May 23, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 25, 2012
Passport Req..
July 06, 2012<br>ND VO rec'd it..: July 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM: July 30, 2012
sduggs said:
I got email today confirming receipt of my application with UCI number and File number. When I try checking the status online, it says file not found. Anyone know if status is available immediately or do I need to wait. Thanks.

Application:
Mailed on Feb 24
Received by CIC-M: Feb 27
Visa Office: New Delhi
Destination Province: Ontario
jot1988 initially reported a similar issue... but recent jot1988's post stated that it started working after a few days of wait. I guess the time it takes for them to enter the information on to their system or the change to propagate from one to the other can take some time. Just give it a few "business days" and check it again.

TVG

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
AOR Received.
11-07-2012 (Vienna)
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2012
Interview........
16-10-2012 (Fingers Crossed)
Passport Req..
22-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012
Is everyone thats getting approved from New Delhi? Anyone on this forum applying through Vienna Office.. my application was sent to Mississauga Feb. 16th, I haven't heard anything yet.

sduggs

Apr 13, 2012
Thanks Indocan

indocan said:
jot1988 initially reported a similar issue... but recent jot1988's post stated that it started working after a few days of wait. I guess the time it takes for them to enter the information on to their system or the change to propagate from one to the other can take some time. Just give it a few "business days" and check it again.

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
Yasmine_GRL said:
I am in the same boat with you and liuminparis, I'm sending the missing med exam today. I try to keep positive and think that if they wanted to start the process all over, they would've sent the whole package back. I'm getting prepared for about one month of waiting after they receive my letter, before panicking. I'm pretty sure we will get an answer before the 2 months deadline they gave.

Good luck and stay positive!
Thank you for your reply! :)

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
liuminparis said:
Hi ThunderSoul, I think we are unfortunately on the same boat. I don't really believe what the agent said "90 days as it is a new case" however anything could happen in CIC as it is a black-box operation. I wish us both good luck. And probably our question wouldn't have a standard answer. Just try to be positive and leave it there and wait for a good surprise.

remember to keep positive although it is very hard with CIC
Thank you very much for getting back to me :)

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
Deficient said:
There is a user in the February batch who had a missing document requested on or after 4th May (that was the date the app started processing) and who received sponsor approval 30th May. So I guess you're looking at 3-4 weeks in total, including the time taken for them to request and for you to respond, etc.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
Herjeet said:
I have been waiting 96 days for my sponsorship approval to come through...its now starting to piss me off that they are taking so much longer than the 90 days to approve us. Dose anyone know a number to ring from abroad to CIC as I can only find a number to ring within Canada? :-\
I'd have to say 96 days is still on track... I received a reply from the 105 days later saying they want a document I already filled in. 12 days later they received it, and now in total it has been 121 days since they received it, or 125 days since I sent it, and it's going to take about another 30 days for them to "approve" it, so I'm looking at 155 days just for me. And others have been approved only 50 days in. That's 3 times faster than my application.

Not only did I get one of the worse officers to handle my application, but every agent (except 1 very recently) I spoke with were total useless insignificant pr*cks. The problem I'm looking at is that there will be even more delays since my wife's med expires early October, so getting a med will add even more delays to our app. It is as if the CIC is purposely delaying some applicants for their own vile evil twisted mocking-us purposes.

:\

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Didn't you see the news that the meds can be extended another year? She won't have to redo. What's your VO?

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
ThunderSoul said:
Ah, and how do you apply for an extension?
Visa Office.

Check the main page for the new medical rules.

sdfr0024

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
03 May 2013
File Transfer...
06 June 2012
Med's Request
08 August 2013
Med's Done....
25 Jan 2012 Expired
Passport Req..
08 August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
11 September 2013
I called CIC today guys and they told me I AM APPROVED, however, the funny part is i haven't received any E-mail or any kind of mail in mailbox. The guy on the phone said they already E-mailed but i haven't received any. Now, anyone knows when and how will i receive my FILE NUMBER? So i can check my application status.

Thanks..

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
sdfr0024 said:
I called CIC today guys and they told me I AM APPROVED, however, the funny part is i haven't received any E-mail or any kind of mail in mailbox. The guy on the phone said they already E-mailed but i haven't received any. Now, anyone knows when and how will i receive my FILE NUMBER? So i can check my application status.

Thanks..
I haven't gotten my letter and it's been over two weeks. Call again and get your number.

sdfr0024

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
03 May 2013
File Transfer...
06 June 2012
Med's Request
08 August 2013
Med's Done....
25 Jan 2012 Expired
Passport Req..
08 August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
11 September 2013
canadiangirl78 said:
I haven't gotten my letter and it's been over two weeks. Call again and get your number.
I asked them about the FILE NUMBER. And the guy said we don't have it yet. However, he quoted my UCI number and when i login with it, the status says FILE RECEIVED, doesn't it say FILE APPROVED?? Any idea??