+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2013 OUTLAND (only) applications!! Here is your thread!!

OZinON

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
App. Filed.......
12/02/2013
AOR Received.
23/02/2013
Med's Done....
12/01/2013
Passport Req..
02/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
visa exempt
LANDED..........
lived in canada since april 2010, LANDED 28/07/2013
skas13 said:
CIC works on a Saturday?? Interesting!! Or did you get it on Friday and just post it? I thought I had Saturday and Sunday off from obessessively checking my email! ;)

Nope today 4.49pm ...Honestly i thought i had weekends free of obsessive-email-checking too, but today i was checking for something else and just about died when i seen it! Running around yelling like an excitable 5 year old going to disneyland haha my neighbours must have thought i was loony.

hm82

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
31-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
18-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
18-Aug-2012
Passport Req..
08-Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2013
LANDED..........
2-May-2013
New Delhi Permanent Resident Family Sponsor (Spouse) applicants, please respond ! Tell me if the NDVO is slow in sending the PPR ? I am already over 4 weeks since sponsorship approval (23-Jan-2013) and still waiting for PPR ?

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
OZinON said:
Nope today 4.49pm ...Honestly i thought i had weekends free of obsessive-email-checking too, but today i was checking for something else and just about died when i seen it! Running around yelling like an excitable 5 year old going to disneyland haha my neighbours must have thought i was loony.
Congrats! You're updated! SA updates next!!

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-09-2013; Visa Received 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
Well darn, I thought I could take the weekends off to relax too, now what am I going to do????? I can't be obssessed with checking emails 24/7, it will put me in the looney bin!! lol The worst part is, I will be bugging my wife to check her email all the time and I can't be doing that, she will go nuts if I do!! LOL I sure hope the AOR and SA come fast for us because then the long wait comes.

CONGRATS to all who have gotten AOR and SA's!!!!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
hm82 said:
New Delhi Permanent Resident Family Sponsor (Spouse) applicants, please respond ! Tell me if the NDVO is slow in sending the PPR ? I am already over 4 weeks since sponsorship approval (23-Jan-2013) and still waiting for PPR ?
one month is a bit early, and I think you will get a better answer if you ask in one of the New Delhi thread.
Good luck,
Sweden

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14
Gary_87 said:
Here's to another week! Hopefully full of good news!! :)
I second that. Back to compulsively checking my email. The worst part is I am also looking for a job and waiting for email replies/phone calls from potential employers. Seriously, all this stress and waiting. I might have a heart attack.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
I know. I'm trying for an IEC visa right now as I found out I'm eligible do keep getting all these immigration and iec emails haha.

kevin002

Star Member
Dec 30, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
skas13 said:
I second that. Back to compulsively checking my email. The worst part is I am also looking for a job and waiting for email replies/phone calls from potential employers. Seriously, all this stress and waiting. I might have a heart attack.
haha..totally feel you! I've been doing the same. What's even worse is that I now have to compulsively AND carefully sift through my junk e-mails too (just in case!) :eek:

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
kevin002 said:
haha..totally feel you! I've been doing the same. What's even worse is that I now have to compulsively AND carefully sift through my junk e-mails too (just in case!) :eek:
Many email services give you the option of adding emails to a "safe" list, so important emails don't wind up in trash. Ask other Singapore applicants what addresses emails have come from, and you can add those addresses to your "safe" list. You can also set up forwarding for those emails, so if you or the sponsored person gets an email from CIC, it gets forwarded from you to the sponsored person, or vice versa.

kevin002

Star Member
Dec 30, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
IvanP said:
Many email services give you the option of adding emails to a "safe" list, so important emails don't wind up in trash. Ask other Singapore applicants what addresses emails have come from, and you can add those addresses to your "safe" list. You can also set up forwarding for those emails, so if you or the sponsored person gets an email from CIC, it gets forwarded from you to the sponsored person, or vice versa.
Thanks for the tips Ivan. :)

OZinON

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
App. Filed.......
12/02/2013
AOR Received.
23/02/2013
Med's Done....
12/01/2013
Passport Req..
02/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
visa exempt
LANDED..........
Gary_87 said:
I know. I'm trying for an IEC visa right now as I found out I'm eligible do keep getting all these immigration and iec emails haha.
Really Gary? Mine was denied because we are applying for PR... and they were not happy rhat I had applied for another iec permit.. they made it very clear that permanent residence applicants were not tp use ice permits to work while awaiting a decision..??

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
OZinON said:
Really Gary? Mine was denied because we are applying for PR... and they were not happy rhat I had applied for another iec permit.. they made it very clear that permanent residence applicants were not tp use ice permits to work while awaiting a decision..??
That's strange. It says this on the iec website:

I have applied for permanent residence status and I’m waiting for my file to be processed. Can I go to Canada in the meantime under the IEC initiative?

The IEC initiative is not designed to provide work permits to those waiting for permanent residence status. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria of the initiative, you are welcome to submit an application to participate.

So according to iec uk its totally fine. Did iec deny you based on this? When did you apply and what did they say out of interest cos the website says so long as I meet the criteria which I do then its ok.

OZinON

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
App. Filed.......
12/02/2013
AOR Received.
23/02/2013
Med's Done....
12/01/2013
Passport Req..
02/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
visa exempt
LANDED..........
Gary_87 said:
That's strange. It says this on the iec website:

I have applied for permanent residence status and I'm waiting for my file to be processed. Can I go to Canada in the meantime under the IEC initiative?

The IEC initiative is not designed to provide work permits to those waiting for permanent residence status. However, if you meet the eligibility criteria of the initiative, you are welcome to submit an application to participate.

So according to iec uk its totally fine. Did iec deny you based on this? When did you apply and what did they say out of interest cos the website says so long as I meet the criteria which I do then its ok.
Please be advised that the intention of the working holiday is for Australians to travel around Canada, learn the culture and work to supplement their funds. It's intention is not/not as a means for permanent resident applicants to stay and work in Canada while waiting for their visa to come through.

Of course it may be different for IEC UK

But...this is exactly what i received when applying. they asked me to withdraw my application and request a refund of the application fee. I meet all the criteria, and when i called to ask about it (though cic is not officially involved with IEC) i was told that they were right and that if i were to need a visa to help support us until our application came through it wouldnt look good for my partner as a sponsor since he is supposed to be able to support me in any circumstance where i cannot work. Which sucks...

Its not that we need the money because he can definitely support us both, i just need to work or do something or ill go crazy with boredom..I would still have another year on my current IEC permit but the officer who issued it at the Sarnia Ontario border crossing didnt know what he was doing and screwed it up and only gave me one year. It clearly says on the permit "Australians receive a 2 year working permit" and of course when i questioned it he got quite rude and said "maam i know what i am doing and if you are not careful i will take this back and deny it." And so i was stuck with a 1 year visa.

Be careful at the border with IEC permits as ive had trouble both times as they are not all that common (in ontario at least) and the officers get a little confused by them.

Fingers crossed it will be a smoother process crossing when we all achieve PR :)

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
OZinON said:
Please be advised that the intention of the working holiday is for Australians to travel around Canada, learn the culture and work to supplement their funds. It's intention is not/not as a means for permanent resident applicants to stay and work in Canada while waiting for their visa to come through.

Of course it may be different for IEC UK

But...this is exactly what i received when applying. they asked me to withdraw my application and request a refund of the application fee. I meet all the criteria, and when i called to ask about it (though cic is not officially involved with IEC) i was told that they were right and that if i were to need a visa to help support us until our application came through it wouldnt look good for my partner as a sponsor since he is supposed to be able to support me in any circumstance where i cannot work. Which sucks...

Its not that we need the money because he can definitely support us both, i just need to work or do something or ill go crazy with boredom..I would still have another year on my current IEC permit but the officer who issued it at the Sarnia Ontario border crossing didnt know what he was doing and screwed it up and only gave me one year. It clearly says on the permit "Australians receive a 2 year working permit" and of course when i questioned it he got quite rude and said "maam i know what i am doing and if you are not careful i will take this back and deny it." And so i was stuck with a 1 year visa.

Be careful at the border with IEC permits as ive had trouble both times as they are not all that common (in ontario at least) and the officers get a little confused by them.

Fingers crossed it will be a smoother process crossing when we all achieve PR :)
Oh right. So the IEC folks told you to withdraw and request a refund? I sent off the application anyway, but if they get back to me with something similar then i'd do that too. it states on the British one that its a possiblity if you are eligible.

And yeah man, that sounds rough. It shouldnt reflect bad on the sponsor. It's just I'll be bored and want to work! ah well, if it gets accepted awesome, if not, then no worries. I had a plan anyway and I'm not going to get all hoped up about an IEC. The entire process is kinda screwed up this year and they keep changing the requirements.

Here's hoping the SA's come through this week on another note. Feb applicants have been quiet for a while!!