+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2013 OUTLAND (only) applications!! Here is your thread!!

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Africalady said:
Hello members,
Am due for interview late October and i feel abit scared due to some issues that iam aware of in my application. Our marriage is genuine and we are married happy waiting to be together soon if God allows. I have read so many think on this forum that i ended reflecting on our applications.
Briefly, we have age difference of 16years my husband older, he is divorced 1 child, i have never been married before but i have 2 children from 2 difference relationship (i was a single mother before marrying my husband), we met online and got married after 5months, we come from different countries both in East Africa, he visited my country for few days and later we went to his country, at our Civil marriage i had only 2 friends who attended but most of his relatives/friends were there at our marriage and reception.
However, i have prints of our all our chats of the dating site, many emails, western union receipts, many photos of our relationship, marriage & honeymoon together, viber call history, whatsapp text message history, skype calls, boarding passes, his divorce certificate, our marriage certificate e.t.c
Members please advise, what can i do to show the visa officer on our interview that my marriage is genuine and we are truely in love.
waiting eagerly to read from you.
Regards,
Africalady
Hello Africalady

I have never been into an interview of Immigration but due to my life's experience I can tell you the following!

Unfortunately there is no blue print as to what one can say to an interview. I can copy paste here thousands of replies that members have posted on their own experiences with interviews, but every case is different and unique, like you are a unique person!
That your husband is 16 years older does not mean necessarily a red flag. The officers who reviewed your file probably need to feel a few blanks on your relationship and this is the meaning of an interview. Interviews were designed to clear out foggy areas of your history and they are not by any means a reason or an occasion to disqualify you!
The whole interview itself is by all means is setup to make the interviewee (you) a little uncomfortable in many cases. Don't let the setting get's you down. Be natural, truthful and you have nothing to worry!

Keep cool and don't let them see you sweat!
messenger

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Mr.V said:
So I sent a little email to London, to confirm they'd received my documents (I knew they had but wanted confirmation) and they came back to me confirming my application was approved and COPR is in the mail!

Awesome, don't have to wait for the letter to get the final sigh of relief!

So for the spreadsheet - my application can be counted as approved as of 22/9/13.

I feel good :D
Hiya

I've updated you. Congrats again. Give us a shout when you land!

Good luck

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
tilo said:
HI!!!
UPDATE!!!

Today Sept 27, 2013 the wait was over I got my CPR :)!!!
Congratulations

What is your timeline and VO?

gongdi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
WOOT! WOOT! WOOT!

My wife got a call from VO this morning: PR is ready and will be sent out to her later this weeeeeek!! :p

If thats not enough, it is set to arrive about 2 weeks early according to the 9 month wait at Beijing. We were even subjected to extra scrutiny as well (VO asked us for extra docs like detailed resumes and such) and so we expected many more months of waiting. Now, our landing date is any time before Jan 24th of next year!! I don't know if this all had to do with my MP's help or by the strike ending or by sheer luck but today is a very good day for my family. As much as I sincerely like it over on this side of the planet, it will be amazing to introduce my old family to my new one and start a new life together.

My message to all of those still waiting is: DON'T get discouraged, it actually happens, and it usually happens when you least expect it!!!

wella13

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 07, 2013
AOR Received.
June 29, 2013
File Transfer...
SA july 11,2013/apps forwarded to cem from cic Aug 02,2014/ jan10 2014 in proces. Dm march 19, 2014
Med's Done....
April 03,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 25,2013(December 23,2013 sent PP)December 24,2013 CEM received
VISA ISSUED...
March 17, 2014
LANDED..........
April 04, 2014
gongdi said:
WOOT! WOOT! WOOT!

My wife got a call from VO this morning: PR is ready and will be sent out to her later this weeeeeek!! :p

If thats not enough, it is set to arrive about 2 weeks early according to the 9 month wait at Beijing. We were even subjected to extra scrutiny as well (VO asked us for extra docs like detailed resumes and such) and so we expected many more months of waiting. Now, our landing date is any time before Jan 24th of next year!! I don't know if this all had to do with my MP's help or by the strike ending or by sheer luck but today is a very good day for my family. As much as I sincerely like it over on this side of the planet, it will be amazing to introduce my old family to my new one and start a new life together.

My message to all of those still waiting is: DON'T get discouraged, it actually happens, and it usually happens when you least expect it!!!
congrats :) :) :)

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
gongdi said:
WOOT! WOOT! WOOT!

Hi Gondi friend! I am very very happy for you and your wife!

Thank you for your thoughts about us! Have a happy life. Let me know the exact day of receiving your visa so I can update you!

Tom

Passport2Canada

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-2-2013
AOR Received.
25-2-2013
Med's Done....
5-2-2013
Passport Req..
3-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2014
Although the strike is over, its looking like its going to take months for them to catch up the backlogs. I know they were hiring new workers for a while to take up the slack. I wondered if they would try to rush the easier apps through, just to get them out of the way. I wonder if thats why some applicants status and ECAS updates are rather random and unpredictable. Although CIC says its typically updated on Tuesday, it seems that a lot of the time it updates on another day. Some people even get their updates on weekends and at any time of day or night. If your status changes in the office and the worker inputs that into the system, it seems funny that it would wait hours or days to update itself. The only other thing I could think of is if CIC has people working night and weekend shifts.

tilo

Sep 19, 2013
messenger said:
Congratulations

What is your timeline and VO?
Hi Messenger:
Thank you! this is my timeline:
VO: CPP-O
Application Send: Feb 9, 2013 (including PR fees and Medical Report - Section A)
Application Received: Feb 14, 2013
Sponsorship Approval: March 12, 2013
PPR (COPY): August 28, 2013
Passport (scanned copy) Send: August 28,2013
CPR RECEIVED: Sept. 27, 2013 :)
Good Luck!!!

Africalady

Sep 9, 2013
messenger said:
Hello Africalady

I have never been into an interview of Immigration but due to my life's experience I can tell you the following!

Unfortunately there is no blue print as to what one can say to an interview. I can copy paste here thousands of replies that members have posted on their own experiences with interviews, but every case is different and unique, like you are a unique person!
That your husband is 16 years older does not mean necessarily a red flag. The officers who reviewed your file probably need to feel a few blanks on your relationship and this is the meaning of an interview. Interviews were designed to clear out foggy areas of your history and they are not by any means a reason or an occasion to disqualify you!
The whole interview itself is by all means is setup to make the interviewee (you) a little uncomfortable in many cases. Don't let the setting get's you down. Be natural, truthful and you have nothing to worry!

Keep cool and don't let them see you sweat!
messenger
Thanks Buffy2323 & Messenger,
Now am feeling abit relaxed and more confident that all will go well. For sure every r/ship is unique because people meet from various places, have got through different life experience and fall in love for a reason. There is no defined procedure for love.
Now let me concentrate on preparing my documents to present on the interview.
Some Question please
- Should my husband write any letter for me to go with on the interview?
- What about my friends & relatives, do they need to write any letter too?
Otherwise, keep me in your prayers please. May God bless you for your kindness & generosity to share information with me.
Cheers,
Africalady

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-09-2013; Visa Received 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
Africalady said:
Now am feeling abit relaxed and more confident that all will go well. For sure every r/ship is unique because people meet from various places, have got through different life experience and fall in love for a reason. There is no defined procedure for love.
Some Question please
Otherwise, keep me in your prayers please. May God bless you for your kindness & generosity to share information with me.
Cheers,
Africalady
In your case, I would say the more is better just to be safe. If you have people write letters about your relationship make sure they get them notarized/certified so they know they are legit. I'd take them with you and if they ask for more proof provide it, if not no harm done but a few people being out a little time. You will be fine as long as you are honest. Best of luck!! You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
tilo said:
Hi Messenger:
Thank you! this is my timeline:
VO: CPP-O
Application Send: Feb 9, 2013 (including PR fees and Medical Report - Section A)
Application Received: Feb 14, 2013
Sponsorship Approval: March 12, 2013
PPR (COPY): August 28, 2013
Passport (scanned copy) Send: August 28,2013
CPR RECEIVED: Sept. 27, 2013 :)
Good Luck!!!

Dear friend

You have been updated. please inform us when you do land!

All the best :)

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Africalady said:
Some Question please
Cheers,
Africalady
Dear Africalady

As i cannot advice you in the items above the only thing that I can do is wish you the best of luck and pray for you!

Tom

Kazuma

Mar 12, 2013
Hey guys! Got a quick question, does anyone here knows the expiration grace of a permanent residency visa? 6 months upon issuance?