+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2012 Applicants - Join here!

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
Deficient said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp

If I am understanding it correctly, the extension of the validity of the medical can only be done if the applicant underwent the medical in the previous 15 months. If it is longer than 15 months since the medical, then re-medical will still be necessary.

The extension of an expired or soon-to-expire medical will also only be possible when the validity of the medical is the very last thing that is preventing a final decision on an application and not before that point, so if the application only reaches that point after 15 months have elapsed, then the extension cannot happen and a re-medical will still have to be requested.

It also appears that the medical extension is a completely internal process - the applicant doesn't have to take any action.
OK, then I guess my wife and I are fine. She did hers in October, I hope they get all they need by December this year, that will make 15 months.

Thanks...

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
Ok they didn't mail an approval letter. I've been checking since they supposedly sent it on May 16. It's June! And USPS runs on Saturday! So there's no way it would take that long to get here. I know someone in January who never got an approval email or letter. And now their VO has no record of their app. Bummer. :(
What is so important about that letter I keep hearing about?
If they said they sent it, then they have a record.
If you have an UCI, then that's all you need.
The guys on the phone gave you all the info you needed.

Isn't the letter just a copy of what you already know?

I don't feel it's significant, but then again, I'm asking to confirm this because some people seem to be hellbent on that letter.

Any thoughts?

Thanks...

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
ThunderSoul said:

I don't feel it's significant, but then again, I'm asking to confirm this because some people seem to be hellbent on that letter.

Any thoughts?

Thanks...
Yes it is important to me because it is the official word. I don't want to have to hear it only from some person on the phone who doesn't care. And like I said, the other person who this has happened to has now found out no visa office has record of their application.

OrangeFlame

May 24, 2012
OrangeFlame said:
Hi all,

I've been lurking around for a bit, thought I would share my situation.

I received an email today from an officer at the Ottawa pilot centre. In the additional family member form I'm pretty sure I put "NONE" as what's been discussed recently, but apparently we are missing an signature in the section. (despite me checking over the forms many times, not sure how that slipped through) The officer did not ask me to resend the form, he asked me to reply confirming that my wife indeed does not have any kids.

My app was received at CIC-M Feb/10 according Canada Post. At least now I know my case is being worked on, hopefully I will get approval soon!
APPROVED!

approval letter received friday,

now to wait for stage 2.....

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Congrats!! When was your app received?

ria165

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/12
File Transfer...
29/08/12 ( 1.5 YR TRAVEL HISTORY )
here is my case . 3 4 days back my husband apply for my spouse visa we attached every document everyproof like 500 pages of facebbok chats n 400 pic of pre mrg post mrg n wedding honeymoon etc etc .. yahoo chats .. like we were in contact with each other from aug 2011.. we had formal eng(roka) in nov2011 n wedding in march 2012 ... n we send everythng like medical .. police certificate .. and i to have travel history 1 yr so i also attached th police clearence from tht .... so my prb is that i was also refused student visa but not for canada .... and in background declaration form i forgot to mention as there was some missunderstanding with the questions so now my file is already sent 3 4 days backk .. so what shoud i do for that .. can i send them letter now n explain everything or i wait for my file to reach my home office bcz my side proccessing will start at my home country .. canada will only chek my husbands back ground and after approving his sponsorshio then they will transfer my file and look at my documents ...

can anyone plzz helpp m soo soo confused on what to do.. '

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
ThunderSoul said:

Any thoughts?

Thanks...
This isn't the case for canadiangirl but the letter or email is absolutely essential for applicants who are destined for Quebec because you have to submit an application to Quebec for a CSQ once you have sponsor approval, and you have to enclose that letter or email as proof that you have had federal sponsor approval. Without that letter, your entire process is stalled, the visa office won't start processing the applicant until they have the CSQ. I've seen one horror story of someone whose letter/email didn't arrive and it took CIC three months to pull their finger out and actually resend despite repeated phone calls.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
canadiangirl78 said:
Yes it is important to me because it is the official word. I don't want to have to hear it only from some person on the phone who doesn't care. And like I said, the other person who this has happened to has now found out no visa office has record of their application.
i agree with u the letter is important :) it's actually the only clear proof of ur approval (the ecas says just decision made which could b both ways and the person, well even if he says and it's good to know it before it's not in writing); and by the way the ones going to Quebec who need also to apply for the CSQ need that letter, without it their process could get stuck)

but don't b sad :) u cannot make a relation that ur file also was not transfered, her case was misfortunate; also she did say in a later post that she got confirmation that the letter was resend, u can try asking them thr same thing: 2 resend it!! but i would wait until Th or Fr ;) 2 weeks with 2 long weekends u never know, maybe the letter will come on Monday ;) good luck!!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Thanks missmini. I tried calling on Thursday and Friday and they just disconnected me due to high call volume but other people got through. Thanks for the encouragement.

FK22

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 29 2012
File Transfer...
June 21, 2012
Interview........
Jan 17 2013
Passport Req..
soon IA :)
VISA ISSUED...
sooooooon IA :)
LANDED..........
sooon IA :)
Where can I find the February spreadsheet? I called CIC and they have nothing on file for me yet :-[ My Application was recieved on Febraury 29th....I need to know if more ppl during that time have been approved....the nervouseness beginnns :(

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FK22 said:
Where can I find the February spreadsheet? I called CIC and they have nothing on file for me yet :-[ My Application was recieved on Febraury 29th....I need to know if more ppl during that time have been approved....the nervouseness beginnns :(
My application was received on February 28th (one day before you). I haven't received any news from CIC either.

The waiting time (90 days) written on CIC's web site is not correct. They're Working on applications received on February 15, 2012. Therefore the waiting time is more than 90 days.

Some March applicants say that they are approved, but most of them are from Ottawa Office. If your office is Mississauga you have to wait little longer.

There are a lot of people in the same situation same as you and me. We have to be little more patient.

Good luck!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
FK22 said:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Alz5rxujMsIGdFR3WGszYzduZDZsXzh1cTFLNWx5aFE#gid=0

The end of February are all still waiting. I think the March applications went to a different place, Ottawa, or different officers. Approvals should happen this week!

TVG

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
AOR Received.
11-07-2012 (Vienna)
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2012
Interview........
16-10-2012 (Fingers Crossed)
Passport Req..
22-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012
Galip said:
My application was received on February 28th (one day before you). I haven't received any news from CIC either.

The waiting time (90 days) written on CIC's web site is not correct. They're Working on applications received on February 15, 2012. Therefore the waiting time is more than 90 days.

Some March applicants say that they are approved, but most of them are from Ottawa Office. If your office is Mississauga you have to wait little longer.

There are a lot of people in the same situation same as you and me. We have to be little more patient.

Good luck!
I sent in my application on February 15th, I still haven't gotten any response, neither a UCI number or an acknowledgment letter that they recieved it.. :-X

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TVG said:
I sent in my application on February 15th, I still haven't gotten any response, neither a UCI number or an acknowledgment letter that they recieved it.. :-X
You will receive an answer very soon. Did you send your application to Mississauga?