+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
This is awesome news! I wonder if it will change how the process looks? Ie. If applications won’t always be transferred to VO’s as there’s no need if they can be worked on and finalised remotely?
Hopefully. I think a big part of this has to be that work-from-home / remote simply won't be allowed in a number of foreign countries (security reasons).

Reactions: DiiDii and canadan_

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
Hopefully. I think a big part of this has to be that work-from-home / remote simply won't be allowed in a number of foreign countries (security reasons).
I agree. Hopefully these advancements, that have been accelerated by the current situation, mean more efficient processing for everyone moving forward; so something good may have come from this year!

Reactions: DiiDii

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Wouldn't get too excited yet. Wheb it comes to government promises until you see actual proof that applications are being processed faster I would be be cautiously optimistic. Canada still wants to limit how many people enter Canada especially from hot spots because there are quite a few flights arriving with covid positive people.

CCarter

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
File Transfer...
14-10-2020
Yup I've had the Decision Made since September 4th... my wife has since then received her biometrics request, she passed them, and so on. Until today, no letter received.
I called IRCC many times, the last time being Thursday on September 17th. A very kind agent answered and was finally willing to help me instead of answering the normal robotic answers of COVID 19, delays, etc etc (I swear if their toe is hurting it's because of COVID 19...)
She told me to my surprise that they wanted to send it by mail (Canada post) and due to COVID 19 they were not sending those yet... I asked if it was possible to send it by email, she said "yes sure, let me request that! But don't expect it to happen in a few minutes!! It will take a couple of days for them to notice my request". Still shocked by how they were going to make me wait for that letter (which I need to send my wife's Certificat de Sélection application in Quebec), I said okay.
I called yesterday since the "couple of days" had passed, the agent told me that he has seen the request that his colleague has sent but he does not have an estimate of when the email will be sent. When I asked roughly how many it should take, he answered : a couple of weeks sir.
A push of a button, an email... yup.
So I got that going for me :)
well that explains where mine is at. I havent called yet to ask, I need to be int he right mindset to deal with them lol thanks for doing the hard work!

SubnormalFever

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
well that explains where mine is at. I havent called yet to ask, I need to be int he right mindset to deal with them lol thanks for doing the hard work!
Haha you're welcome! And just to let you know, I called them again today, and learned that they can't send another request if another is open, and that it stays open for 30 days... so yeah... I have to wait until either the officer in charge of my file responds or 30 days pass and I can send another request...

Awquin

May 28, 2020
Just an update to previous timelines. My application was AOR1 on the 22nd of Feb. Just got Bio on the 9th, Medicals on the 18th, SA on the 22nd, Sent to Ottawa office on the 22nd. Medicals are scheduled for October 13th....(I am in Canada now and there are two places that do it here in NS) and waiting for a call on the Biometrics (Canada offices just starting to open). I expect with how quickly things just moved that I will be approved and processed before the end of the year. Was - Outland from U.S. and sent a form to update my address to Canada. Had to GTFO of the U.S....and SO GLAD I DID.

Reactions: canadan_

BobbyinON

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
windsor
Category........
VISIT
Guys,, we got Biometric request on sep 4th, then medical request on sep 18th. My wife in India has done the medicals on Sep 23rd. I noticed that in Ecas it was updated on sep 25th. but now regarding Biometric request, My wife applied for TRV last year from her IT company (technically that is before our marriage), it was refused then, so now she need to wait for VAC to open or will that biometric can be used now?? All in all, seems like things are moving fast since resumed process!!!

VM2020

Sep 4, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Received Medical request today.

Application received: February 20
AOR1: March 5
Biometrics request: September 9
Medical request: September 18

Good luck everyone! Hope you will receive some good news soon!
Today I received pre Arrival services letter
Application Received: Feb 12
AOR : Feb 20
Biometrics: March 10
Medical Submitted : March 18
Decision Letter to Sponsor Spouse: March 24
Pre Arrival Service Letter: Feb 24

nrrpxyz1188

Feb 29, 2020
Application mailed on February 3, 2020
Received on February 6, 2020
AOR 1 February 20, 2020
Biometrics request February 24, 2020
Medical request February 26, 2020
Sponsor approval February 26, 2020
Biometrics completed and passed March 9, 2020
Medical passed March 12, 2020
No updates until...
Decision made on PR application September 21, 2020.

US citizen (PA), Canadian citizen (sponsor), no dependents.
Hi... congrts..
Quick question: did u have following line in ECAS under principal applicant side?
we started processing your application.... or u directly got decision made and there is no update about this line?
Thanks.