Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
18-03-2014
File Transfer...
19-03-2014
This might be a silly question, but how do I find out my AOR? I thought it was just the date my paperwork (the applicant) was received like this...

"We received your application for permanent residence on February 21, 2014."

but the date is the same my husband's (the sponsor) paperwork was received as per the online services as well and that doesn't make sense. or does it?

"We received your application to sponsor xxxx xxxx on February 21, 2014."

TorontoEH

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 29, 2014
File Transfer...
Apr 16, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 7, 2014
First stage AOR is based on the date they provided in the first email. Second stage AOR is the date you received the second email and not the date within the second email. Hope that makes sense. That is how I have taken it.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Junebug said:
This might be a silly question, but how do I find out my AOR? I thought it was just the date my paperwork (the applicant) was received like this...

"We received your application for permanent residence on February 21, 2014."

but the date is the same my husband's (the sponsor) paperwork was received as per the online services as well and that doesn't make sense. or does it?

"We received your application to sponsor xxxx xxxx on February 21, 2014."
the AOR is a short email generally received before receiving sponsorship approval acnkowledging CIC has received the package. it sounds like your aor is February 21st, as that is how they phrase it in the AOR email. some visa offices will not send a second aor when it's been received there.

Junebug

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
18-03-2014
File Transfer...
19-03-2014
Okay, so my husband received an email on 3/18 that said they received the paperwork on 2/21 and then on 3/19 we got an email saying he was approved as a sponsor. I have never received an email though as the applicant. The only reason I know my UCI number is a border officer gave me a visitor record (?) once and it had one on there so I used that and it worked, hah. Thanks for the help!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Junebug said:
Okay, so my husband received an email on 3/18 that said they received the paperwork on 2/21 and then on 3/19 we got an email saying he was approved as a sponsor. I have never received an email though as the applicant. The only reason I know my UCI number is a border officer gave me a visitor record (?) once and it had one on there so I used that and it worked, hah. Thanks for the help!
correct, all communication prior to SA goes to the sponsor, and now that the file's been transferred any communication from the visa office will be to the applicant. a person's UCI number will always be the same, no matter how many times they deal with immigration (travel visas, pr application, sponsorship, etc).The sponsor and the applicant will have separate uci numbers and share the file number for the PR process.

TorontoEH

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 29, 2014
File Transfer...
Apr 16, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 7, 2014
I am the applicant and i received AOR from the VO. The date mentioned in the email was the same as stage 1 AOR so I have used the date which i received the second email as 2nd stage AOR.

TanyaVV

Feb 26, 2014
hi everyone, I applied under Family Sponsorship (my husband is Canadian citizen and i am a US citizen currently living in NY) as an outland applicant in february 2014. app received, meds received to date according to eCas.

BUT, I'm very confused, someone please explain if you know what that means:

Just checked eCas and it says "Application for Permanent Residence - Federal Skilled Worker submitted to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) Sydney, Nova Scotia"

Ummm...i applied as a Family Class Sponsorship applicant for permanent residency as my husband is Canadian. I never applied for a Federal Skilled Worker... I mean, i do have business degree from a University but i don't think i qualify for a Federal Skilled Worker criteria (30 or so professions...). Should I contact them somehow to clarify? IS there a way to clarify it? I dont want my app rejected at the end of the day as i am pregnant and going to have a baby at end of October and gestimating that i shoud Dhave my residency approved at around christmas/new year time based on a 8-10 mth wait. SOMEONE PLEASE CLARIFY AS ITS REALLY STRESSING ME OUT!!! ??? ??? ???

TorontoEH

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 29, 2014
File Transfer...
Apr 16, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 7, 2014
That doesn't sound right. I would call the call center and also raise an online case specific inquiry.

TanyaVV

Feb 26, 2014
TorontoEH said:
That doesn't sound right. I would call the call center and also raise an online case specific inquiry.
How and where do i call the call center? i cannot find any phone numbers....i did send an email to them and it says i will get respond within 20 days....

TorontoEH

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 29, 2014
File Transfer...
Apr 16, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 7, 2014
Hi haven't used it myself but i believe that this is the number - Call Center toll free 1-888-242-2100.

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
TanyaVV said:
How and where do i call the call center? i cannot find any phone numbers....i did send an email to them and it says i will get respond within 20 days....
When you send an email make sure you include your UCI numbers (both if you have one for yourself and the applicant), your dates of birth, addresses, and names. It will then be a case specific inquiry and you'll get a response much faster than 20 days (hopefully).

TanyaVV

Feb 26, 2014
Zarilenth said:
When you send an email make sure you include your UCI numbers (both if you have one for yourself and the applicant), your dates of birth, addresses, and names. It will then be a case specific inquiry and you'll get a response much faster than 20 days (hopefully).
Thank you! I just called my husband in Canada so he can call the call center at that 1-888$ (as you can only dial it from INSIDE Canada). I tried and it doesn't even connect. I'm praying that it can be resolved and explained easily. Because wait time for processing for Federal Skilled Worker is 25 frigging months....! (just checked guildelines for FSW and apparently i qould qualify butttttt i don't want under that, i want under a Family Sponsorship (as a sponsored Spouse).

Sorry fro whining but being hormonal due to pregnancy isn't helping me much right now :eek:

TorontoEH

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 29, 2014
File Transfer...
Apr 16, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 7, 2014
I'm sure it's just a mistake. Sorry I forgot to mention the number can only be called from within Canada. I assumed you were in Canada.

TanyaVV

Feb 26, 2014
TorontoEH said:
I'm sure it's just a mistake. Sorry I forgot to mention the number can only be called from within Canada. I assumed you were in Canada.
It's ok! i capitalized "INSIDE Canada" not as a yell at you but as frustration at CIC Call Center LOL

TanyaVV

Feb 26, 2014
TorontoEH said:
So, my hubby just got off the phone with call center and the lady said it's a mistake and she has absolutely no idea why it went to Nova Scotia FSW center as we are married and applying thru Family Sponsorship. She will provide me with Nova Scotia office email so i can email them with inquiry and ask why it was sent to them and that they need to send it back to Ottawa asap.

I guess it's a good thing so far.....just a pain in the a$$ to deal with... grrrrrr