31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
Fencesitter said:
I predict they will stay at the same timeline (i.e. 75-85 days). The apps filed in January will get processed in the first week or so of May. The February and March applicants will be processed in June or early July...April applicants in late July or early August...all will be right with the world...

If you do a bit of math, you'll see that with 84 days, it will be done around that time...and let's not forget that these numbers are approximations...could be faster...but could also take more time...plan for the worst...but hope for the best...and stay negative!

FS
Actually March will start in May...I have 39 days to go and counting...hopefully next week they will zip through everything if we look at the January sheet not a lot of them have been on the site lately so we cannot base ourselves on that! Crossing my fingers!

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
I hope you're right, but from the looks of it, I think everyone is going to be pushed back a couple of weeks. My app was received on April 13. I'm not expecting any news until August - September.

The way I look at it, if you have a really strong case, the VO will issue the visa fast to reduce the backlog. What's the point in making someone wait if their case is solid, the VO knows the relationship to be real, intention to move to Canada has been established, and there are no other barriers? This is my guess as to how they sort things out...

FS

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Processing times have been updated.

88 days now.
Working on January 19.

At least it is accurate. It was worse when it was a big fat lie and we had no clue what to expect.

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
Fencesitter said:
I hope you're right, but from the looks of it, I think everyone is going to be pushed back a couple of weeks. My app was received on April 13. I'm not expecting any news until August - September.

The way I look at it, if you have a really strong case, the VO will issue the visa fast to reduce the backlog. What's the point in making someone wait if their case is solid, the VO knows the relationship to be real, intention to move to Canada has been established, and there are no other barriers? This is my guess as to how they sort things out...

FS

I don't think it's all about a strong case it also depends on all the supporting evidence. If the person sent their app with over 100 pictures it will take them longer than the one that sent 40. If they sent 2 years of phone records vs a person who sent 6 months again it will take longer...it all depends on all those factors too...But if you look at the january list all the names until PeliPeli...i haven't seen any posts from them except BP832 so that could be that we are closer to January 25th. Anyways we shall see!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiangirl78 said:
Processing times have been updated.

88 days now.
Working on January 19.

At least it is accurate. It was worse when it was a big fat lie and we had no clue what to expect.
In two weeks they processed 1 day worth of applications.
Two weeks ago they were processing 17 or 18 now gracefully after 2weeks CIC went forward 1 day. Thanks CIC

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo... I mean CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
Dr Eng X said:
In two weeks they processed 1 day worth of applications.
Two weeks ago they were processing 17 or 18 now gracefully after 2weeks CIC went forward 1 day. Thanks CIC
I'm not sure if it is better or worse that they are accurate with this update... It's better that they are where they say they are but it is for sure worse that they can't seem to get one days worth of applications in a week... if this keeps up then it will be another year before we even get sponsorship approval! :eek: No wonder there is so much stress in my life!!
I guess I will just try to relax nest week when we go away for vacation (first time without the kids...6 years is far to long!) and just pray that we get approval by the time we get home!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mameelynn said:
I'm not sure if it is better or worse that they are accurate with this update... It's better that they are where they say they are but it is for sure worse that they can't seem to get one days worth of applications in a week... if this keeps up then it will be another year before we even get sponsorship approval! :eek: No wonder there is so much stress in my life!!
I guess I will just try to relax nest week when we go away for vacation (first time without the kids...6 years is far to long!) and just pray that we get approval by the time we get home!
It could be accurate but their math is still wrong.
Anyway, I hope we'll all have our approvals way before expected and I keep telling myself next week they will sort things out and we'll have good news (just a hope)

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
So definitely they are working on files further then the Jan 19th,20112 date.. I actually know another one which got approved. That case was also filed on Jan 26th...

I think , as there was a big rush of applicants from mid to end of Jan, they are just making sure to give the accurate date for the cases... hence the change of dates, number of days increasing and moving back and forth from Jan 17th to Jan 25th..

The way they are going, I suspect that they will reach first week of Feb applicants by end of April, first week may.. and from there the time line will start to shorten again as they be over with the big rush of Jan applicants..

Also, I think that as there was a big delay (gap) between processing application in Mississauga, the next step that happens at the respective visa office should shorten (at least the passport request phase if they request it upfront). This can be explained due to the big gap in receiving transfers from step 1 to that Visa office( this may be more applicable to the busy visa offices such as Beijing, Buffalo, London, New Delhi, Manila) .. I guess what I m trying to say is that if we look at it as a Queue bases, first in first out.. the step 2 would really be having an empty queue as they would not have received many applications to atleast do the passport request... At the end of the day the waiting time may still remain the same overall but it just that the wait in visa office might reduce as they be already done with previous files..

Anyways, another way to tell the mind to be positive...

Again, all of this is considering that there are no exceptions to the case, no mistakes, no additional documents, no expiry of medicals, PCC, no additional BC, Interview...

Also, I notices on the Canadian Data website that they average processing time for New Delhi is

20% done in 2 months
30% done in 2 months
50% done in 3 months
70% done in 5 months
80% done in 6 months..

I assume the 20% and 30 % cases probably fall under the no exceptions cases and they are the ones which usually get done quicker then the rest..

hope this is helpful!

pandapenda

Sep 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
Doc's Request.
17-02-2012
File Transfer...
07-11-2011
Interview........
None - 2 years of travel history
Passport Req..
8-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-14-2012
lalatata said:
So definitely they are working on files further then the Jan 19th,20112 date.. I actually know another one which got approved. That case was also filed on Jan 26th...

I think , as there was a big rush of applicants from mid to end of Jan, they are just making sure to give the accurate date for the cases... hence the change of dates, number of days increasing and moving back and forth from Jan 17th to Jan 25th..

The way they are going, I suspect that they will reach first week of Feb applicants by end of April, first week may.. and from there the time line will start to shorten again as they be over with the big rush of Jan applicants..

Also, I think that as there was a big delay (gap) between processing application in Mississauga, the next step that happens at the respective visa office should shorten (at least the passport request phase if they request it upfront). This can be explained due to the big gap in receiving transfers from step 1 to that Visa office( this may be more applicable to the busy visa offices such as Beijing, Buffalo, London, New Delhi, Manila) .. I guess what I m trying to say is that if we look at it as a Queue bases, first in first out.. the step 2 would really be having an empty queue as they would not have received many applications to atleast do the passport request... At the end of the day the waiting time may still remain the same overall but it just that the wait in visa office might reduce as they be already done with previous files..

Anyways, another way to tell the mind to be positive...

Again, all of this is considering that there are no exceptions to the case, no mistakes, no additional documents, no expiry of medicals, PCC, no additional BC, Interview...

Also, I notices on the Canadian Data website that they average processing time for New Delhi is

20% done in 2 months
30% done in 2 months
50% done in 3 months
70% done in 5 months
80% done in 6 months..

I assume the 20% and 30 % cases probably fall under the no exceptions cases and they are the ones which usually get done quicker then the rest..

hope this is helpful!
I'm from the ND thread and let me tell you...ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :p....sorry I know we are all going through this...

WISH TO CHEER ON ALL THE FEB APPLICANTS ;D ;D ;D

ALL THE BEST GUYS HOPE THE FIRST FEW APPROVALS START NEXT WEEK

Lily_TV

Star Member
Apr 15, 2012
how do we know step 2 will be faster considering if all documents provided as per their guide lines? I like to know how many cases they review per day. :)

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
cgagnon said:
I don't think it's all about a strong case it also depends on all the supporting evidence. If the person sent their app with over 100 pictures it will take them longer than the one that sent 40. If they sent 2 years of phone records vs a person who sent 6 months again it will take longer...it all depends on all those factors too...But if you look at the january list all the names until PeliPeli...i haven't seen any posts from them except BP832 so that could be that we are closer to January 25th. Anyways we shall see!
My Predictions were correct....YAY!!! Let's keep going!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cgagnon said:
They do not review if the case is genuine or not at this stage! This is stage is to approve the sponsor. All they do is check if the file is complete, forms are signed and dated....that is why this stage is all about back log once it is clear the approval is a matter of days. You can check past sheets. Technically the agent takes few hours if not less for straight-forward cases
Also, the 2nd stage is a bit culture based for example some VO will not approve common law...etc.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Feb applicants,
I have been trying to stay sane and find some relief. I have said before if we assume the forum as a representative to the real thing. That is if we assume the numbers here are proportional to the actual numbers then
Jan is (61 applicants according to Jan 2012 sheet with 14 people waiting for approvals)
Feb is 19 according to our sheet
This means the number of applicants in Jan is almost 3 times that of Feb. I hope processing times will pick up speed once CIC finishs Jan applicants

sdfr0024

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
03 May 2013
File Transfer...
06 June 2012
Med's Request
08 August 2013
Med's Done....
25 Jan 2012 Expired
Passport Req..
08 August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
11 September 2013
I think CIC will stretch the time to 90 days and all we can do is WAIT N WAIT.. This is so frustrating...