May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
lalatata said:
Yes I did pay it online and submitted the receipt with the original application package.
Yea I agree. New Delhi do have a tendency to request the Passport almost right away and they just hold it on the file..

The real wait starts now though... who knows how long they will take from here.. But for sure it will little better to see some movement after waiting for over 3 months in Mississauga.

Thanks!

Arif.merchant

May 17, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
cic-m
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2012
AOR Received.
16/05/2012
File Transfer...
16/05/2012
Med's Done....
16/01/2012
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
luck you man my file was sent on may 16 but no answer congrazzzzz :)

in_can

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
25-06-12
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Request
Sent already
Med's Done....
06-03-2012
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
13-07-12
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-12 (Started processing on ecas,Visa has same date)
LANDED..........
Soon...
Congrats!! Lalatata. Atleast it is moving.
Did you pay RPRF fees and sent the receipt already or going to send the receipt with your Passport.

lalatata said:
Yea I agree. New Delhi do have a tendency to request the Passport almost right away and they just hold it on the file..

The real wait starts now though... who knows how long they will take from here.. But for sure it will little better to see some movement after waiting for over 3 months in Mississauga.

Thanks!

indocan

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
May 23, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 25, 2012
Passport Req..
July 06, 2012<br>ND VO rec'd it..: July 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM: July 30, 2012
lalatata said:
Thanks! ECAS Shows the same
Sponsorship status tab -> DM - sent a letter/email
PR applicant tab -> pplication Rcvd. Medicals rdvd
Sponsorship status tab -> Decision Made - How long did it take before you saw "DM" from "In Process"? I got the approval letter dated May 23 but Ecas still shows "In Process" -> Sent a letter . It doesn't change to "Decision Made". However, the other tab show same as yours.

Aamir89

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lalatata said:
Thanks! ECAS Shows the same
Sponsorship status tab -> DM - sent a letter/email
PR applicant tab -> pplication Rcvd. Medicals rdvd
Thanks alot for sharing your information. It gives me a hope now. I hope my status ll also not change to "In Process" and they ll soon give my wife letter asking for passport.

Thanks for sharing :)))

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
in_can said:
Congrats!! Lalatata. Atleast it is moving.
Did you pay RPRF fees and sent the receipt already or going to send the receipt with your Passport.
I have mentioned the same in my last posts but its okay i can repeat :p

I payed it online, submitted the receipt with the original package sent to Mississauga.

Thanks!

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
indocan said:
Sponsorship status tab -> Decision Made - How long did it take before you saw "DM" from "In Process"? I got the approval letter dated May 23 but Ecas still shows "In Process" -> Sent a letter . It doesn't change to "Decision Made". However, the other tab show same as yours.
I think 3-4 days... honestly when i got the approval email i didnt care about ECAS - it can take however long it wants to change from whtvr to whtv as long as its accurate and you have the approval email you are good u know :)

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
lalatata said:
I have mentioned the same in my last posts but its okay i can repeat :p

I payed it online, submitted the receipt with the original package sent to Mississauga.

Thanks!
I hope so too! Have patience I am sure its on its way and you will hear back anytime soon now!

indocan

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
May 23, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 25, 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
lalatata said:
That's kind of awkward and doesn't make sense why they would do that... What if someone (applicant) needs to travel meanwhile? I thought they take their time to decide BEFOREHAND and the very final step is to request the applicant's passport just to stamp the visa and return it to them immediately.

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
indocan said:
That's kind of awkward and doesn't make sense why they would do that... What if someone (applicant) needs to travel meanwhile? I thought they take their time to decide BEFOREHAND and the very final step is to request the applicant's passport just to stamp the visa and return it to them immediately.
Yes I agree. But if you think about it.. For New Delhi VO - 80% of regular case with no complications etc get done within 6 months and these case are given highest priority for processing hence they ask the passport right away while doing there additional checks etc.. Its also a way for them to make sure that the person is not travelling around out of country and doing some crimes etc...

But then again there are times the cases get stuck over 6 months and thats when it can be a big pain... if they return the passport within 2-3 months thats not too bad but to keep it for 9-12 months that is insane.. but i think ppl should be aware if they need to travel due to emergency and need passport and if VO have not finalized the case.. ppl can request to get back the passport for use... and CIC will follow through and send you back the passport.. however of couse keep in mind they will need ur passport back to finalize..

there are also times when i know ppl say dont want to submit right now as out of country/need it etc but ask us to submit later when about to finalize then CIC will also follow through and ask for it again by sending another PPR at the very final stage...

Just remember CIC dont have to keep the passport if they dont need it.. and CIC understands that ppl need passport for various reasons..

Just cause they are usually finalized fairly quickly they ask for PPR right away... BUT that does not always happen lol hope this helps..

indocan

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
May 23, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 25, 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
lalatata said:
Yes I agree. But if you think about it.......

Just remember CIC dont have to keep the passport if they dont need it.. and CIC understands that ppl need passport for various reasons..

Just cause they are usually finalized fairly quickly they ask for PPR right away... BUT that does not always happen lol hope this helps..
Sure, it helps man. LoL. It's all good. Anyways, a friend of mine sponsored his wife late last year and her passport was returned back to her within 2-3 weeks from the day she mailed it in (Of course with the visa stamped). Let's hope that's the case for you, me and many of our other dear friends here. All the best. Cheers!

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
indocan said:
Sure, it helps man. LoL. It's all good. Anyways, a friend of mine sponsored his wife late last year and her passport was returned back to her within 2-3 weeks from the day she mailed it in (Of course with the visa stamped). Let's hope that's the case for you, me and many of our other dear friends here. All the best. Cheers!
If that happens I am going to fly to India personally and pick her up in my arms and bring her here! lol well either way i guess i could do that hehe

Cheers man!

indocan

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
May 23, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 25, 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
lalatata said:
If that happens I am going to fly to India personally and pick her up in my arms and bring her here! lol well either way i guess i could do that hehe

Cheers man!
Hahaha.... I hear you man... I hear you! Aren't we all on the same boat here given the wait time and ones separation from their other half.

indocan

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
May 23, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 25, 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Aamir89 said:
Thanks alot for sharing your information. It gives me a hope now. I hope my status ll also not change to "In Process" and they ll soon give my wife letter asking for passport.

Thanks for sharing :)))
To my understanding "In Process" is before "Decision Made"... So if your status already says "Decision Made" then I don't see why it would change back to "In Process". Good Luck!

sduggs

Apr 13, 2012
I got email today confirming receipt of my application with UCI number and File number. When I try checking the status online, it says file not found. Anyone know if status is available immediately or do I need to wait. Thanks.

Application:
Mailed on Feb 24
Received by CIC-M: Feb 27
Visa Office: New Delhi
Destination Province: Ontario