Passport Req..
30/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
2/4/2012
LANDED..........
2/4/2012
Peace said:
@ Hanisuliman, Congrats man.
How did u get ur PR . by mail or email???
Thanks and good luck in ur landing
Thanks man..by email..

beenwaitingforlong

Mar 29, 2012
Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum, and I am one of the applicants from USA, even though I am originally from Tunisia. I filed my federal application on Feb 24 2011 and did my on Oct 05 after the AOR and Med request on September 16. Since then I have not heard anything from buffalo even though my application was complete and included CSQ and all the required documents. I just don't understand how it is going to take until I get my PPR...It is very frustrating. my address disappeared from E-CAS around mid-January..and still nothing so far. I emailed Buffalo to inquire about the status of my application and they replied with the following:

Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete.
Canadian Consulate General Buffalo
Immigration Section
In another email, they said that they use a completely different system for those who apply from outside Canada..However, we would have an E-Cas if it is that different, and why would my address disappear like you guys who applied from within Canada?
Any comments are appreciated, good luck to you all :)

Peace

Mar 8, 2010
Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum, and I am one of the applicants from USA, even though I am originally from Tunisia. I filed my federal application on Feb 24 2011 and did my on Oct 05 after the AOR and Med request on September 16. Since then I have not heard anything from buffalo even though my application was complete and included CSQ and all the required documents. I just don't understand how it is going to take until I get my PPR...It is very frustrating. my address disappeared from E-CAS around mid-January..and still nothing so far. I emailed Buffalo to inquire about the status of my application and they replied with the following:

Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete.
Canadian Consulate General Buffalo
Immigration Section
In another email, they said that they use a completely different system for those who apply from outside Canada..However, we would have an E-Cas if it is that different, and why would my address disappear like you guys who applied from within Canada?
Any comments are appreciated, good luck to you all
Just be patient, it takes about 12 to 13 months to get the ppr, you shoud be hearing something very soon, and good luck.

Peace

Mar 8, 2010
Thanks man..by email..
@ hani suliman, Thanks , i am checking my email everyday, i should be right behind you " inchallah"
i did my meds in december, i am waiting for that email. my wife and son are still overseas, when i get the ppr am gonna have to have them mail the passports to me in the States, so i can mail everything together.
once again congrats and good luck finding a job.

beenwaitingforlong

Mar 29, 2012
Peace said:
Just be patient, it takes about 12 to 13 months to get the ppr, you shoud be hearing something very soon, and good luck.
thank you Peace for your reply, this month on the 24th, it would be 14 months since I filed my application. Even my E-Cas says " In Process, which they did actually tell it is in process since mid January 2012. I just don't if it is taking so long because of the background check. My file is complete and has all the required docs including FBI certificate and another Police clearance from Tunisia...I also heard that when they update your file to " In Process", it takes 10 days to 1 month to issue PPR email. I don't know if that is true. Also, does anyone know if I can get my PR visa in person from Buffalo VO.. Lets Share infos, since we r all in the same boat..Thank you and good luck to everyone: :D

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beenwaitingforlong said:
thank you Peace for your reply, this month on the 24th, it would be 14 months since I filed my application. Even my E-Cas says " In Process, which they did actually tell it is in process since mid January 2012. I just don't if it is taking so long because of the background check. My file is complete and has all the required docs including FBI certificate and another Police clearance from Tunisia...I also heard that when they update your file to " In Process", it takes 10 days to 1 month to issue PPR email. I don't know if that is true. Also, does anyone know if I can get my PR visa in person from Buffalo VO.. Lets Share infos, since we r all in the same boat..Thank you and good luck to everyone: :D
Hi I got my PPR exactly 2 weeks from the time it went to IN PROCESS.

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beenwaitingforlong said:
Salam Brother.
1. If it is over 14 months then you need to email Buffalo as mentioned in their website.
2. It may take even few months after It is updated to "In process". It is case by case and differ from QSW, FSW, PNP, AINP..
3. You can definitly get your PR visa in person from Buffalo VO. It may take a couple of hours.
I hope this info is helpful!

beenwaitingforlong

Mar 29, 2012
speednab said:
Salam Brother.
1. If it is over 14 months then you need to email Buffalo as mentioned in their website.
2. It may take even few months after It is updated to "In process". It is case by case and differ from QSW, FSW, PNP, AINP..
3. You can definitly get your PR visa in person from Buffalo VO. It may take a couple of hours.
I hope this info is helpful!
Salam Speednab,
Thank you everyone for your replies. It has not been 14 months yet. but since my application was received in Buffalo Feb 24, 2011, it would be 14 months, this month on the 24th. So just 23 days left to complete 14 months. I hope it does not take any longer than that...I am already out of status in here since I came on F1 visa..I did a lot of different jobs: teaching, Taxi driver, restaurant manager......I am even driving my car with an international license...and I am sick of this country already!!! As soon as I get my PPR, I am gonna drive to Buffalo, get my visa inshallah, and get the hell out of here..lol...and Speednab, do you know if it matters to Buffalo that I am out of Status now..I have been legal for more than 4 years...I know that it is okay for them if the applicant has been legal for at least one year when his/her application is received...So I don't know..I am just double checking. and also my application was in process since January 2012 according to their email, and not too long ago they changed my ecas to In process, I am hoping I should be getting my PR anytime soon inshallah. Any comments Plz.......Thank you all and good luck to all of us...

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beenwaitingforlong said:
Salam Speednab,
Thank you everyone for your replies. It has not been 14 months yet. but since my application was received in Buffalo Feb 24, 2011, it would be 14 months, this month on the 24th. So just 23 days left to complete 14 months. I hope it does not take any longer than that...I am already out of status in here since I came on F1 visa..I did a lot of different jobs: teaching, Taxi driver, restaurant manager......I am even driving my car with an international license...and I am sick of this country already!!! As soon as I get my PPR, I am gonna drive to Buffalo, get my visa inshallah, and get the hell out of here..lol...and Speednab, do you know if it matters to Buffalo that I am out of Status now..I have been legal for more than 4 years...I know that it is okay for them if the applicant has been legal for at least one year when his/her application is received...So I don't know..I am just double checking..Thank you all and good luck to all of us ;D
Salam.
Welcome. Yes I see how it is hard for you. InchaAllah you will get your visa soon. I do not think It matters being out of state as long as you have been here for 1 year. So you are ready to work many jobs in Canada :)
Best wishes

beenwaitingforlong

Mar 29, 2012
speednab said:
Salam.
Welcome. Yes I see how it is hard for you. InchaAllah you will get your visa soon. I do not think It matters being out of state as long as you have been here for 1 year. So you are ready to work many jobs in Canada :)
Best wishes
I am sick to my stomach over, just 2 weeks ago, some stupid business owner offered me 3 USD per hour.. so I told him no thanks and that I had a green card, which i didn't...lol..so now he is paying me the minimum wage in VA...but anyways, Speednab, did u apply from USA or Canada? :D

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beenwaitingforlong said:
I am sick to my stomach over, just 2 weeks ago, some stupid business owner offered me 3 USD per hour.. so I told him no thanks and that I had a green card, which i didn't...lol..so now he is paying me the minimum wage in VA...but anyways, Speednab, did u apply from USA or Canada? :D
Salam. If I were you, I would not lie. Just take it easy as It is in Allah's hand.
I applied from USA.

beenwaitingforlong

Mar 29, 2012
speednab said:
Salam. If I were you, I would not lie. Just take it easy as It is in Allah's hand.
I applied from USA.
I like your faith Speednab..it is just ridiculous how these people want to take profit from the situation of some less fortunate people..but you are right, it is in Allah hand....bARR: Wasber ala ma asabak inna dhalik min 3azmi il oumour..S Allah Adhim.
So anyways, good luck to you.. and we will keep each other posted inshallah

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beenwaitingforlong said:
I like your faith Speednab..it is just ridiculous how these people want to take profit from the situation of some less fortunate people..but you are right, it is in Allah hand....bARR: Wasber ala ma asabak inna dhalik min 3azmi il oumour..S Allah Adhim.
So anyways, good luck to you.. and we will keep each other posted inshallah
Salam. Jazakum Allah Khyrn. Everything is written and what is written is good for us. Have patience!
Let me know if you need any help.

Apr 2, 2012
Dear All,

I am glad I have found this blog. I received my Med. request 2 days a go by E-mail.
I was expecting also to receive a money receipt from them saying that they received my application fees, but unfortunately I didn’t.
Now I need this receipt in order to apply for my son for a RMAQ Medicare card. He was born in Canada and he will be eligible after I receive this receipt.
CAN YOU PLZ -IF YOU RECIVED THE AOR AND MED REQUEST BY EMAIL-, TELL ME IF YOU WILL RECIVE A RECIPT LATER BY MAIL??
Do I need to ask for it? Or the email I received would be enough as prove of payment?
Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks in advance

mcgill_engr

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

I am glad I have found this blog. I received my Med. request 2 days a go by E-mail.
I was expecting also to receive a money receipt from them saying that they received my application fees, but unfortunately I didn't.
Now I need this receipt in order to apply for my son for a RMAQ Medicare card. He was born in Canada and he will be eligible after I receive this receipt.
CAN YOU PLZ -IF YOU RECIVED THE AOR AND MED REQUEST BY EMAIL-, TELL ME IF YOU WILL RECIVE A RECIPT LATER BY MAIL??
Do I need to ask for it? Or the email I received would be enough as prove of payment?
Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks in advance

Hi ......everyone including me, have only received AOR and medical request form in the email and nothing else. I do not think that they provide separate receipts for the application and/or encashing the money order/cheque or DD.