+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Feb 2015 citizenship applicants

kalvin25

Mar 31, 2015
Hi,
I received my exam invitation yesterday. Will be taking it 2 weeks from now. Wish me luck. Here is my timeline:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 19, 2015.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 17, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We started processing your application on March 26, 2015.
Your file was transferred to the Citizenship Vancouver office on March 29, 2015. The Citizenship Vancouver office will contact you.
We sent you a notice on April 24, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 14, 2015 at 10:06 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

Christine32

Star Member
Sep 3, 2009
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2009
Doc's Request.
14-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
IELTS Request
29-01-2010
File Transfer...
14-10-2009
Med's Request
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
10-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2011
LANDED..........
19-May-2011
kalvin25 said:
Hi,
I received my exam invitation yesterday. Will be taking it 2 weeks from now. Wish me luck. Here is my timeline:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 19, 2015.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 17, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We started processing your application on March 26, 2015.
Your file was transferred to the Citizenship Vancouver office on March 29, 2015. The Citizenship Vancouver office will contact you.
We sent you a notice on April 24, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 14, 2015 at 10:06 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

Congrats, this is great! And so fast! So what are the timelines usually after you take the test? Has this always been so fast between being in process and taking the exam?

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Congratulations to kalvin I believe you are first from Feb batch to get an exam date and to others who went to 'In Process' . I am a little disappointed for my app just got my most recent ATIP record for April and there has been no change in my file nothing has been started in any of the checks at all a tad bit down hopefully the next report I get by end of May will have something more positive.

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
samreentariq said:
Congratulations to kalvin I believe you are first from Feb batch to get an exam date and to others who went to 'In Process' . I am a little disappointed for my app just got my most recent ATIP record for April and there has been no change in my file nothing has been started in any of the checks at all a tad bit down hopefully the next report I get by end of May will have something more positive.
Hi samreentariq,

Can you please share you ATIP report? What does it say? Thanks.

kalvin25

Mar 31, 2015
Christine32 said:
Congrats, this is great! And so fast! So what are the timelines usually after you take the test? Has this always been so fast between being in process and taking the exam?
I'm not actually sure. I was a bit surprised, too. I was expecting a June/July exam. I guess that's what we get for paying the $630. Wishing everyone will have a jiffy processing as well.

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
The ATIP report is over 9 pages long. Taking all the personal info out the sections I am most interested in is as follows :

ASSESSMENTS

Residence: Not Started

Language: Not Started

Knowledge: Not Started

Parentage: Adoption:

Armed Forces:

Prohibition: Not Started

Security: Not Started

Criminality: Not Started

Waiver:

Hearing:

Final:

Oath: Not Started

CIT Effective Date:

Discretionary Grant: N

Following this there are sections which list the breakdown of all the above category all have a due date set to Due Date: 2016/03/05 other than the one with Oath which had Due Date: 2015/04/24 but obviously seems nothing in my file was touched since 11th March when I got my AoR and all the info was entered into the system.

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
samreentariq said:
The ATIP report is over 9 pages long. Taking all the personal info out the sections I am most interested in is as follows :

ASSESSMENTS

Residence: Not Started

Language: Not Started

Knowledge: Not Started

Parentage: Adoption:

Armed Forces:

Prohibition: Not Started

Security: Not Started

Criminality: Not Started

Waiver:

Hearing:

Final:

Oath: Not Started

CIT Effective Date:

Discretionary Grant: N

Following this there are sections which list the breakdown of all the above category all have a due date set to Due Date: 2016/03/05 other than the one with Oath which had Due Date: 2015/04/24 but obviously seems nothing in my file was touched since 11th March when I got my AoR and all the info was entered into the system.
Thank you samreentariq for sharing... Maybe it is too early at this point... However, it looks like some other applicants are on a faster ride...

I'm from 2014 applicants, and still waiting for test...

It seems to me that there could be different processing lines in Sydney and local offices... I think there is this "fast line" and "normal line"... As to where an applicant file goes, nobody knows for sure... :)

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Well sadly end of the day no one knows how the process works in reality all we can do is take guesses. The call center is not reliable and has been stonewalling people so ATIP is for me at least the only way to see where my file is, I am a little disappointed it is not picked up yet but nothing I can do about that, I ordered the next ATIP and will go about life hopefully when I get it hopefully around May 30th it will show at least a few of the categories in process.

ag01038

Apr 23, 2015
Hello Samreentariq,
Same situation with me too. No update in ECAS since AOR. How long did it take you to get the ATIP record?

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
As per the weblink: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html

[size=10pt]Access to Information and Privacy[/size]
[size=10pt][size=10pt]Travel History Report[/size][/size]

[size=10pt]When not to ask for a Travel History Report[/size]
When you request your Travel History Report directly from the CBSA it can take up to 30 days to complete. There are many reasons you may require your report, but sometimes requesting it directly is not the best option. When your travel history is needed as part of an application, such as the application for Canadian citizenship, check the form for the option to release your report. Using this option means that you will not have to request it yourself. When this option is available, requesting the report directly from the CBSA will cause a significant delay to your application process. Listed below are the three applications that do not require you to request your report directly from the CBSA.

akalai

Apr 5, 2012
I sent out my application on Feb. 8th and it got received on 11th.
And I have never got any mails/emails from CIC ever since:(
I am starting to wonder if my application got forgotten by CIC.
I live in Toronto.

Nainarvet

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akalai said:
I sent out my application on Feb. 8th and it got received on 11th.
And I have never got any mails/emails from CIC ever since:(
I am starting to wonder if my application got forgotten by CIC.
I live in Toronto.
Hi Akalai,

Sorry to know that you've not yet received your AOR. Try logging into eCAS with your client ID number and other details. Just in case, if your email AOR got missed somehow, you would be able to see the status of your application there. But if there is no record even there, you probably need to call CIC to let them know this and see if they can to do anything. If it gets to that level, then it is better that you have your application package ready for resubmission, in case if they can't trace your application. In that way, at least you can get in to the queue before the new rules take effect. Good luck!

akalai

Apr 5, 2012
Nainarvet said:
Hi Akalai,

Sorry to know that you've not yet received your AOR. Try logging into eCAS with your client ID number and other details. Just in case, if your email AOR got missed somehow, you would be able to see the status of your application there. But if there is no record even there, you probably need to call CIC to let them know this and see if they can to do anything. If it gets to that level, then it is better that you have your application package ready for resubmission, in case if they can't trace your application. In that way, at least you can get in to the queue before the new rules take effect. Good luck!
Thanks Nainarvet. I did check my status on ecas but there is nothing there. Yeah i will call CIC hopefully
I can get some valid information from them. Resubmission? i shall only do that if CIC claims they can't find my current application, right? Otherwise wouldn't that confuse them to apply twice? Thank you

John_Dorry

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

Ecas updated. File transfered to Local Office (april 30).

Do you know what are the current timeline for the next steps ?