July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
There is a website given above.

Manish Sareen

Nov 2, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2010
Maaties said:
How much time it takes for getting approval for your PR from Canada high commission?I have submiited my application on 7th of june from india and it reached nova scotia on 16th june.But still i haven't got any status of my application and even demand draft issued by me in favour General Receiver of Canada will expire on 25th november.So please suggest what can i do and if same has happened with any one else?

drhabib

Feb 22, 2010
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2010
Doc's Request.
23-02-2010
AOR Received.
16-06-2010
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Request
14-10-2010
Med's Done....
03-11-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2011
LANDED..........
may be by the end of march
received a latter from VO on 23rd Oct. the letter states that I do not require attending an interview and must now undergo a medical exam. The later also states that additional supporting documents is required at this time to assist with the review of my documents and ask me to submit (1) Personal net worth statement with supporting documents. , though I have submitted all documents supporting my POF while I submitted full documents to VO (2) Bank statement for last 12 months (3) 5 recent photos of myself and dependents (4) RPRF
Do all who received medical request, also received this type of letter? I am having some difficulty in filling in the form of Personal Net worth statement. Would any of you, especially those who have completed this stage, give me suggestion please!

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2015 Local Office....: Mississauga
AOR Received.
03-30-2015 In Process......: 06-15-2015 Test.......: 11-26-2015 Oath........: Waiting
swapnochary said:
bregadier
How could u know that 740 out of 1000 already selected ?? is theer any evidence ?
Swapnochary
Dear Swapnochary

CIC /CIO is giving up to date picture of the applications received (and accepted). Please see the following link -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

Latest figure reads 940 for ''1122''...... ??? ???

Cheers, Anil

dannyb

Nov 2, 2010
Hi,

I submitted my application today (Nov. 2) under NOC 1122.
It will probably be delivered on Friday, Nov 5th.
Is there any hope I will make it? The current status is 940. Scary :(

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Manish Sareen said:
How much time it takes for getting approval for your PR from Canada high commission?I have submiited my application on 7th of june from india and it reached nova scotia on 16th june.But still i haven't got any status of my application and even demand draft issued by me in favour General Receiver of Canada will expire on 25th november.So please suggest what can i do and if same has happened with any one else?

Depends on the visa office, etc. I guess you are with the pre jun rules so you can check the visa office statistics on cic website but this excludes the time taken at CIO. Good luck

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
dannyb said:
Hi,

I submitted my application today (Nov. 2) under NOC 1122.
It will probably be delivered on Friday, Nov 5th.
Is there any hope I will make it? The current status is 940. Scary :(
There is hope if not many 1122 applicants between Nov 1 and then. Good luck.

dannyb

Nov 2, 2010
I sent my application with a check, but I won't be able to get the money back from the bank unless I return the check to them.
If my application isn't processed, will it be returned with the entire paperwork including my check?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Hi dannyb: instructions indicate you must send signed/dated credit card information or a bank draft for fee payment. I don't think they will accept a cheque. I wish you luck.

mark_smith

Oct 16, 2010
questions related to "submit a complete application to the Visa Office" --1

Hi,

I have the following questions related to "submit a complete application to the Visa Office".

1. Police Clearance

I live in the USA. It is said that it takes the FBI 14 to 18 weeks to send me the Police Clearance. Yet, I have only 120 days to submit to the visa office. Should I wait for the FBI report or just send in the other documents?

I am from Mainland China. I got my Police Clearance (no criminal record notary) from China back in 1994. However, it is now very difficult to get the updated police clearance from China. The Canada Immigration requires that the Police Clearance should not be more than 3 months old. I am wondering whether I could use the ones I got in 1994. Since 1994, I only visited China 4 times, the number of days in total was less than 90.

2. Working Experience Documentation

I currently work for a large company. I am not sure that my supervisor can provide me a reference using "company letterhead". Will reference on regular paper be OK? The Human Resource personnel have access to the "company letterhead". But the HR does not know my work in detail. The current job qualifies me for the FSW application and I think it needs to be very detailed.

Thanks,

mark_smith

Oct 16, 2010
Questions related to "submit a complete application to the Visa Office" --2

Hi,

The Buffalo Visa Office instruction said:

"For the accompanying spouse or common-law partner:
•original and up-to-date letters of reference, including all details as specified above, in respect of any employment in Canada under a work permit.
•a copy of the work permit."

My understanding is that I do not need to submit my spouse's working experience documentation unless she has worked in Canada, as she has never worked in Canada.

Am I correct?

In general, is the Visa Office very picky and will reject applications for small mistakes or is nice and will give applicants second opportunities to proof?

Thanks,

p.s. I recommend that the posters use large fonts, which is available by click the A| (an vertical arrow) at the menu.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Re: questions related to "submit a complete application to the Visa Office" --1

mark_smith said:
Hi,

I have the following questions related to "submit a complete application to the Visa Office".

1. Police Clearance

I live in the USA. It is said that it takes the FBI 14 to 18 weeks to send me the Police Clearance. Yet, I have only 120 days to submit to the visa office. Should I wait for the FBI report or just send in the other documents?

I am from Mainland China. I got my Police Clearance (no criminal record notary) from China back in 1994. However, it is now very difficult to get the updated police clearance from China. The Canada Immigration requires that the Police Clearance should not be more than 3 months old. I am wondering whether I could use the ones I got in 1994. Since 1994, I only visited China 4 times, the number of days in total was less than 90.

2. Working Experience Documentation

I currently work for a large company. I am not sure that my supervisor can provide me a reference using "company letterhead". Will reference on regular paper be OK? The Human Resource personnel have access to the "company letterhead". But the HR does not know my work in detail. The current job qualifies me for the FSW application and I think it needs to be very detailed.

Thanks,
I can only tell you what I would do if i was in your situation.
1) get new PCC from China.
2) If i were you, i would ask the manager to ask the HR person to come up with the letter and he will provide what your duties were. If that doesn't work, then he can write a letter for you and the HR can write a letter to say you were employed (without mentioning duties) but mentioning other important stuff which your manager will mention too. I would then state in a letter why you got two letters. If that doesn't work, then go with the manager's letter without a letter head but also write a letter to say why you couldnt get one on a letter head.

3) If i were you, i would send in all the documents before the 120days are up and explain in a letter to say that FBI takes 12 to 18weeks etc. If you have not received your letter from CIO yet, then you should order the FBI letter now and hope for the best.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mark_smith said:
Maaties,

Thank you for your thoughtful responses, which are very good.

I received the AOR last week.
Just a note about number 3. Wait for as late as you can before you send your document. Don't just send it on day 3 because you believe you won't get your FBI certificate on time. FBI certificate takes about 90days actually (i think).

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
And the list has excluded teachers, lawyers and other important high-skilled professionals.

So, there is absolutely no requirement for immigrant lawyers in Canada. And the same holds true to immigrant teachers since Canada does not have any jobs even for those teachers who have received their education and training from Canadian universities.

The fact is that there are no takers for getting the services of teachers with Canadian degrees(and training) even without paying any fees. And if any immigrant teacher still wants to move to Canada, then he should rather be prepared for taking other jobs including that of cleaners etc.

Meanwhile, the Canada immigration department has its doors wide open for high-skilled chef or cook. Cooks and chefs are treated with great respect in Canada and are very well paid to afford a quality living in Canada since they don’t need to depend on tips for their earning as seems to be case with chefs and cooks in Africa.

And its not just the chefs and cooks themselves who are welcomed to immigrate to Canada as per the latest

Canada immigration rules, even their family members getting sponsorship are invited to join them in this friendly nation. The new Canada immigration policy will result in fast immigration of family sponsorships in Canada.
The latest changes in Canada immigration policy are in tune with the current skills in great demand in Canada while excluding skills that are no longer needed by Canada.

Canada has many high-skilled professionals driving taxis or involved in jobs that are far below their educational qualification or expertise. Hence, Canada wants to invite only those immigrants who can gain adequate jobs after immigrating here.

Canada is, indeed, a multicultural nation which is regarded to be immigrant-friendly. Its unlike the nations like Germany where immigrants not following German ways are threatened with dire consequences.

Canada offers attractive pay packages to help new immigrants settle and integrate successfully in this nation. The year 2011 will see arrival of nearly 265,000 new immigrants coming to the nation to live and work here.