salam Brother.
I remember the articles from this forum provided by "Hanisuleiman"
Regarding your question, I have read that the final review of the police certificate is long in many of the countries than the European ones. I believe we are both in the same boat as our origine is North Africa. You are in nchaAllah soon..
Salam brother,
as long as they do not exceed 14 months for the federal part, I am okay with that..I really hope it does not take any longer than that..it has been so months already..lol...and by the way, where are you from exactly...I assume that maybe you are Moroccan..correct me if I am wrong:)

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beenwaitingforlong said:
Salam brother,
as long as they do not exceed 14 months for the federal part, I am okay with that..I really hope it does not take any longer than that..it has been so months already..lol...and by the way, where are you from exactly...I assume that maybe you are Moroccan..correct me if I am wrong:)
Salam brother,
InchaAllah will not take longer. Just email them right after it does exceed the 14 months.
You are right, I am :).

beenwaitingforlong

Mar 29, 2012
speednab said:
Salam brother,
InchaAllah will not take longer. Just email them right after it does exceed the 14 months.
You are right, I am :).
Salam brother,
I was wondering about my credit score in USA...can that be transferred over to Quebec or do we have to start all over again? And Also all these American credit cards, I am sure that I can use them there but they will charge more for using them in a foreign country..So i think it is better to cancel them, right?

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
beenwaitingforlong said:
Salam brother,
I was wondering about my credit score in USA...can that be transferred over to Quebec or do we have to start all over again? And Also all these American credit cards, I am sure that I can use them there but they will charge more for using them in a foreign country..So i think it is better to cancel them, right?
You can still retail your credit scores in the U.S. if you maintain your constant usage and payment on your cards...but this is very expensive in terms of charges. And some CC like capitalone and many others have a Canada own too and l believe those like that can be transferable. But there is also CC from banks like TD which gives $5000CAD starting base to new immigrants too!.And you can operate TD-Canada side by side with TD U.S....But for me l am cancelling those Bank CC and I will retain Store CC like Macys, JCPenny etc just to retain my scores

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beenwaitingforlong said:
Salam brother,
Salam Brother.
As far as I know, you need to start all over in Canada. So It is better to cancel them.