21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
octprwaiting said:
Do we need to send separate request of me and my dependent to FBI or I can send both in one envelope.
both print cards can be sent together. be sure to include the payments for both though.

dkailey

Star Member
Jun 22, 2013
Hi guys! i was called at NDVO on Nov28 for fingerprints. Got no update after??? And before that my interview n medical were done in Oct. please enlighten my hopes when m gona get my PP request......... :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

GaneshD

Jul 14, 2014
I have mailed the finger print cards on May 6th, my credit card was charged on June 3rd and still haven't received any results. Can anyone share the telephone number to call CJIS and verify?

olaper

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
02-07-2015
Doc's Request.
21-03-2016
Nomination.....
07-08-2015
AOR Received.
18-11-2015
Med's Request
01-06-2016
Med's Done....
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
12-01-2017
I sent my wife's finger print on Jul 17. And still waiting for it. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

carr1

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
16-02-16 FBI check
AOR Received.
16-09-2015
File Transfer...
27-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-05-2015
Passport Req..
2-4-16 DM
VISA ISSUED...
8-4-16 COPR Arrived
LANDED..........
10-4-16 Landed
olaper said:
I sent my wife's finger print on Jul 17. And still waiting for it. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I mailed mine from Ontario on May 7th, I called the FBI last Tuesday and they said my answer was going to be mailed the next day but still have not recieved but I know that mailing time from the states to here seems to be about 7 days, so hopefully soon I will receive mine. When I called they were opening mail from May 15th. Sorry but you have some time still to wait.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since the FBI is now (and has been for a few months) issuing the IHSR letter on plain, white paper without ANY security features...I strongly suggest those that receive theirs to make a copy/scan of the letter (including the cover page that simply has the recipient's name and address), along with a color scan of the envelope.

Mail the IHSR letter in the original envelope to CIC (most likely the CPC-M location).

I can't imagine that CIC is pleased with the FBI's decision to issue these letters without any security features, so sending them the original envelope as well can only help to convince them that your letter is genuine.

Maybe!

Holmes Family

Jun 10, 2015
Johannesburg - South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
NOC Code......
Hers:6221,4011 His:2174,2717
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interesting info. I was requested to do an FBI background check for our EE Application for PR.
Request on our MyCIC profile arrived on Tuesday 6PM our time (GMT+2) and the application was officially sent to the FBI on Wednesday. The Envelope Departed South Africa via DHL on Wednesday and has been en-route for delivery from COLUMBUS - WEST, OH - USA facility since Friday 9:30 Their time. Might have been delivered then or today or who knows...
Anyway, we are hoping to get our before the 2nd week of Jan, given the holidays we might be a bit optimistic but lets see. I will update this thread if i get any updates :)

blueknight

Nov 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Holmes Family said:
Interesting info. I was requested to do an FBI background check for our EE Application for PR.
Request on our MyCIC profile arrived on Tuesday 6PM our time (GMT+2) and the application was officially sent to the FBI on Wednesday. The Envelope Departed South Africa via DHL on Wednesday and has been en-route for delivery from COLUMBUS - WEST, OH - USA facility since Friday 9:30 Their time. Might have been delivered then or today or who knows...
Anyway, we are hoping to get our before the 2nd week of Jan, given the holidays we might be a bit optimistic but lets see. I will update this thread if i get any updates :)
So you mailed in your prints on 17th November? I am curious, my prints reached there on 14th November and when I inquired about confirming the delivery they said to check with the courier service and I also learnt that they were opening the mails received on 24th Aug 2015. So you are pretty optimistic about your case coming up by second week of Jan....I wish i shared your optimism...anyways good luck and please keep updating :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Holmes Family said:
The current [posted] processing times, from the FBI website, show 11-13 weeks after the request has been received. This would mean that you should receive your FBI IHSR letter ~ late February...if your fingerprints are legible.

Good luck!

blueknight

Nov 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I emailed them yesterday asking about my application and very strangely they replied in the same manner as they did before. It seems they have a template created, which they use to respond to all emails. The only thing that changes is the date they mention about opening the packages. On November 18th they were opening the mails received on 24th August and today they are opening mails received on 1st September... some progress! Sad
I needed a confirmation of any sort from them just to tell my case officer that I've already sent my application but these people seem to be sticking to standard replies. I even attached the request letter from the case officer!
I am thinking of calling them ..........and hoping they will be able to provide me with some concrete info.
By the way how much time does it take to get a file number or a case officer assigned to work on my application?....any ideas?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
From experience with the FBI background checks.

You can even call them on the phone, and you STILL will NOT receive an answer about where/when your prints are in the process.

If you wanted to ensure that your prints arrived at the facility, then you should've put tracking on the package. They can and will NOT go hunting for your mail to verify that they've received it. They have no methods for tracking it until your mail is actually opened and your prints are put into the system. Once they do that, they usually get a response and send you the letter you need within 48 hours. How long it takes to get to your front door is up to the mail service.

If they say it will take 11-13 weeks, you should expect it to take that amount of time and some time for mailing when completed.

krishnalynn

May 15, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
File Transfer...
08-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 15-04-2016
blueknight said:
I emailed them yesterday asking about my application and very strangely they replied in the same manner as they did before. It seems they have a template created, which they use to respond to all emails. The only thing that changes is the date they mention about opening the packages. On November 18th they were opening the mails received on 24th August and today they are opening mails received on 1st September... some progress! Sad
I needed a confirmation of any sort from them just to tell my case officer that I've already sent my application but these people seem to be sticking to standard replies. I even attached the request letter from the case officer!
I am thinking of calling them ..........and hoping they will be able to provide me with some concrete info.
By the way how much time does it take to get a file number or a case officer assigned to work on my application?....any ideas?
They are really insistent on not telling you anything about your status. Processing time is more like 14+ weeks now (they're just now opening beginning of Sept), you won't get a case officer assigned until about then.

blueknight

Nov 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any idea what mails they are opening/processing, with the holidays approaching I think that they will add an additional week to the processing times.....

Holmes Family

Jun 10, 2015
Johannesburg - South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
NOC Code......
Hers:6221,4011 His:2174,2717
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So an update here on processing times. They have very recently started processing the week of the 23rd November. I got my payment notification a few hours ago and my Envelope was signed for on the 23rd November. Only running about 14-15 weeks from date received.....

sunny19

Mar 19, 2016
Hi,

I am kind of confused about filling out the fd-258 form.
What should I fill in for the 'officials taking fingerprint' and 'reason fingerprinted'. Also, do we put our Canadian SIN number on the social security number? Please help!