+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

GJ90

Jun 10, 2020
Guys,

I have applied family reunification on Feb 2020 from Canada(Province: Quebec) to my wife & son in India since I am a Canadian PR. Now I have a feeling that entire PR process will take at-least 6-12 months from now to complete since application moved to NDVO now and VFS offices in India are closed without exact timeline.

So in the meantime, I am planning to apply for Visitor Visa for my wife & son. Please share your thoughts if this is a good idea.

And To apply for Visitor Visa,
1) Can my wife use the biometric which she has taken for PR ?
2) Is medical really required?
3) What about the processing time for visitor visa now?

Thanks
Guys,

I have applied family reunification on Feb 2020 from Canada(Province: Quebec) to my wife & son in India since I am a Canadian PR. Now I have a feeling that entire PR process will take at-least 6-12 months from now to complete since application moved to NDVO now and VFS offices in India are closed without exact timeline.

So in the meantime, I am planning to apply for Visitor Visa for my wife & son. Please share your thoughts if this is a good idea.

And To apply for Visitor Visa,
1) Can my wife use the biometric which she has taken for PR ?
2) Is medical really required?
3) What about the processing time for visitor visa now?

Thanks

She can not use the same biometric for a visitor visa. IRCC requires you to do biometric each time you apply for a different type of visa.

Reactions: Arun0_9kumar

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
She can not use the same biometric for a visitor visa. IRCC requires you to do biometric each time you apply for a different type of visa.
Actually I would say we don't know about this - or at least I don't.

IRCC just recently announced (last week?) that they would use biometrics from TRV applications for PR application purposes (covid measure).

I do not know the policy but it's _possible_ they will use the PR biometrics for PR. I'd apply and hope that they do use it.

Note, though, that a lot of TRV applications from those with pending PR applicaitons get refused.

Reactions: Arun0_9kumar

SidCD

Sep 18, 2020
Hi,
I received Medical request on Sep 18, 2020. My wife gave medical on Sep 22, 2020. I still don't see any update. Is it normal? How long does it take to see medical updated on gckey?

Mira2018

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Hi
How long time after a CSQ to get a medical exam
Vo Paris

Combien de temps après un CSQ pour passer un examen médical
Bvc Paris

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Hi,
I received Medical request on Sep 18, 2020. My wife gave medical on Sep 22, 2020. I still don't see any update. Is it normal? How long does it take to see medical updated on gckey?
Same as you. Nothing yet depends on how and when they send it over.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Okay, I checked on this. For the person above, she should NOT have to give biometrics in order to apply for a TRV as she recently gave them for PR application.

Normally, if you have given biometrics for a TRV you WOULD need to give them for a PR application. But that has been changed for now, TRV biometrics (last ten years) will be used for your PR application.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html
"Due to COVID 19, as a temporary measure, if you gave your biometrics for another application within the last 10 years, you don’t need to give your biometrics again.

If you’ve never given biometrics in the past, or it’s been longer than 10 years, you’ll need to give them when the biometric collection sites closest to you start offering biometric collection services again."

The reverse is also true: if you have given biometrics for a PR application, you do NOT need to give new biometrics for a TRV application. This was the case before covid. (the website language reads: "You don’t need to give biometrics if you gave biometrics for a permanent residence application that is still being processed, and now you’re applying for a visitor visa, study permit or work permit."

If you wish you can check here:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

Reactions: MommaBear

GJ90

Jun 10, 2020
Actually I would say we don't know about this - or at least I don't.

IRCC just recently announced (last week?) that they would use biometrics from TRV applications for PR application purposes (covid measure).

I do not know the policy but it's _possible_ they will use the PR biometrics for PR. I'd apply and hope that they do use it.

Note, though, that a lot of TRV applications from those with pending PR applicaitons get refused.
All I know if when I applied for my husband he had to complete biometric twice, once for the spousal applications and once for the visitor visa. They didn't use the same ones.

Perhaps due to covid they may allow it now. Not sure‍♀

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
All I know if when I applied for my husband he had to complete biometric twice, once for the spousal applications and once for the visitor visa. They didn't use the same ones.

Perhaps due to covid they may allow it now. Not sure‍♀
How long ago? Likely the procedures have changed (as they did recently).

See the links, it's pretty clear what the approach is now. It does say there now that in some cases they may require, and they will contact.

Reactions: rrss13

GJ90

Jun 10, 2020
It was a year ago!

But im glad they'll use the same biometrics! Didn't make sense when they asked him to do them again despite them being valid for 10 years!